[MOD] Civilian Fleets: Mimicry Extension (v6.04)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zodiak1289
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.04)

Post by Zodiak1289 » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 10:24

Take your time and dont overwork yourself to burnout, take it in your own pace.
Im just happy that you are giving us this pretty much needed mod.
but it seems like it woud be best tom not use the same version number for multible patches, feels like that tend to break stuff

But thanx for doing your best :)

Vectorial1024
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.04)

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 16:34

Zodiak1289 wrote:
Sat, 10. Aug 19, 10:24
but it seems like it woud be best tom not use the same version number for multible patches, feels like that tend to break stuff
Yeah, I agree. With all the Nexus upload details, a same version number is gonna cause me a lot of trouble. I'll try to avoid it next time.

And I have returned... with a v1.05... right in my hands...

Now the "mining fleet broke" bug in the original MTF is fixed, along with a new naming mechanism for your humble civilian fleets.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

o-papaya-o
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.05)

Post by o-papaya-o » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 18:17

Great job
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

gamesemailvp

Post by gamesemailvp » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 20:59

great mod.
but you could put an option to make a fleet that incorporated other mods such as mules, randomtrade, etc??.
I use all the trade and mining mods tb "randommine" and I would merge a fleet option that by selecting it grouped these other mods apart from the famous tatertrade, you could tell me how to do or what I have to modify, with your permission and if you don't Do you have time.
thanks!!! and sorry for my google english.

Zodiak1289
x4

Post by Zodiak1289 » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 23:27

I dont know if im doing something Wrong, but i still cant get the new updates to work, uninstalled/reinstalled with no effect... menu still does not appear again.
Coud it be the reason you stated on the Nexus page be, that the lua file is still missing in the download?

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 04:29

gamesemailvp wrote:
Sat, 10. Aug 19, 20:59
great mod.
but you could put an option to make a fleet that incorporated other mods such as mules, randomtrade, etc??.
I use all the trade and mining mods tb "randommine" and I would merge a fleet option that by selecting it grouped these other mods apart from the famous tatertrade, you could tell me how to do or what I have to modify, with your permission and if you don't Do you have time.
thanks!!! and sorry for my google english.
It's OK! I plan to add support to all those other economy mods; it's whether this come out first, or that one come out first.
Zodiak1289 wrote:
Sat, 10. Aug 19, 23:27
I dont know if im doing something Wrong, but i still cant get the new updates to work, uninstalled/reinstalled with no effect... menu still does not appear again.
Coud it be the reason you stated on the Nexus page be, that the lua file is still missing in the download?
I'm beginning to think maybe the lua files should not be included in the catalog files... Lemme try sometime later today.

EDIT: Reuploaded the entire thing, but this time did not use catalog files. The mod should now work.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Zodiak1289
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.06)

Post by Zodiak1289 » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 11:08

Yep, that fixed it... everything working now

gamesemailvp

Post by gamesemailvp » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 13:29

Thank you, you are doing a great job, something we needed a long time ago and were asked to include in the original game, but as it is logical/normal EGO has other priorities...
As I said: thanks for your effort!

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 17:39

Alrighty.

After careful testing, the Fly and Wait bug has been successfully eliminated. You should now see your civilian fleets perform at a greater efficiency than before.

EDIT: This means that what remains of this mod is to add in support for other trading/mining mods. Gonna be a smooth ride from here.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Zodiak1289
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.07)

Post by Zodiak1289 » Tue, 27. Aug 19, 19:28

Ok played with the mod for a bit now.

One thing i realized is, my Traders supplying the HOP wharf seem to work only in waves.
They fly and do their job supplying stuff to the wharf. Often quicker then the Leader.
After that they wait near the Wharf till the Leader returned and did sold his wares, after that, they start a new wave of shopping.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 28. Aug 19, 15:55

Zodiak1289 wrote:
Tue, 27. Aug 19, 19:28
Ok played with the mod for a bit now.

One thing i realized is, my Traders supplying the HOP wharf seem to work only in waves.
They fly and do their job supplying stuff to the wharf. Often quicker then the Leader.
After that they wait near the Wharf till the Leader returned and did sold his wares, after that, they start a new wave of shopping.
Hmmm, interesting bug report. Will look into it.

EDIT:

Do you mean the "Fly and Wait" bug? Ships completing a trade order will get a "Fly and Wait" order in the order queue? I've fixed that bug, please make sure you are using the latest version.

When ships are doing the vanilla AutoTrade, there will be some cooldown after completing the trades. If you have a lot of ships supplying the shipyard, i.e. they are trading with + docking at the shipyard one after another, they will all wait outside of the shipyard, making it look like the traders are waiting for the commander to complete the trades.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Zodiak1289
x4

Post by Zodiak1289 » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 15:45

I am on the newest Version, Using TaterTrader.(made sure with reinstalling)

I had some fleets stop doing anything till the Leader did his own trade, and suddenly all ships went on their way again.
Sometimes its single ships, sometimes like 4-5 ships out of the entire fleet. But i didnt check if they get the "fly and wait" order... will do it next time i catch one.

but it happend, leader docked, did his Sale, and suddenly all ships that stopped out of his own fleet only ,shoot off like hunted by Xenon.

I will try to see if i manage to catch them doing it again.

Edit: Found some ships in a fleet doing it again, They had no command at all, and it didnt look like they were searching for new trades, cause ships, that Traded after them got a new one before, and as i looked at their Command, it was empty, they had none.
But the second the Leader did his trade, they got new Commands.

Thats why i tought, they are waiting for some kind of update to their commands.

Sorry for my bad English :)

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 18:26

Just as a note to myself, when syncing TaterTrade orders, the sync-point signalling is always triggered independent of whether the "same command" flag is active or not.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Vectorial1024
x4

Re: [MOD] Civilian Fleets (v1.08)

Post by Vectorial1024 » Sat, 26. Oct 19, 10:07

With the help of Scuffle Kerfuffle, this mod has been updated! Now Mules and Warehouses is also supported by this mod!
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

gmargaro
xr

Post by gmargaro » Sun, 27. Oct 19, 10:32

Hi, and thanks for this great mod (It should have been in the game from the start...)

Just a suggestion : Could you add support for Explorer Fleets, specifically the AnotherExplorer mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/332

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Tue, 29. Oct 19, 09:45

gmargaro wrote:
Sun, 27. Oct 19, 10:32
Hi, and thanks for this great mod (It should have been in the game from the start...)

Just a suggestion : Could you add support for Explorer Fleets, specifically the AnotherExplorer mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/332
It should be possible. I briefly looked at their Exploration script, and it makes sense to have a leader ship with the order to explore the galaxy, and other ships under the leader ship to do the same thing.

Note to self: the "police" assignment tag should be appropriate for the exploration script, but to aim for a more general solution, we should test whether arbitrary "assignment tag" strings could be passed from the Lua scripts to XML scripts without causing errors.

This should be simple. (But I will leave it for later...)

And, with the help of Nexus Mods user franchivp, the <run_script> bug has been killed. No version number increment since it was a rather minor issue.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 19:19

gmargaro wrote:
Sun, 27. Oct 19, 10:32

Upon closer inspection, I believe it not necessary for me to provide support for AnotherExplorer; they already have such feature.

As seen from their GitHub repo, if you assign other ships to a ship running AnotherExplorer, AE will attempt to copy the AnotherExplorer default order over to the new subordinate, just like how Civ-Fleets copy the trading/mining default order from the commander to the subordinates when you assign new subordinates using to a new commander.

So perhaps you can contact AnotherExplorer team instead to suggest improvements.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Kyle Baxter
x4

Post by Kyle Baxter » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 22:26

Hi, this mod is great and thank you for creating it. I've been using it for days and it is working nicely, but I found that the mod behaves strange when I use it with TaterTrader. I have for example a Mercury doing Universe trading with both ranges set to 14 jumps from the home sector. When I add another Mercury with join trading fleet its range gets set to 3 or 4 jumps, depending on the skill level of the captain. TaterTrader allows much higher values, like the one the commander Mercury already uses. So my question is, would it be possible for the mod the check the range settings from the commander and apply the value to the subordinates?

Another thing that I found is when I use your mod with the Mules mod. My station has a TravelMule that is doing sales. When i select another trading ship an right click on the TravelMule and click join trading fleet, the new ship gets the role of a DistriMule. I think that behavior is not wanted. Maybe the same is true for the normal StationMule, sadly i could not test it right now.

Edit: I just tested the normal StationMule and it works with the mod without a problem. Only TravelMule seems broken.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Fri, 15. Nov 19, 19:12

Hey there! Thanks for the bug reports. Real life just hit me hard the past week... so I couldn't really respond here.

Both bugs are easy bugs and should be killed soon in the next update.

The TaterTrade bug was mainly because I was still using the vanilla calculation for trade range, which resulted in values from 0 to 5; TaterTrade actually used another way of calculation, and theoretically can range from 0 to 30.

The Mules support was not done by me, but it certainly is on my part for not checking it thoroughly; it's probably the contributor forgetting to type in the correct default order ID (i.e. "TravelMule") after copying code from DistriMule (this happens from time to time in programming in general XD)

I'm planning to extend support to RandomTrade/RandomMine; those extensions were originally supposed to have been in my drive, but I somehow deleted them...
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Kyle Baxter
x4

Post by Kyle Baxter » Sun, 17. Nov 19, 01:01

Welcome back!

Mules and Warehouse seems to be all other the place right now, totally bugged in 2.6 and sadly the author is away. I stopped my playthrough, because i did not find a mules mod that was working properly. Maybe i bend somehow TaterTrader with buy and sell prices and faction restrictions to deliver to my warehouse. TaterTrader is my go to mod the fix all kinds of other broken mods. :) Now to the next bug! A mining fleet with a commander that uses expert miner has the same problem with the jump range. Expert miner allows high values like TaterTrader, but the wingman use again the same default values. I also read that expert miner is way better in mining, compared to advanced or the sector miner behavior. Do the wingman get the same bonuses applied or do they use the basic default sector mining speed?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”