Player House Module

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DaMuncha
x4

Player House Module

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 12:36

Back before X4 was released I posted ideas about how a player home might be implemented in X4 and drew up some designs for building layouts for flats I've seen. I had no idea how to actualy get it in the game before the release but now that I have had time to think about it I have decided on a way it can be done in the game.

Initially by first idea was that it could be added on to an existing module such as a dock and you could watch the ships land out the window like one of the manager rooms that we already have in the game, but after thinkign about it I think it would be suitable to make it its own module that we can place anywhere a module would fit on your stations.

An easy way to do it with minimal effort would be for the outer model we see we could just use one of the existing models e.g. the small habitat and on the inside could be one of the existing Manager rooms but with the furnature removed and a bed in the center with a window that looks out into space. and we could place it anywhere or in any direction to get a different view.

A nicer way to implement the housing idea would be to make entirely new interior modules. That would take more time but would allow us to have different types of homes e.g. S M and L homes, Using a mixture of existing module interior parts with a customized living area. I or anyone else could model the furniture and housing but I have no idea how to get that import that into the game and set it up.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1512493053

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/03/bla ... ent-in-vr/

If anyone has any ideas how this could be implemented I would love to hear them. And of course any assistance from Egosoft would be greatly appreciated.

Original Post
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=400119 (scroll down to post 5)
Just... another... bug.

teleportationwars

Re: Player House Module

Post by teleportationwars » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 13:59

The 3d modeling part of this is the hard part. The sticky here will show you how to extract the cats/dats and people on the discord can explain in detail what to do to make a room and move around the art in it. It is worth noting that the existing art is modular and composable with a little effort.

captainradish
x4

Re: Player House Module

Post by captainradish » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 22:55

I'm all for keeping this thought alive. I would personally LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to create a company "HQ" of sorts that has a dock, perhaps a warehouse, and my PC's living space. I don't really care if it actually DOES anything, but I would really like to have a space I could say "this is mine."

Also, you could easily extend this to M, L, and XL ships as well (some S-size ships perhaps as well). This is something that was lacking in the base game. I really want a room with a chair and a monitor that shows me what's going on outside.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”