Do any of these mods make issues with the game worse?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AquilaRossa
x4

Do any of these mods make issues with the game worse?

Post by AquilaRossa » Wed, 4. Sep 19, 08:18

I have a few mods running and wonder if any contribute to problems i have with the game. Factions spamming stations, expanded sectors from drones and explorers flying off in a straight line (even a nav beacon did it) and lots of my ships chasing Xenon into Xenon space and dying are the main issues that are really taking the fun out of it. Mods are updated and I think they are all 2.50 okay.

Tater Trader running on six L ships. I am going to remove this soon though because it is not really needed. I doubt six ships running this script causes lag though.

The mod that does a 360 degree long range scan. Removing this too, because I have explored every sector myself after I stopped using explorers.

Improved Explorer mod. It is still active, but I do not use the command since reading about explorers being bugged. It happens on vanilla, so i doubt the mod is the cause.

Trade Station Wares Sink. I am not sure it is needed tbh. I wonder if it makes the station spam worse by increasing demand for goods.

No Encounters. I wish this was a game option. Spawning enemies just for me? That ain't fair! Effect on the game? Could result in slightly less attrition of NPC ships who are unlucky enough to be near me getting special spawn treatment.

Remove Highways. I love this mod and do not want to play without it. I enjoyed my first rides on the highways, but now they just get in the way and feel less like the old X that I have nostalgia/hate for :D The only effect I have noticed is Xenon will show up in sectors where they are rarely seen if highways are in the game.

EquipNoRNG. I installed this but have no idea what it actually does.

Improved tractor beam. A bit cheaty, but a great time saver. Not using it much because I do not get to do much combat because the sectors are too crowed and i am spending so much time checking my fleets to make sure they are not running to their deaths in Scale Plate Green etc.

That's all I have running. Are any of them known to make these problems I described worse, or even be the cause of them? I just registered so i can get the beta that is coming. it will apparently address some of these issues.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Do any of these mods make issues with the game worse?

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 4. Sep 19, 09:11

AquilaRossa wrote:
Wed, 4. Sep 19, 08:18
I have a few mods running and wonder if any contribute to problems i have with the game. Factions spamming stations, expanded sectors from drones and explorers flying off in a straight line (even a nav beacon did it) and lots of my ships chasing Xenon into Xenon space and dying are the main issues that are really taking the fun out of it. Mods are updated and I think they are all 2.50 okay.

Tater Trader running on six L ships. I am going to remove this soon though because it is not really needed. I doubt six ships running this script causes lag though.

The mod that does a 360 degree long range scan. Removing this too, because I have explored every sector myself after I stopped using explorers.

Improved Explorer mod. It is still active, but I do not use the command since reading about explorers being bugged. It happens on vanilla, so i doubt the mod is the cause.

Trade Station Wares Sink. I am not sure it is needed tbh. I wonder if it makes the station spam worse by increasing demand for goods.

No Encounters. I wish this was a game option. Spawning enemies just for me? That ain't fair! Effect on the game? Could result in slightly less attrition of NPC ships who are unlucky enough to be near me getting special spawn treatment.

Remove Highways. I love this mod and do not want to play without it. I enjoyed my first rides on the highways, but now they just get in the way and feel less like the old X that I have nostalgia/hate for :D The only effect I have noticed is Xenon will show up in sectors where they are rarely seen if highways are in the game.

EquipNoRNG. I installed this but have no idea what it actually does.

Improved tractor beam. A bit cheaty, but a great time saver. Not using it much because I do not get to do much combat because the sectors are too crowed and i am spending so much time checking my fleets to make sure they are not running to their deaths in Scale Plate Green etc.

That's all I have running. Are any of them known to make these problems I described worse, or even be the cause of them? I just registered so i can get the beta that is coming. it will apparently address some of these issues.
none of this do anything to help or worsen the above problems

those are vannila bugs and will be fixed by ego

equipnorng is modifications for ships dont have random vaules everytime you install one, they are all fixed to max numbers I think
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

AquilaRossa
x4

Re: Do any of these mods make issues with the game worse?

Post by AquilaRossa » Wed, 4. Sep 19, 09:33

Thanks for explanation of RNG. I remember why i installed it now. I was still on my first coffee of the day when i posted.

i am doing spinal rehab after a disc collapsed and disintegrated. Putting some big hours into playing X4. I will do a round of my exercises and leave the game running. That's when it's most common to open up my logs and see I have lost a huge number of ships due to the blacklists thing, but it happens while I am playing too. A moderator told me it is to do with a bug in the way they detect enemies far away across space. I do not doubt this, but I have seen them do it with near enemies too. They just get a hard on for a Xenon ship and chase it across the X universe all the way to a Xenon shipyard....and die. A few doing it I could live with, but now I have lots of big fleets built the losses can be really bad. I will shut the game down and think I will not play again until the patch, but then the next day I play the game and get annoyed all over again. It's the first game I have found that managed to drag me away from modded Fallout 4.

I remember another mod I have. It makes important messages about losses red so you can see them easily. Really handy. I used to mod stuff for my own games way back in the days of Operation Flashpoint and HOI3. I learned to script a bit and I used to print out 100s of pages of OFP commands and snippets. If I learned to mod X4, I think i would try for one that is a filter that shows ships with hull damage. Like the one that shows ships with inventory, but it's damage instead.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”