[Idea]Station Waste Management

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darius Sanguna
x4

[Idea]Station Waste Management

Post by Darius Sanguna » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 10:13

I'm not sure if someone has already looked into it but i searched for it using phrasing that wouldn't have get removed immediately, so i apologize if i bring up an old topic, however i'm pretty sure this topic is going to make a few people quite uncomfortable so i do apologize for that.

Now to the topic at hand, you pump thousands of tons of food and medical supplies into your habitats which have possibly tens of thousands of inhabitants, assuming workers also bring their families and quite frankly modules as massive as the L habitats could easily house more than 10k people quite comfortably, i mean they're most definitely much larger than a Nimitz-class carrier and those things house upwards of 5k personnel, but i digress. Now the question is where does all that stuff go?
And more importantly, from where do the farms get their soil and fertilizer?

Sure, the waste could be jettisoned and the soil could be imported from planets, but i'm pretty sure ice miners would start protesting against the former case very soon while the second case just seems wasteful even though that problem could be solved with the waste that was just blown out the airlock, ironically lol

Long story short, i am sorely missing biological waste treatment in the game, looking at it realisticly that will be a major industry within any spacefaring civilization, even more so than it already is on current day earth.

Again i do apologize that i made you think about something that you'd ideally only think about twice a day and with that i wish you a very nice day :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”