[Mod] XR Ship Pack - 6.0 ready!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Halpog
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack (now including 48!! ships)

Post by Halpog » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 07:35

ok i got some questions
1: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/311 u have nothing to do with this mod right ?
this mod has a galacktica, and an aawran mk3

is it maybe possible that we can get this versions in the xrship mod too ?

2: is it possible that i can "extract" this 2 ships myself and use them as a standalone mod ? anyone got any idea how to do that ?
if so plz some help or guidane would be great

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:06

Max Bain wrote:
Tue, 30. Mar 21, 19:58
I havent found out yet how exactly repair drones work (I mean their pathing) and I must admit, that often I have not checked if their pathing is good or not because it takes several hours until I find a good waypoint "net" for their repair drones. Because they normally still work (they just dont fly very nice around your ship).
I hope some day I will find some time to improve on that area but I hope you can live with the current situation of some ships not having a nice pathfinding for their repair drones.
It was already very time consuming to give them propper docking points for the cargo drones when they dock at stations and this had higher priority than repair drones because when cargo drones are stuck, the trade takes forever until you go OOS.
Not to worry, it's not a huge deal and the Repair Drones do appear to be working, just not as animated as with other ships.

Talking about the Arrakis, there's something else odd about this ship in that it appears to struggle greatly doing any manoeuvre. It's forever lagging behind the other ships in the Fleet - despite being faster than all of them - it also massively struggles when attempting any sort of pitch / dive manoeuvre. I.e. It might start pitching up to get a bead on an enemy, but then it'll continue pitching up eventually going vertical. It's almost like the dampening for Pitch / Dive is non-existent, so it really struggles to get on-vector, so never speeds up. Note: flying it manually shows that Pitch is REALLY sluggish to respond, both starting and stopping, I suspect it might be too much for the AI to handle.

FYI: I'm using the VRO version of this ship with:

TEL L All-round Engine Mk1
L All-Round Thrusters Mk1

I have other Capital Class ships using the same Engines and Thrusters and their behaviour is fine. The Captain on this ship is just shy of two stars (1 and 2/3rd to be exact) which is higher than some other Capital Ship Captains, yet just this Arrakis is exhibiting this very odd behaviour.

Edit: note, I'm currently watching the Arrakis attempt to orient on a stationary Xenon I. I can see it pitching up slowly as it tried to line up, but then it goes too far then slowly attempts to adjust back. It then overshoots again and the whole process repeats. The ship's Engines are not engaged, so it's not moving towards the target. Those four front Guns looks great, but it's been totally unable to use them thus far. I get it's a big ship and should feel a bit sluggish perhaps, but it appears largely unable to function under AI control currently.

Edit 2: I popped some "All-Round Thrusters Mk2" on it and, despite only being about 10% better, the ship does behave more reliably now. Still a bit sluggish, but it's not doing that weird over-pitch behaviour as much.

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:43

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 17:06
Thanks! I will have a look at it. I cant really believe that its the ship and not just the game engine in combination with some bad RNG and a bad pilot, but if I am wrong I will try to find a way to fix it.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 22:23

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 31. Mar 21, 20:43
Thanks! I will have a look at it. I cant really believe that its the ship and not just the game engine in combination with some bad RNG and a bad pilot, but if I am wrong I will try to find a way to fix it.
It is odd for a thruster upgrade to appear make such a marked difference, but the ship is working now, where it really wasn't before. Not sure whether to hope you find something to fix or not lol. My bet is that it's some vanilla quirk of RNG, as you suggest.

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 1. Apr 21, 19:03

Just encountered my first Braveheart Destroyer, once again, very nice! It will be mine shortly... Didn't notice any issues with oddly behaving repair drones with this one.

Scoob.

darkelf1

Post by darkelf1 » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 04:54

great mod man................. :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 23:44

Hi,

I noticed that, when using the VRO patched version of this mod, the Split Elephant does not have the built-in shield by default. As a result of this, captured versions of this ship must be sent to a Shipyard or Equipment dock to have this shield added, before they can be repaired at a player Support Ship. If you try to order it to repair, you'll get the "Currently edited ship is missing mandatory upgrades" message.

Not a huge issue, though in VRO this makes these ships particularly weak, as they lack the shield regen the built-in shield generator offers.

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 00:35

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 3. Apr 21, 23:44
Hi,

I noticed that, when using the VRO patched version of this mod, the Split Elephant does not have the built-in shield by default. As a result of this, captured versions of this ship must be sent to a Shipyard or Equipment dock to have this shield added, before they can be repaired at a player Support Ship. If you try to order it to repair, you'll get the "Currently edited ship is missing mandatory upgrades" message.

Not a huge issue, though in VRO this makes these ships particularly weak, as they lack the shield regen the built-in shield generator offers.

Scoob.
Hi,

this has nothing to do with this mod and you should inform Shuulo about it. I havent touched that ship and it is not part of this mod to fix it. I think he forgot to add the internal shield to the Elephant and will fix it if you let him know.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 4. Apr 21, 00:45

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 4. Apr 21, 00:35
Hi,

this has nothing to do with this mod and you should inform Shuulo about it. I havent touched that ship and it is not part of this mod to fix it. I think he forgot to add the internal shield to the Elephant and will fix it if you let him know.
Ah, of course, sorry I wasn't thinking it's a Vanilla ship lol. Sorry about that, I'll post in the VRO thread now. Scoob.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 09:50

Braveheart wreck cause some sort of huge "shadow" hundreds of km in range.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 11:30

ScandyNav wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 09:50
Braveheart wreck cause some sort of huge "shadow" hundreds of km in range.
Thx. Will be fixed in the next verison.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 15:37

• Added japanese language file (thanks to Arkblade for delivering the translation file)
  • Added chinese language file (thanks to 某不珂学的超维内托 for delivering the translation file)
  • Fixed no ship selection voice for Klendathu and Terror
  • Added highpower large turret tags to Dreadnought
  • Increased Rahanas (Gas) S ship storage to 8 (from 4)
  • Fixed capital ship license as requirement for Klendathu
  • Fixed wreckage size of Braveheart
  • Fixed Klendathu had no S dock

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 19:10

Hi,

I have searched this thread but couldn't find any reference on the animated wing/pods of the Arawn.
In X:Rebirth, this ship would extend its wings/pods when entering a fight.

I am not sure if this is doable in this mod.

Any help appreciated :)

Thank you.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 08:37

gorman2040 wrote:
Thu, 8. Apr 21, 19:10
Hi,

I have searched this thread but couldn't find any reference on the animated wing/pods of the Arawn.
In X:Rebirth, this ship would extend its wings/pods when entering a fight.

I am not sure if this is doable in this mod.

Any help appreciated :)

Thank you.
Sorry, but I can not help you with this, else I would have let the Arawn use the animation already, which is not the case :D. But I am sure it is possible.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 9. Apr 21, 19:20

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 9. Apr 21, 08:37
Sorry, but I can not help you with this, else I would have let the Arawn use the animation already, which is not the case :D. But I am sure it is possible.
No worries, thanks for clarifying !
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 22:33

Hi,

Further to my earlier comments on the Arrakis Destroyer...

I captured another one, this time I retained the All-Round Thrusters Mk2 it came with, hoping it'd behave better. However, it too is broken. When set as a subordinate to another Destroyer, it got stuck. Basically, when the lead Destroyer headed off, the Arrakis moved to try to follow but just pitched up and could not recover from this. It has literally been stuck, unmoving facing straight up and unable to correct its vector to follow the leader.

However, what fixed it - though it's still not great - was to promote the Captain. The default Captain was zero Stars, and giving him a Seminar (I only have the basic ones) raised him to one Star Piloting (2/3rds of a Star overall) the very second his Pilot skill was raised, the ship was able to manoeuvre.

There's some correlation here between the ship not being very manoeuvrable, the lack of dampening when pitching, and, I assume, some responsiveness factor the low-level Captain gave.

No other ships I've used have behaved like this with a very low-level Captain, but the Arrakis is near broken when one is aboard. Sure, perhaps this ship "needs a decent Captain to be able to handle it" as a Lore reason. I notice that my original Arrakis' Captain is now two and 1/3rd Stars in Piloting, and the ship is better for it, though it'll still often lag behind other ships, even those with worse Captains.

In summary, whatever weakness their is in the Arrakis' manoeuvring stats - particularly Pitch - is HEAVILY exaggerated if a low-level Captain is assigned. This technically isn't the ships fault, but if it had a bit better Pitch with basic Mk1 Thrusters I expect it would be less of an issue.

Note: I generally throw rookie Captains into my Destroyers, hoping Combat will see them at Two Stars fairly quickly.

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 23:08

Thx for the Info. I will have a look on it and will see if I can reproduce it and then hopefully fix it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 02:08

Max Bain wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 23:08
Thx for the Info. I will have a look on it and will see if I can reproduce it and then hopefully fix it.
Cheers, it's a weird one for sure.

On an unrelated note, I use the VRO version of your mod and have a problem I'm trying to get to the bottom of. I'll ask on the VRO thread too, as I've really not got a clue what might be going on here.

I have several Hokkaido L-Class Mineral Miners. They work ok OSS, albeit rather slow even with two Star Captains. However, if I teleport aboard as a passenger / am close by, they break. They do not deploy Ore Collectors after blowing up and asteroid, but just sit there for ages, despite viable chunks being present. If however, I take the captains place, Ore Collectors launch instantly and the ship behaves exactly how you'd expect. My Magentar miners appear to work fine IS, and collect noticeably faster OOS - despite both having 17 Ore Collectors.

I just can't figure why the Hokkaido works so poorly for me in my game, when others playing a vanilla game report them as working just fine. Any ideas?

Scoob.

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:56

So on the Rahanis. It bothered me that it's bridge tower module was not there, So rather then complain I decided to try and use what little I have learned and "fix" it for myself. Well I just planed to use the same one you already had in for the Balor, But fell down a modding rabbit hole and unpacked my X:R to get the right L bridge in and working. I did it, Though I had problems with the shaders on the details bits (like antennas) glitching out and didn't know how to fix it, So I just removed them and "hacked" the animated radar from the XL bridge on to it. (it also took an embarrassing amount of time to remember the index files where a thing :oops: )

Ok so long story short I offer up what I did to the greater mod, I only placed it on the container Rahanis and it may benefit from tweaking by someone that actually knows what they're doing :P , but it should be easy-ish to add it to any other ship. I did make sure it cleared the XS dock and also move the bridge view point to match the tower with no clipping

Screenshots:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12O3dWC ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C5AmMN ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rnnhWw ... sp=sharing

Files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fyAfMB ... sp=sharing

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 12:44

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 22:33
Arakis problem
I think you are right that it has too low turn speeds for a destroyer (it has just 3°/s where others have 4.4°/s). I will improve this for the next version, so hopefully this will fix your problem with that ship.
Edit: I also found the real problem: its inertia is set to 2000 while other shave about 200. Guess thats a "0" too much :D
LucianDragos wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 03:56
Bridge
Didnt know that it has a separate bridge. I will have alook at it and if it looks better, I might add it in the next version. Thank you!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”