[MOD] Outcast and Pirate Life - 2 pirate gamestarts

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iforgotmysocks
x4

[MOD] Outcast and Pirate Life - 2 pirate gamestarts

Post by iforgotmysocks » Mon, 9. Dec 19, 20:22

Created with the 3.0 beta, it's possible that some cloaking aspects may not work for 2.6 (no harm in trying)
Requires a new gamestart (dah! ^^) and can't be removed from savegames based on that start just yet!

New in v0.3.2: Updated the badger model used in the outcast gamestart for beta 5 changes, check out all changes in the changelog on nexus.

Me being me, i got tired real fast of replaying the hq plot and craving some pirate context i had to do it eventually, despite never wanting to create a 'game start'.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/377

Outcast:

After 10 years of struggle you finally made it and were able to etablish your own two pirate stations in Silent Witness, but times changed, argons expanded quickly and few ownerless sectors are left. Life as a pirate has become harder and you lost almost all of your ships. Your trusted, modified and beloved Badger Astral is still with you, aswell as a few smuggler ships that can help you bring ur pirate status back to it's old glory.

Start with a Pirate base you can supply and some basic blueprints to get you started
Start with ur own spaceweed farm
Start with a badger astral (a combat modified pirate hauler) (Compatible with VRO)
Research complete and Modifications unlocked
 -> I hated to replay the plot, with this option you have all the options and can still play it - if you want to
SCA relations unlocked
 -> player can gain relations doing missions or killing enemies, and lose them aswell ofc
  -> SCA won't harass your ships to drop goods anymore
Duo to the location and purpose of supplying your own (to begin with) very little pirate wharf/yard, the pirate feelz are strong.

Pirate Life:

There you are, 2 ships, a hauler full of spaceweed, a few good modifications you can apply and a galaxy with endless possibilities.

SCA relations unlocked
-> player can gain relations doing missions or killing enemies, and lose them aswell ofc
SCA Shipyard and Wharf in System
 -> improve relations to buy better things
-> SCA equipment is unchanged as i found it fitting to have less options as a pirate
Research complete and Modifications unlocked
 -> I hated to replay the plot, with this option you have all the options and can still play it - if you want to
SCA being nicer when relations are good
 -> SCA won't harass your ships to drop goods anymore
 -> (but!) SCA ships under cover will still dislike you depending on faction relations
Player can use SCA's Transponder Cloaking Devices (TCDs)
 -> (Ya i think that name is made up, but it sounds nice)
 -> TCDs are one use items that allow the player to cloak his controlled ship and his subordinates as the faction belonging to the current system
 -> The cloak presists until cloaked ships attack the enemy faction, are attacked by said faction, are being scanned or when the player leaves the ship
 -> Subordinates of the playership are automatically being cloaked, but more TCDs are needed to activate cloak (1 per ship)
 -> TCDs can be purchased at pirate stations or black market traders (u'll get one for free)
 -> TCDs are activated by dropping the required amount from the ship inventory into space (item or lockbox doesn't matter)
-> if too many were dropped, the remaining number can be picked up again

Note to research:
Modification research is not completed as it's not needed to unlock the modifications and the player still needs something to research to complete the hq plot mission if he desires.

Note to gamestart/mod features:
The above listed features should only appear when a game was started using the chosen start. TCDs will appear in the traders menu, but won't have any effect using other gamestarts than 'Pirate Life'.

Please leave me some feedback and let me know if any bugs may occure. :)

Installation:
Download the file, extract the outcast/piratelife folder and move it to your extensions folder.
In case you don't have one yet, simply create it at the base directory of X4, so for a steam user it would be: Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions

Deinstallation:
Just remove the folder but beware savegames based on the gamestart will not work anymore!
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Thu, 23. Jan 20, 23:21, edited 5 times in total.

Salaco

Re: [MOD] Pirate Life - Gamestart with some features

Post by Salaco » Thu, 12. Dec 19, 14:09

Love it! Thanks.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: [MOD] Outcast and Pirate Life - 2 pirate gamestarts

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 4. Jan 20, 12:16

And added the Outcast gamestart.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 23:21

New in v0.3.2: Updated the badger model used in the outcast gamestart for beta 5 changes, check out all changes in the changelog on nexus.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 31. Jul 20, 21:07

Hi,

I'm looking at doing a fresh start and want to be a Pirate. Your two starts look great and I love that the PHQ stuff is sorted. However, my personal preference starting assets wise would be just a basic ship such as a Kestrel. How easy would it be to modified one or the starts to do this? Bear in mind I've not modded for X4 at all and did very little in Rebirth.

I will try your starts of course, but I guess I wanted to start with less as I particularly like the very early-game where I have next to nothing.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 04:03

Hi again,

A little feedback... I'm trying the start where you have a shipyard etc. and am loving it. However, the Friend Foe mines - which are player-owned of course - are a little too effective. I'm attempting to pirate and capture ships and sometimes they wander into the minefield. When they do, mine give chase but rarely catch the target. Until that is it bails, then the Mine home in on the now neutral target. This looks like a vanilla issue, though I've NEVER had FF mines deployed by me work before lol.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”