[MOD] Recycle Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] Recycle Ships and Stations

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 29. Apr 20, 05:44

Russian text

But this is not the whole text of the mod ... :gruebel:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<language>
    <page id="855925" title="Sapphire line" descr="Text of the Sapphire ship line" voice="no">
      <t id="1">Модуль утилизации</t>
      <t id="2">Дает возможность станциям утилизировать корабли без использования модулей судостроения.</t>
      <t id="3">Модуль утилизации</t>
    </page>
</language>

<text language="7" name="Recycle Ships And Stations" description="Игрок может разбирать свои корабли, утилизировать или продавать свои станции другим фракциям." author="iforgotmysocks" />

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 3. May 20, 15:19

alexalsp wrote:
Wed, 29. Apr 20, 05:44
But this is not the whole text of the mod ... :gruebel:
Thanks alex, and yes, that's only the module, but i thought i had to start somewhere. Rest will follow eventually.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 28. May 20, 22:29

And version 0.5 is out:
- added temporary fix for thrusters not being detected, now a random thruster fitting the ship class is chosen, will be updated once i'm able to find the actuall thruster of the ship
- added localization support (thanks to LeLeon)
- added russian localization (thanks to alexalsp)
- added german localization (thanks to LeLeon)
- fixed a cause of ships sometimes not being displayed in the disassembly overview
- fixed the npc command to disassemble ships not checking against the dock limit for the regarded ship size
- fixed researched components remaining listed in the blueprint overview under certain circumstances
- fixed stations not being sellable to court or trinity once they appear

Rikimarius
x4

Post by Rikimarius » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 11:48

Hi, nice mod but is it possible to NOT set sell orders when the the deconstruction is finished? In early game when i want to just hoard materials i always need to remove the sell orders after every recycle.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 12:38

Rikimarius wrote:
Sat, 6. Jun 20, 11:48
Hi, nice mod but is it possible to NOT set sell orders when the the deconstruction is finished? In early game when i want to just hoard materials i always need to remove the sell orders after every recycle.
Good point. I'll remove the automated orders or make them configurable. Thanks!

Rikimarius
x4

Post by Rikimarius » Sat, 6. Jun 20, 14:10

Thx, configurable would be nice. That can help to get research going.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 7. Jun 20, 15:51

Rikimarius wrote:
Sat, 6. Jun 20, 14:10
Thx, configurable would be nice.
U got it, version 0.5.2 is out.

- added french localization (thank you, darkvador83)
- changed the creation of automatic sell orders for stations with the recycle module installed to be disabled by default (this can be enabled in the new mod configuration file)
- added a mod configuration file where stats like recycle proficiency, duration, recycle module blueprint availability and the above mentioned automatic sell offer can be configured

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 12:49

Hi,

I use Support Ships and one of the vanilla omissions that surprised me is how no resources are gained when removing ship items in the equip screen. Sure, I can use ware transfer to store things like deployables from a docked ship, but that's not what's missing here. Basically, I capture a lot of ships and I'd LOVE to be able to remove any deployables, weapons, shields etc. and gain the resources for these parts. Is this something possible / in-scope with this mod?

I did wonder if it might do it already as a Support Ship is basically an cut-down equipment dock in effect, but I wanted to double-check first.

Basically, the gameplay loop I'm looking for is this:

1) Capture ship
2) Dock ship at support ship and repair it
3) Remove any items such as Missiles, mines and deployables, gaining resources for the Support Ship.
4) Remove any shields and weapons, gaining resource for the support ship.
5) Re-equip or sell ship.

I see that by adding the new module I can have a station do this quite effectively, which is great, however I thought this would fit the Support Ship role perfectly and allow for greater utility of this ship class. I do often role-play as a bit of a nomad (no Support Ship pun intended) capturing and salvaging, only settling down with a station once I'm fairly well established fleet-wise, so this would fit me perfectly.

Note: I get that just selling an intact ship yields more cash than the sum of its parts, but that's not really the point. It's about a degree of self-reliance based on what I can scavenge and use, rather than buy.

No worries if this isn't in your plan for the mod, but no harm in asking I hope.

Cheers,

Scoob.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 16:32

How does this mod work with game versions 4.1 - 4.2?

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 17:20

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 23. Nov 21, 16:32
How does this mod work with game versions 4.1 - 4.2?
Works for me, I've sold plenty of stations, and recycled one or two, or do you mean 4.2beta?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 23. Nov 21, 17:34

Yes 4.10 - 4.20 beta

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Mon, 17. Jan 22, 02:45

Hi, been using your mod and found a sort of edge case with other possible mods that makes things work sub-optimally with recycling ships.

In short, there seems to be a problem with ships and equipment that have more then one build method, were the script will only pick the first one it sees.
It dawned on me just before posting that nothing in Vanilla has this, but it's possible to, for example, have Terran and Commonwealth build methods on one ship ware entry or etc.

Found this using a private modded version of the Ossain Raider, that I added Terran build methods to some ships seeing as the story mention them being made or used by Terrans.
After a battleship I captured only gave me energy cells, I assumed the script picked the first build method for what wares to return, and seeing as my Terran SY doesn't use Hull Parts it only gave energy cells.

Not really a critical issue. Seeing as nothing in Vanilla seems to use the build method system, besides medical and food supplies, I was kinda hesitant to report this.
But I figured just in case if some ship in the future uses more then two build methods to mention this.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Thu, 14. Jul 22, 08:03

SWI Fractions - 0.65

https://discord.gg/6zjzcrjcVB
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

<set_value name="$options.$factionsToSupport" exact="[ @faction.galempire, @faction.ascendancy, @faction.newrepublic, @faction.rebelalliance, @faction.corporate, @faction.commerceguild, @faction.huttcartel, @faction.mandodw, @faction.anoat, @faction.sith, @faction.huttpirates, @faction.mandoraiders, @faction.valarian, @faction.blacksun, @faction.naboo, @faction.hapes, @faction.kamino, @faction.kuat, @faction.corellia, @faction.sienar, @faction.hoersh, @faction.rendili, @faction.transgalmeg, @faction.incom, @faction.moncal, @faction.twinsuns, @faction.baobab, @faction.tradefederation, @faction.tagge, @faction.bankingclan, @faction.bountyhunters, @faction.indibhg, @faction.miningguild, @faction.dummypirate]" /> 

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”