[WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.1

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 18:11

TheMandalorian wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 16:45
Awesome mod which I tried for some time now.
My concern however is that the economy in X4 with its three tiers is too slow to support fast growing corps of your mod.

The consequence is that claytronics and hull parts are short for a very long time in games with this mod.

I fear that this can only be solved if the economic system of X4 is changed fundamentally, e.g. by deleting tier 3-4 wares from the economy ( so ships are built using refined metals and gases instead of hullparts etc) or increasing production rates and transport speed.

Otherwise, I am looking forward to seeing your mod prosper....and am hoping that it evolves to something like a private sector. ;-)
Hey, well, I have already changed it quite a bit with version 3.1. There should not be a serious issue of lacking claytronics and hull parts like in previous versions. This version should be much better, but it would require a new start. Stations will be built at a much slower pace over a longer period of time. I am testing it out now and it is running fine and that is with my FOCW mod added on. Previously, I had messed something up with the factionlogic_economy script and it was constantly detecting shortages and just building tons of stations. It isn't doing that now, but at the same time I am not sure if it is ever detecting shortages anymore lol. I have my own script which builds stations though so it is fine. I am still testing, but so far the factionlogic_economy script doesn't seem to be upgrading any of the stations (probably because it doesn't detect shortages or I just messed something up). I don't mind so much though, as long as the economy is fine which so far it is in my latest game of almost 6 hours. Testing is such a pain heh

TheMandalorian
x4

Post by TheMandalorian » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 21:35

I understand your point: stations are now being built less frequent to prevent resource shortages.
But doesn’t this make your mod less impactful because power of corporations will change only very slowly, maybe by 2 stations per 10 h ingame time?
Instead, wouldn’t it be just awesome to see Corps rise and then fall maybe within 20 ingame hours?

....Maybe I am just a little confused by what can/cannot be achieved with mods in the frame established by the game‘s economy simulation.

As sidenote I know of a mod which changes the economy to only refined wares (refined metals, gases) and adjusts production times. 6 hours ingame time made Argon attack Teladi home world - was quite impressive to see that happen so quickly.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Jul 20, 22:40

TheMandalorian wrote:
Sat, 25. Jul 20, 21:35
I understand your point: stations are now being built less frequent to prevent resource shortages.
But doesn’t this make your mod less impactful because power of corporations will change only very slowly, maybe by 2 stations per 10 h ingame time?
Instead, wouldn’t it be just awesome to see Corps rise and then fall maybe within 20 ingame hours?

....Maybe I am just a little confused by what can/cannot be achieved with mods in the frame established by the game‘s economy simulation.

As sidenote I know of a mod which changes the economy to only refined wares (refined metals, gases) and adjusts production times. 6 hours ingame time made Argon attack Teladi home world - was quite impressive to see that happen so quickly.
I think your idea and my idea of the timescale of this game are very different heh. I measure the game in days, not in hours. Think about yourself, how many game days does it take to develop a solid foundation? It should take a few days to really develop. Over those days, the corps will grow or fall in power but if you get involved it might happen sooner. Either way, they are still fighting and ordering ships/trading. It wasn’t really meant to be something that happens quickly, plus i have to keep in mind the economy always. The game falls apart too easily if you aren’t careful, unless you are willing to do some significant coding/changes to the game.

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 10:18

Hello again BlackRain, yes I started a new game with version 3.1 so I do have the latest version, and here is my mod list: https://imgur.com/a/rKDkzBv

I hope it makes some sense to you.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 14:46

DeathBreath wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 10:18
Hello again BlackRain, yes I started a new game with version 3.1 so I do have the latest version, and here is my mod list: https://imgur.com/a/rKDkzBv

There is one strange thing I noticed. In your list, my mod is just called Corporations. However, it should be named FOCW Corporations. Try deleting the entire folder and re-downloading the mod. It seems you might have had the original version of COrporations and then downloded newer versions without deleting the old folders? Not sure. This would require a new game start if true though.

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 17:06

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 14:46
DeathBreath wrote:

There is one strange thing I noticed. In your list, my mod is just called Corporations. However, it should be named FOCW Corporations. Try deleting the entire folder and re-downloading the mod. It seems you might have had the original version of COrporations and then downloded newer versions without deleting the old folders? Not sure. This would require a new game start if true though.
Ohh sorry for not saying this BlackRain, I keep my content file from a couple of versions ago, because I use Windows 7 and I have to use the " <text language" lines, so that my game starts when I launch it and not give blackscreen, but I replace the files in the Corporations folder every time you update your mod.

Still, I updated the content file with you latest content data just to see If it would change anything... it did not so it's not that. Is this the only strange thing you saw in that modlist?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 17:21

DeathBreath wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 17:06
BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 14:46
DeathBreath wrote:

Ohh sorry for not saying this BlackRain, I keep my content file from a couple of versions ago, because I use Windows 7 and I have to use the " <text language" lines, so that my game starts when I launch it and not give blackscreen, but I replace the files in the Corporations folder every time you update your mod.

Still, I updated the content file with you latest content data just to see If it would change anything... it did not so it's not that. Is this the only strange thing you saw in that modlist?
Changing the content file was absolutely important because i added a dependency for the split dlc and faction war/enhance mod in order to edit scripts that built stations. So that is definitely the culprit. Why do you say that it isn't the culprit? You would have to start a new game because the stations are already built. Or you could continue with the game but those stations will belong to the government factions. New stations built should be fine tho.

kyrah
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 2.9

Post by kyrah » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 19:29

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 22. Jul 20, 00:30
Just a report, as of the latest version, everything seems to be working well and is pretty solid. The mod also works very well with both VRO and Faction war/enhance mod. Let me know if any problems crop up or just share feedback/observations/stories thanks
Can you recommend using this mods?

I think the neutral sectors should be taken by AI. Its a waste that they are not used.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 2.9

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 19:50

kyrah wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 19:29
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 22. Jul 20, 00:30
Just a report, as of the latest version, everything seems to be working well and is pretty solid. The mod also works very well with both VRO and Faction war/enhance mod. Let me know if any problems crop up or just share feedback/observations/stories thanks
Can you recommend using this mods?

I think the neutral sectors should be taken by AI. Its a waste that they are not used.
Recommend using VRO and Faction enhance? Should be fine as long as u dont use the econ ai part of faction enhance. So far it is running fine for me.

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 21:07

May i ask, which mods do you use?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 21:13

kyrah wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 21:07
May i ask, which mods do you use?
I don't use too many mods. Right now I am doing a playthrough with Faction enhancer war module, faction enhancer catchup module and faction enhancer econ balance module, sector explorer, getting paid, FOCW, FOCW corporations, create trade fleet, Kuertee NPC reactions, Kuertee station scanner, Kuertee signal leak hunter, no super highways, paint jobs for sale, my other mod human employee variety and rare mod parts for sale. That is all.

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 21:15

Ohh i see now what happened BlackRain.
In the content.xml file in the dropbox link that you give here the contents in it are as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<content id="Corp" name="Immersive Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that own all trade ships and production stations. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" version="3.0" date="2020-27-06" save="0" enabled="1">
<text language="44" name="Immersive Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that own all trade ships and production stations. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" />

</content>

But in nexusmods link the contents are like this:

<content id="Corp" name="FOCW Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that build ships and stations and trade. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" version="310" date="2020-24-07" save="0" enabled="1">
<text language="44" name="FOCW Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that build ships and stations and trade. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" />
<dependency id="ego_dlc_split" optional="true" version="100" />
<dependency id="faction_fix_pack" optional="true" version="100" />
</content>

Long story short the mod version in the dropbox is 3.0, and the one on the nexus is 3.1, so stupid of me not to see that.

Soo yeaah maybe this is the problem, i just saw that so now i will test the files in the nexusmods link including its content.xml file.

Can you check that you have the same mishap with both links?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 27. Jul 20, 00:07

DeathBreath wrote:
Sun, 26. Jul 20, 21:15
Ohh i see now what happened BlackRain.
In the content.xml file in the dropbox link that you give here the contents in it are as follows:

<content id="Corp" name="Immersive Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that own all trade ships and production stations. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" version="3.0" date="2020-27-06" save="0" enabled="1">
<text language="44" name="Immersive Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that own all trade ships and production stations. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" />

</content>

But in nexusmods link the contents are like this:

<content id="Corp" name="FOCW Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that build ships and stations and trade. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" version="310" date="2020-24-07" save="0" enabled="1">
<text language="44" name="FOCW Corporations" description="Adds Corporations that build ships and stations and trade. Corporations will fight their enemies, and you. Take on Corporate missions, help a corporation dominate a market, or dominate a market yourself!" author="BlackRain" />
<dependency id="ego_dlc_split" optional="true" version="100" />
<dependency id="faction_fix_pack" optional="true" version="100" />
</content>

Long story short the mod version in the dropbox is 3.0, and the one on the nexus is 3.1, so stupid of me not to see that.

Soo yeaah maybe this is the problem, i just saw that so now i will test the files in the nexusmods link including its content.xml file.

Can you check that you have the same mishap with both links?
That is the OLD mod. Immersive Corporations version 3.0 is not the same as FOCW Corporations 3.0. Completely different. The dropbox link should be the link to the same version as is on the Nexus, which is FOCW Corporations version 3.1.

Waterpls
xr

Post by Waterpls » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 01:55

I have read the first post two times. I still do not understand what this mod for. What is the difference between your corporations and base game factions (HOP, ANT, etc)? Is it compatible with story missions / plots? What about performance / PC load compared to vanilla?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 03:11

Waterpls wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 01:55
I have read the first post two times. I still do not understand what this mod for. What is the difference between your corporations and base game factions (HOP, ANT, etc)? Is it compatible with story missions / plots? What about performance / PC load compared to vanilla?
I should put a better explanation i guess. This mod adds Corporations to the game. The main factions are still in the game, but now most economic activities are handled by the corporations. All factories and most trade/mining ships are owned by the corporations. These corporations have their own mercenary fleets (will order more, etc.) and they will fight each other or you the player. You can trade with them, fight them, help them grow and prosper, etc. up to you. The more stations a corporation has, the stronger it will be (more mercenary and trade ships). Or you can try to destroy them or try to corner a market, etc. Performance is entirely dependent on your pc. I run quite a bit of intensive mods and it runs fine for me, but no guarantee how it will run for you. Depends on what mods you are using. If you are not using any intensive mods, there should be little impact on pc. It adds more ships and stations.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Fri, 7. Aug 20, 12:05

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 03:11
Waterpls wrote:
I should put a better explanation i guess. This mod adds Corporations to the game. The main factions are still in the game, but now most economic activities are handled by the corporations. All factories and most trade/mining ships are owned by the corporations. These corporations have their own mercenary fleets (will order more, etc.) and they will fight each other or you the player. You can trade with them, fight them, help them grow and prosper, etc. up to you. The more stations a corporation has, the stronger it will be (more mercenary and trade ships). Or you can try to destroy them or try to corner a market, etc. Performance is entirely dependent on your pc. I run quite a bit of intensive mods and it runs fine for me, but no guarantee how it will run for you. Depends on what mods you are using. If you are not using any intensive mods, there should be little impact on pc. It adds more ships and stations.
You say that Corporations should own most of the stations? Huh. In my game they are still mostly under control of normal factions. Can it be due to a mod conflict? DeadAir Gates mod, perhaps, as it changes the universe generation?

Edit: Yes, that is indeed the case. This mod is not compatible with Gate Overhaul. And other mods that affect universe generation, I presume.

rawardy
x3ap

Post by rawardy » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 13:08

AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 7. Aug 20, 12:05
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 03:11
Waterpls wrote:
You say that Corporations should own most of the stations? Huh. In my game they are still mostly under control of normal factions. Can it be due to a mod conflict? DeadAir Gates mod, perhaps, as it changes the universe generation?

Edit: Yes, that is indeed the case. This mod is not compatible with Gate Overhaul. And other mods that affect universe generation, I presume.
I noticed this too on my game, came here and saw this post. On a hunch, I added the following lines to the content.xml, started a new game and the corp owned stations have spawned in. DA Gate and ROR appear to be working...

<dependency id="ws_2082610651" optional="true" name="DeadAir Gate Overhaul"/>
<dependency id="ws_1705279348" optional="true" name="Rise of the Ossian Raider"/>
<dependency id="DeadAirGateOverhaulVROPatch" optional="true" version="100" />
<dependency id="deadairgateoverhaulror" optional="true" version="071" />

Seems you have to force this mod to be an (optional) dependency of Uni Gen mods, so it loads last. (At least I think that's how it works..)

Note that I have not tested this properly. I hope the mod works as intended now the corp ships and stations can load in properly on a new game. I'lll start a new game and report back.

Edit: Yes it seems that you have to make any mod that changes universe generation a dependency in this mod's config file to get Corp owned stations to spawn. Using ROR and DAGate before adding the above lines stopped any corp owned stations existing in my game. Maybe not all of these mods need to be added from my particular mod setup, (maybe it's just DAGate conflicting for example), but I don't think it hurts to add them all.

After a few hours game time it appears all economic stations and most eco and some military ships are corp controlled and new stations are being built. I should add that I have never run this mod without these other mods so I am not a good authority on whether the mod is fully functioning as intended.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 18:08

FOCW Corporations Version 3.2

1) I made balance changes to the amount of ships which will be constructed by the Corporations
2) I made balance changes to the amount of stations which will be constructed by the Corporations

Some tips:

1) Plan for the long game. If you are starting a new game or had started a new game with corporations active, you need to consider that there may be shortages in the future of all goods related to station and ship construction. So, make sure to plan ahead for this. Make sure to aid in getting corporation stations build (especially ones related to station and ship construction). Also, make sure to start the foundation early for building your own stations that will be able to supply factory and ship construction.

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.2

Post by Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 21:44

@BlackRain

I know this is probably a question that is hard to answer, but do you foresee changes to your mod that would require a restart in the next few months? I'm planning a new game and I'd really like to use your mod(s), but I don't want to restart once I've begun a new game. Especially if this mod is slower/longer (which I really like).
Iucundi acti labores

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.2

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 16. Aug 20, 23:07

Gen.d.Pz.Tr.Seb wrote:
Sun, 16. Aug 20, 21:44
@BlackRain

I know this is probably a question that is hard to answer, but do you foresee changes to your mod that would require a restart in the next few months? I'm planning a new game and I'd really like to use your mod(s), but I don't want to restart once I've begun a new game. Especially if this mod is slower/longer (which I really like).
I will not be updating for the foreseeable future unless there is a major issue. I don’t think there will be and the mod can be mostly considered complete.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”