[WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD]Immersive Corporations

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 21. Feb 20, 21:13

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 21. Feb 20, 18:54
Version 1.6 Immersive Corporations

1) I changed everything I could see to make the mod as compatible as possible with other mods. Let me know if there is anything else, thanks.
Seems its time for me to test it :)

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 21. Feb 20, 21:15

Would Shipwright corporations be a wild idea? If it's doable, this mod could flawlessly integrate the ported XR and other upcoming ships as race independent sellers.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 21. Feb 20, 21:55

repatomonor wrote:
Fri, 21. Feb 20, 21:15
Would Shipwright corporations be a wild idea? If it's doable, this mod could flawlessly integrate the ported XR and other upcoming ships as race independent sellers.
It should not be a problem to add in an independent shipwright corporation.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Feb 20, 02:57

Version 1.7 Immersive Corporations

I made a dumb mistake and accidentally had deleted all of the Antigone corporations from the god.xml which means that if you started a new game with version 1.6, there won't be any of the antigone corporations and the stations will spawn as antigone. I fixed it but if you started a new game with 1.6 and want to see the antigone corporations then you need to restart a new game. Sorry!

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 22. Feb 20, 06:09

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 20. Feb 20, 14:57
The ships should definitely attack you if you are enemy. They did to me. This uses the vanilla scripts so there shouldn’t be an issue. What sector were you in? As for qualified staff, i lowered the numbers from 3 to 9 which means 1 to 3 stars. I can change it to 3 to 12 which is 1 to 4 stars. Some people don’t like to automatically get the best pilots and such. Or maybe 3 to 15 which means possibility of getting 1 to 5 stars.
This has opened up a whole new aspect of the game, instead of standing in a shipbuilders office throwing dice to see if a six appears I now have a bus (Minotaur) in which to travel from shipyard to shipyard looking for staff, the whole process takes longer but is far more involving/enjoyable than dice throwing in an office.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Feb 20, 16:12

Egosoft added in some new code for generating factories so I am trying to figure out where exactly and how to make sure they end up with the right factions, so annoying heh.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 22. Feb 20, 18:57

Regarding wallets for corporations, I know perhaps you do not want to try to add it right now, but it may be interesting to track profitability of each corporation over time. Do they experience a net increase or decrease in credits over time? If on the whole corporations are profitable, it may be worthwhile giving them a non-cheaty wallet.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 22. Feb 20, 19:20

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 22. Feb 20, 18:57
Regarding wallets for corporations, I know perhaps you do not want to try to add it right now, but it may be interesting to track profitability of each corporation over time. Do they experience a net increase or decrease in credits over time? If on the whole corporations are profitable, it may be worthwhile giving them a non-cheaty wallet.
Well, currently, I just have each industry be a different corporation. That wouldn't work well if they were earning money because some industries would clearly drastically earn more than others, etc. It would have to be more of a level playing field, but also it probably wouldn't be good to do it for too many. Also, each corporation would have to be coded in with their own type of faction logic. It would be a lot of work. I know pref was interested in trying it out.

This mod is more for immersion than anything else, but it has practical gameplay changes also which make the experience overall better I think.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 23. Feb 20, 15:24

Immersive Corporations 1.8 - Doesn't require a new start if you already were using the mod - There may be some economic stations which are owned by the governments if you were using 3.0 b6 already for a while. There shouldn't be any new ones though after activating this.

1) Fixed some minor stuff
2) Removed some vanilla code from factiongoal_hold_space because it was generating stations. This is a dirty way to make it work, those stations won't be created. This is temporary until I find a better way to manage it.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 23. Feb 20, 19:56

Still having problems in Teladi space, No matter how many battles i take part in fighting off the Xenon I get no increase in Rep, stays at zero,,, checked for example with Antigone and the rep increases... but I will admit I have messed around with some mods so have started again with a totally cleansed game.
Liked the Tax is Theft ship,, for your info I was on Pirate Station when I think Scale Plates Inc decided to attack the station with Destroyer and support ships, unluckily a trader of mine decided to land and was blasted away,, why we need Xenon I do not know..... Good mod.. :)...well better than good.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 23. Feb 20, 20:14

birdtable wrote:
Sun, 23. Feb 20, 19:56
Still having problems in Teladi space, No matter how many battles i take part in fighting off the Xenon I get no increase in Rep, stays at zero,,, checked for example with Antigone and the rep increases... but I will admit I have messed around with some mods so have started again with a totally cleansed game.
Liked the Tax is Theft ship,, for your info I was on Pirate Station when I think Scale Plates Inc decided to attack the station with Destroyer and support ships, unluckily a trader of mine decided to land and was blasted away,, why we need Xenon I do not know..... Good mod.. :)...well better than good.
It shouldn't be any different from vanilla behavior. Do you gain rep with teladi when killing xenon in vanilla? Should act exactly the same. You can still do missions for them or trade with them to increase rep.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 23. Feb 20, 20:19

Will let you know how things develop with this new game, last time i played vanilla was 9 months ago when I took a break from the game,, 3.0 brought me back.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 17:50

Sorted the Teladi no rep gain, it appears that when you gain rep for deeds it goes to the nearest station not the Sector owner,, A "Teladi" station has to be the nearest one..... Still cannot own stolen blueprints and with no HQ I have to buy blueprints... Time to look for research mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 18:06

birdtable wrote:
Mon, 24. Feb 20, 17:50
Sorted the Teladi no rep gain, it appears that when you gain rep for deeds it goes to the nearest station not the Sector owner,, A "Teladi" station has to be the nearest one..... Still cannot own stolen blueprints and with no HQ I have to buy blueprints... Time to look for research mod.
You should be able to get blueprints. Do you have the player HQ and did the research for being able to steal blueprints?

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 18:27

No HQ, I do not want where it is located (to limiting) nor do i want to repeat process of obtaining HQ unless it goes where I want,, always do the Paranid start so why would I want my HQ in Teladi space......

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 19:43

birdtable wrote:
Mon, 24. Feb 20, 18:27
No HQ, I do not want where it is located (to limiting) nor do i want to repeat process of obtaining HQ unless it goes where I want,, always do the Paranid start so why would I want my HQ in Teladi space......
That may or may not have something to do with it, I need to look into it. I don't really steal blueprints much.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 20:47

You miss a lot by not stealing, last time I saw an Osprey take off side ways and wobbling and then dive down out of sight to defend a station under attack...Think the pilot had just been dragged from the bar... Time before that I was floating just above the station surface bomb launcher in hand and a bomb glowing beneath when the police turned up wanting to scan me....Or you can walk to an office listen to someone drone on and spend a bit of cash... I know which I would choose...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 26. Feb 20, 02:51

Immersive Corporations 1.9

1) Fixed some minor mistakes I made

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 17:52

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 26. Feb 20, 02:51

hi will your mod stop the players shipyard build ship restrictions from working ??

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 19:59

rosssack wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 17:52
BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 26. Feb 20, 02:51

hi will your mod stop the players shipyard build ship restrictions from working ??
Err, I don't see why it would? I guess the corporations might order ships from you? I never actually tested it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”