[WIP/MOD]FOCW Corporations! Version 3.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD]Immersive Corporations

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 19:43

birdtable wrote:
Mon, 24. Feb 20, 18:27
No HQ, I do not want where it is located (to limiting) nor do i want to repeat process of obtaining HQ unless it goes where I want,, always do the Paranid start so why would I want my HQ in Teladi space......
That may or may not have something to do with it, I need to look into it. I don't really steal blueprints much.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 24. Feb 20, 20:47

You miss a lot by not stealing, last time I saw an Osprey take off side ways and wobbling and then dive down out of sight to defend a station under attack...Think the pilot had just been dragged from the bar... Time before that I was floating just above the station surface bomb launcher in hand and a bomb glowing beneath when the police turned up wanting to scan me....Or you can walk to an office listen to someone drone on and spend a bit of cash... I know which I would choose...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 26. Feb 20, 02:51

Immersive Corporations 1.9

1) Fixed some minor mistakes I made

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 17:52

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 26. Feb 20, 02:51

hi will your mod stop the players shipyard build ship restrictions from working ??

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 19:59

rosssack wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 17:52
BlackRain wrote:

hi will your mod stop the players shipyard build ship restrictions from working ??
Err, I don't see why it would? I guess the corporations might order ships from you? I never actually tested it.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 21:40

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 19:59
rosssack wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Err, I don't see why it would? I guess the corporations might order ships from you? I never actually tested it.
I have a lott of mods in my game butt wen I add yours on top it greys out the sett blacklist to faction option

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 1. Mar 20, 23:37

rosssack wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 21:40
BlackRain wrote:
rosssack wrote:

I have a lott of mods in my game butt wen I add yours on top it greys out the sett blacklist to faction option
Did you try with just my mod active? I really don't see why it would do that. I will have to look into it at some point. Or send me a save I can look at.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Mon, 2. Mar 20, 15:32

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 1. Mar 20, 23:37
rosssack wrote:
BlackRain wrote:

Did you try with just my mod active? I really don't see why it would do that. I will have to look into it at some point. Or send me a save I can look at.
I will look into the ship building buggy bit wen I get a chance ,I have also noticed there are s class company ships sitting at the shipyards and not flying off blocking landing

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 2. Mar 20, 15:44

rosssack wrote:
Mon, 2. Mar 20, 15:32
BlackRain wrote:
rosssack wrote:
I will look into the ship building buggy bit wen I get a chance ,I have also noticed there are s class company ships sitting at the shipyards and not flying off blocking landing
That should be a vanilla bug and shouldn't have anything to do with this mod.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 08:43

BlackRain wrote:
Mon, 2. Mar 20, 15:44
rosssack wrote:
Mon, 2. Mar 20, 15:32
BlackRain wrote:

That should be a vanilla bug and shouldn't have anything to do with this mod.
sorry I thought this was a mod bug did not realise it was a vanilla bug just notiiced it

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 3. Mar 20, 12:58

There are issues in the beta with stuff like that I think. I don’t touch any scripts really so I can’t see how the mod could cause issues like that unless the ships became enemies with the faction or something while docked or docking. That might cause weird stuff

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 22:31

Great Idea and it really makes the game more immersive.
I'm trying it right now together with the "reactive factions mod" and it works really well as it seems.
Although it gets really hard to gain ranks with the main-factions. Maybe the rank with the main-faction should also increase when you gain ranks with the associated corporation.
But i have one problem. Buy-Orders from stations for build-resources don't get fullfilled any longer and i guess it has something to do with those two mods.
In the beginning it worked but now no resources get delivered.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 23:42

phrozen1 wrote:
Fri, 6. Mar 20, 22:31
Great Idea and it really makes the game more immersive.
I'm trying it right now together with the "reactive factions mod" and it works really well as it seems.
Although it gets really hard to gain ranks with the main-factions. Maybe the rank with the main-faction should also increase when you gain ranks with the associated corporation.
But i have one problem. Buy-Orders from stations for build-resources don't get fullfilled any longer and i guess it has something to do with those two mods.
In the beginning it worked but now no resources get delivered.
I guess it could be that they are enemies so won’t deliver. Not sure?

phrozen1
x4

Post by phrozen1 » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 23:56

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 6. Mar 20, 23:42
I thought so in the beginning too but most corporations are not enemies and the resources are available.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 02:18

phrozen1 wrote:
Fri, 6. Mar 20, 23:56
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 6. Mar 20, 23:42
I thought so in the beginning too but most corporations are not enemies and the resources are available.
i don't touch any trading scripts or anything in this mod so I can't see how it could cause it other than that?

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 07:57

Hello again,, Have you done any further development on this mod,, linking affiliations between corporations and race owned sectors..?

werit
Werit Gaming
x4

Post by werit » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 12:57

Some of these corporations have some hefty fleets. For example, Just Right Foods has a Behemoth. I did see a corporation recon ship flying around too.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 14:06

birdtable wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 07:57
Hello again,, Have you done any further development on this mod,, linking affiliations between corporations and race owned sectors..?
Hey, I am working on some things but not sure what you mean here. Do you mean linking relations between corporations and the races that own a sector in terms of reputation? I wasn't planning on doing that. I think it should be more difficult to gain rep with a government faction.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 14:09

werit wrote:
Mon, 9. Mar 20, 12:57
Some of these corporations have some hefty fleets. For example, Just Right Foods has a Behemoth. I did see a corporation recon ship flying around too.
Every corporation has 2 to 5 security fleets. These are led by a destroyer (so Behemoth, etc.). They also have a few small squadrons of ships and some recon ships. I do not consider this hefty as you as the player can easily acquire such amount of fleets.

In the next version, there will be some more options. These security fleets will only defend their stations and that is it. I will also have an option for attack fleets however which you can turn on or off for the corporations. Just trying to figure some code out with it and haven't gotten it to work the way I want yet.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 9. Mar 20, 14:17

@ BlackRain ... Not a problem gaining Rep with races, that can be achieved many ways ... It is the loss of Rep that does the damage ... you can drop from 0 rep to -5 in a Races sector just for defending an attack from a disgruntled business competitor... if you have a few disgruntles flying around and you cannot instruct your ships to flee or avoid then it all gets a bit inflammatory ... Since Corporations are not linked to races then minor squabbles between them should be ignored.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”