[Mod] Expanded Sectors x2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [Mod] Expanded Sectors x2

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:18

Ok didnt know that with documents folder but I dont think that this is still actual.

The Highways should be gone (the strees where all the S and M ships fly on). The Gates and the Accelerators between sectors (some are also called super highways I think) are still there.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Papertiger
x4

Post by Papertiger » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:01

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:18
Ok didnt know that with documents folder but I dont think that this is still actual.

The Highways should be gone (the strees where all the S and M ships fly on). The Gates and the Accelerators between sectors (some are also called super highways I think) are still there.
Maybe it works now with the packages. Still not quite sure because I can't get a visual comparison between distances. Everything seems to be the same distance than before.

I'm sorry for the unconvenience and thanks for the help. But I think using mods for X4 gets a bit too complicated for me. Never had such problems with X2/X3. It's not not only this mod but others as well. Seems to be related with .cat files.

But after spending 4 hours to figure this out I just have to take my losses here. Anyway, seems I'm an odd one here and it works for others seemlessly :gruebel:

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:14

Papertiger wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:01
Max Bain wrote:

Maybe it works now with the packages. Still not quite sure because I can't get a visual comparison between distances. Everything seems to be the same distance than before.

I'm sorry for the unconvenience and thanks for the help. But I think using mods for X4 gets a bit too complicated for me. Never had such problems with X2/X3. It's not not only this mod but others as well. Seems to be related with .cat files.

But after spending 4 hours to figure this out I just have to take my losses here. Anyway, seems I'm an odd one here and it works for others seemlessly :gruebel:
I think the problem is that you use an old windows and not steam. On steam you simply subscribe to a mod and its installed and works. WIth WIndows 8 I have seen many ppl saying they have some problems.
If you are unsure if the mod is correctly installed and works, try comparing the screenshot I made on page one.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Papertiger
x4

Post by Papertiger » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:34

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:14
Papertiger wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:01
Max Bain wrote:

I think the problem is that you use an old windows and not steam. On steam you simply subscribe to a mod and its installed and works. WIth WIndows 8 I have seen many ppl saying they have some problems.
If you are unsure if the mod is correctly installed and works, try comparing the screenshot I made on page one.
I did take your screenshots as reference because I can see the difference there. But looking at my own screenshots as comparison I can't tell a difference there. Probably doesn't work.
But I'm not going to buy the whole game including DLC on Steam again nor do I have the intention switching my whole OS just for the game. And the game is despite a good "Foundation" not really enjoyable without mods. I won't refund the DLC though because I like Egosoft in general. Thanks for your help mate but I will just leave the game behind as frustrating as it is. But my senses tell me it won't get better for me and I will look for something else to play.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”