[MOD][WIP] RedXRedemption - v0.07 - Updated 05/04/20

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

birdtable
x4

Re: [MOD][WIP] RedXRedemption - v0.05 - Updated 30/03/20

Post by birdtable » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 11:51

Level of Reaver attacks appears to have settled to a manageable level..
Defence Nemesis working ok ish .. Gas miner got attacked by red Reaver, Nemesis intercepted,, Then Reaver ship turned blue and Nemesis carried out erratic manoeuvres .. accelerating in quick boosts around gas miner no longer effective...unless Reaver ship was no longer aggressive, Nemesis did not return to defence position..

Tested on small scale incidents only.

The main issue I think you will have is ineffective turret fire against fighters.

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 16:43

birdtable wrote:
Tue, 31. Mar 20, 11:51
Level of Reaver attacks appears to have settled to a manageable level..
Defence Nemesis working ok ish .. Gas miner got attacked by red Reaver, Nemesis intercepted,, Then Reaver ship turned blue and Nemesis carried out erratic manoeuvres .. accelerating in quick boosts around gas miner no longer effective...unless Reaver ship was no longer aggressive, Nemesis did not return to defence position..

Tested on small scale incidents only.

The main issue I think you will have is ineffective turret fire against fighters.
Thats odd, once the reavers have a target they are supposed to keep going until its dead.

I think I know what happened however, I will publish a fix at some point in the next few days. For now, I need to try out the expansion and see whats what

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 00:42

Updated the mod, performance improvements, made the reavers a little more versatile and removed the need for a new gamestart for the mod to work. Scripts will now create what is needed if god.xml has already run.

LameFox
x4

Re: [MOD][WIP] RedXRedemption - v0.07 - Updated 05/04/20

Post by LameFox » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 01:12

Are the ship and map changes likely to get their own modules as well? I like the playstyle in this so far but I've already got mods that rebalance ships for instance, I'd be worried about compatibility then.
***modified***

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 23:24

LameFox wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 01:12
Are the ship and map changes likely to get their own modules as well? I like the playstyle in this so far but I've already got mods that rebalance ships for instance, I'd be worried about compatibility then.
That is the plan yes. The next module will address rebalancing the location of the mineable resources and increase the number of miners to compensate for the slower mining.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 09:53

So after starting a new game and trying this for a while, there's something a bit weird I notice about the Reavers, they often see me flying along on my way somewhere and follow me to the destination trying to attack me but once my ship lands, they go into some sort of dormant state and seemingly won't even respond if I fire at them after taking off, or the station does while they float there. I scan them and they have no command, a state which persists for a few minutes even after I undock.

Which brings me to another thing, their numbers or at least frequency feel a bit overtuned. To begin with when they turned up I'd fight them, but more will keep coming for some time (they don't seem to travel in fleets like police, maybe this is a very strung out group*) and once all those are dead, I fly for a sector or two and it starts all over again. It's gotten to the point where I just ignore them and keep going to avoid spending all day killing Kestrels and Discos, which is why they end up floating outside stations eating turret fire.

Also some are inexplicably allied to me despite not being disguised, although that whole system has always been so broken it might be a vanilla thing. They shoot at me and then apologize and keep doing it, which is amusing.

*to be clear they are appearing with leaders, but they seem to have trouble following them and trickle in to die separately.
***modified***

RyuKazuha
x3tc

Post by RyuKazuha » Sat, 25. Apr 20, 17:59

hi there, nice mod.

Is it possible to connect the Reavers to their own faction or the general criminal faction? Right know they are mostly a heavy drain on reputation with their parent faction and not fighting them really isn't an option as they are so tenacious that once they "aggro" they seem to follow you to the end of the world and back.

This is especially infuriating in my case, as I try to play as pirate myself and getting reputation with the SCA isn't easy to begin with, especially if you keep getting interrupted by Reavers while searching for Comms on stations.

Their high bail rate makes it somewhat more possible to defeat them without killing them, but that is hardly reliable.

In short: High encounter rate, high reputation drain and the tendency to chase their target forever don't really work well together. Since I like the first, I think the second or third could use a tweak.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”