[Question] v3.0 - Must have mods?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SWAT400
xr

[Question] v3.0 - Must have mods?

Post by SWAT400 » Sun, 29. Mar 20, 10:08

I have played 150hrs on release and stopped playing at v2.x. The reason I stopped playing back then was the lack of challenge (xenon very weak, factions not fighting each other) and poor fleet behavior.I remember installing a "war" mod to make the universe more dynamic - is that still necessary?

My playstyle: I love to start small (single ship) and slowly build trading fleets and later a couple of stations (i rarely do massive complexes). My main focus in lategame is playing x4 like a grand strategy game and try to conquer sectors or help other factions in their war. I would like to start playing again with Split Vendetta and have the following questions:
  • Are there any mods you guys consider MUST HAVE?
  • And what are the best mods in your opinion (considering my reason to stop playing and my playstyle)?

Shuulo
x4

Re: [Question] v3.0 - Must have mods?

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 29. Mar 20, 14:02

It would help if you can tell us what parts of the game you find lacking. You want better combat and ship balance or vanilla is fine for you? Better trading?
Do you want more dynamic universe with the need to choose your friends wisely and factions that can go to war with one a other or more static like in vanilla?

I can definitely suggest mysterials faction enhancer as must have to improve overall faction behavior.
Others depend on your answers to the questions above

SWAT400
xr

Post by SWAT400 » Sun, 29. Mar 20, 15:39

Ok, let me change my question then. What are your top 10 mods which you consider essential? Whate are generally the most liked mods at the moment? Are there mod collections you can recommend?

PS: I do like a challenge (for example not having good realations with everyone at the beginning) and generally like a more dynamic universe with a lot going on.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 29. Mar 20, 16:11

This is my list of essentials then:
Faction enhencer
VRO (in my signature, 2.0 release with 3.0 and split dlc)
Remove highways
Disable encounters mechanic
Recycle ships and stations
Dynamic faction relations (full release with 3.0) from DeadAir
Reactive factions (in my signature)

This will make universe more interesting and feel large due to no highways and no artificial encounters. Factions more dynamic and wars more engaging, VRO fully changes combat, making it have more weight and epicness, making xenon and overall gameplay more dangerous. Dynamic relations and reactive factions will make it realllly hard to be friends with everyone.

Non essentials:
XR shipack (+vro patch will be released after 3.0)
Mules mod (updated by wookie)
Xenon random gates
DeadAir gates overhaul (totally new map, heavy on performance for my not latest PC)
Pirate starts

SWAT400
xr

Post by SWAT400 » Sun, 29. Mar 20, 16:18

Thank you for your list! I realized this is exactly what I wanted to see in this thread - some suggestions to look at in preparation for Split Vendetta :)

I hope more people can post their mod collections here as this is gold to me and everyone who hasnt played the game in a year...

Keep it coming!

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 15:25

Is the DeadAir gates overhaul compatible with the new HAT story?

I'd like to start a new game as a Split, slowly grow a "mercenary" family for hire. Will prob need a cheat mod to reset all my relations after a "contract".

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 17:42

Sirilius wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 15:25
Is the DeadAir gates overhaul compatible with the new HAT story?

I'd like to start a new game as a Split, slowly grow a "mercenary" family for hire. Will prob need a cheat mod to reset all my relations after a "contract".
I'll look into the story stuff today but honestly, i have no clue what the story stuff does without looking at the code.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:22

I have the same question. I was wondering if you were able to look into the code as stated above regarding the story elements?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:27

Happyblue wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:22
I have the same question. I was wondering if you were able to look into the code as stated above regarding the story elements?
I started to work on compatibility for the split story but i don't think i have it quite 100% yet. I have been distracted by a bug that is sadly taking up more of my time.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”