[Mod] XR Ship Pack VRO

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

iniochos
x4

Re: [Mod] XR Ship Pack VRO

Post by iniochos » Fri, 18. Sep 20, 20:23

Hi there,
In my game i don't see the two mods.Weapon pack and VRO mod.

VRO: is placed in the X4 root/extensions
Weapon pack: the first time placed in the documents, does not appear. The second time placed in the same file as VRO. Does not appear.

Have i done something wrong?

ok i found out.
steam files not working(????!!!!)
the nexus files are appeared in the extension!!!

Action_Parsnip

Post by Action_Parsnip » Sun, 18. Oct 20, 23:55

Drewgamer wrote:
Sat, 29. Aug 20, 04:07
AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:43
The only way I know how to do that is to ask qualified people to do so ^-^
It's never too late to learn ;) You can create a patch that adds the new turrets to the battleships from this pack.

If you REALLY want the battleships from VRO (but why when you have so many awesome ones already from XR Ship Pack :P ) just delete the file "shipgroups.xml" from "X4 Foundations\Extensions\XR_ShipPack_VRO\libraries".
Hi there! A question regarding that advice, after an hour of poking around I cannot find shipgroups.xml either in that folder or any folder. Can you help? Steam version on windows 10 all extensions taken from the steam workshop, I've enabled showing hidden files in case it was hidden that way, but to no avail. All i have in that extensions folder are:

Changelog
Content
ext_01 (two of these)
Readme

I'd really like to have the ships from both vro and xr ship pack but i really can't find anything in these folders. Thanks!

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Oct 20, 08:07

iniochos wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 20:23
Hi there,

Weapon pack: the first time placed in the documents, does not appear. The second time placed in the same file as VRO. Does not appear.

ok i found out.
Steam versions should work just fine. At least for several thousands. I dont know what the reason for this could be, sorry. But I always keep Nexus and Steam version up to date, so if Steam does not work for you use this instead.

Action_Parsnip wrote:
Sun, 18. Oct 20, 23:55
Drewgamer wrote:
AtilaElari wrote:
Fri, 28. Aug 20, 15:43
The only way I know how to do that is to ask qualified people to do so ^-^
It's never too late to learn ;) You can create a patch that adds the new turrets to the battleships from this pack.

If you REALLY want the battleships from VRO (but why when you have so many awesome ones already from XR Ship Pack :P ) just delete the file "shipgroups.xml" from "X4 Foundations\Extensions\XR_ShipPack_VRO\libraries".
Hi there! A question regarding that advice, after an hour of poking around I cannot find shipgroups.xml either in that folder or any folder. Can you help? Steam version on windows 10 all extensions taken from the steam workshop, I've enabled showing hidden files in case it was hidden that way, but to no avail. All i have in that extensions folder are:

Changelog
Content
ext_01 (two of these)
Readme

I'd really like to have the ships from both vro and xr ship pack but i really can't find anything in these folders. Thanks!
You need to extract the ext_01 file with the Egosoft XR Extractor tool. Alternatively you can use the Nexus version of this mod (see link on first post). The Nexus version always comes extracted. The shipgroups file is inside the libraries folder. Dont forget to delete the Steam version after doing so.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Action_Parsnip

Post by Action_Parsnip » Sat, 30. Jan 21, 19:33

Max Bain wrote:
Mon, 19. Oct 20, 08:07
iniochos wrote:
Fri, 18. Sep 20, 20:23
Hi there,

ok i found out.
Steam versions should work just fine. At least for several thousands. I dont know what the reason for this could be, sorry. But I always keep Nexus and Steam version up to date, so if Steam does not work for you use this instead.

Action_Parsnip wrote:
Sun, 18. Oct 20, 23:55
Drewgamer wrote:

Changelog
Content
ext_01 (two of these)
Readme

You need to extract the ext_01 file with the Egosoft XR Extractor tool. Alternatively you can use the Nexus version of this mod (see link on first post). The Nexus version always comes extracted. The shipgroups file is inside the libraries folder. Dont forget to delete the Steam version after doing so.
Sorry this is necroposting but I never did thank you for this info. So, thanks!

mega|Doc
x4

Post by mega|Doc » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 21:41

vro is now available on nexus, updated for 6.0
"Das Weltall ist ein Kreis, dessen Mittelpunkt überall, dessen Umfang nirgends ist."
Blaise Pascal (19.06.1623 - 19.08.1662)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 22:55

mega|Doc wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 21:41
Can you explain what is not working with VRO? Shuulo told me that not much has changed and things should run properly.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

mega|Doc
x4

Post by mega|Doc » Thu, 27. Apr 23, 23:19

Max Bain wrote:
Thu, 27. Apr 23, 22:55

Can you explain what is not working with VRO? Shuulo told me that not much has changed and things should run properly.
I have not tested it yet, I assumed that you also have to customize this mod and just waited for vro :wink:
"Das Weltall ist ein Kreis, dessen Mittelpunkt überall, dessen Umfang nirgends ist."
Blaise Pascal (19.06.1623 - 19.08.1662)

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 07:21

Max Bain wrote:
mega|Doc wrote:
Aren' weapon and engines need some update in flags for 6.0?
or these are fine as long as base mod get 6.0 compactibility?

E.g. if base XR pack get update to 6.0, can I use pre 6.0 XR VRO?

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 11:25

Max Bain wrote:
mega|Doc wrote:
There may be no changes, BUT(!!) there was a lot of ship balancing.
Last VRO update again has balancing pass on ships. XR pack ships with this compatibility patch may have outdated stats close to VRO 2.0 version.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 11:51

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 07:21
Max Bain wrote:
mega|Doc wrote:

If you mean Arawn (because I dont habe a ship Aren), all ships have of course been updated in the base mod.
ScandyNav wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 11:25
Max Bain wrote:
mega|Doc wrote:
There may be no changes, BUT(!!) there was a lot of ship balancing.
Last VRO update again has balancing pass on ships. XR pack ships with this compatibility patch may have outdated stats close to VRO 2.0 version.
Please tell me if something is completely out of balance because I have more than enough other things to do than check every single ship for changes that might have happened ;).
I asked shuulo and he said he expects no need to rebalance my ships, only my weapon pack what I have done already.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 12:24

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 11:51
mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 07:21
Max Bain wrote:

If you mean Arawn (because I dont habe a ship Aren), all ships have of course been updated in the base mod.
I misspelled "aren't" and was asking in general, not about a particular ship.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 13:56

Max Bain wrote:
Please tell me if something is completely out of balance because I have more than enough other things to do than check every single ship for changes that might have happened ;).
I asked shuulo and he said he expects no need to rebalance my ships, only my weapon pack what I have done already.
There is no anything completely off.
Most noticeable is that all XR pack ships have 2 times lower main shield recharge rate in comparison with similar vanilla (updated by VRO) and VRO ships. Such difference may lead to completely different survivability in out of sector combat.
Plus some terran XR pack ships don't have access to singularity turret, while some of its turret slots marked as high power.
Maybe there is something more less noticeable.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 16:01

ScandyNav wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 13:56
Max Bain wrote:
There is no anything completely off.
Most noticeable is that all XR pack ships have 2 times lower main shield recharge rate in comparison with similar vanilla (updated by VRO) and VRO ships. Such difference may lead to completely different survivability in out of sector combat.
Plus some terran XR pack ships don't have access to singularity turret, while some of its turret slots marked as high power.
Maybe there is something more less noticeable.
I just compared Argon ships and for XL ships the values are more or less balanced in my opinion.

For L ships I think that VRO internal shield recharge rate is way too high compared to XL ships. A Cyclopse has 1000 shield/s while the battleship has a bit less than 2000/s. The BS is maybe 10 time stronger overall and way more expensive. Is that even intended that these regen rates are so high?
I dont wanna change my values just that I can lower them in a few weeks.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 18:14

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 16:01
Is that even intended that these regen rates are so high?
You should ask Shuul about this. It may be, that such numbers was set based on several tests and do have a reason behind that.

As for me, I don't think that such ratio compared is ok.
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 28. Apr 23, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 28. Apr 23, 22:11

so far, there is no vrp atch for the 6.0 update so dont use it with vro yet wait some days i bet there will be a patch for vrp 6.0

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 13:26

Halpog wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 22:11
so far, there is no vrp atch for the 6.0 update so dont use it with vro yet wait some days i bet there will be a patch for vrp 6.0
My understanding was that the current XR Ship Pack VRO Patch works fine, as it's just tweaking things. Nothing to do with the Jolt physics changes that impacted the main mod. I'm using it currently and I haven't noticed any issues thus far, only a couple of hours in though.

Basically, the changes to the Main mod sorts the Jolt-related stuff, whereas the VRO Patch largely just tweaks stats in-line with VRO's balance. Even if this is 100% the case, I think it'd be reassuring to have a "This is v6.0" version, even if nothing's changed, just so people don't wonder.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 13:43

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 29. Apr 23, 13:26
Halpog wrote:
Fri, 28. Apr 23, 22:11
My understanding was that the current XR Ship Pack VRO Patch works fine...
Main problem, as I said in earlier post, is that this compatibility patch has outdated balance. VRO changed 2-3 times since this compatibility patch was made.
Last edited by ScandyNav on Sat, 29. Apr 23, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 14:53

ScandyNav wrote:
Sat, 29. Apr 23, 13:43
Main problem, as I said in earlier post is that this compatibility patch has outdated balance. VRO changed 2-3 times since this compatibility patch was made.
But didn't the author themselves say they weren't planning to change the VRO balance for their ships at this stage? Perhaps they will, but not at the moment.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 15:50

There were ship balance changes, I think especially to shields maybe. I thought I read something like that.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Sat, 29. Apr 23, 16:07

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 29. Apr 23, 15:50
There were ship balance changes, I think especially to shields maybe. I thought I read something like that.
well i checked vro and ship mods the past 2 days , since some vro compatibility patched popped up at nexxus...and i can say atm i think ( and thats my opinion ) VRO is extremly unbalanced regarding the ships and weapons.
before VRO was a must have for x4 in my eyes but yet atm its not.
so far vro ships are all working fine. need some balance to the shield stuff but they are all working ,. bridge porting, leaving ,entering ships, all good. the stats need tweaking yes but its to early to hope for that. i guess in 1 or 2 months there will be a totaly different VRO than we have now :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”