[Question] Specialized Interfaces/Consoles - Quality of Life Improvements

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Martechi

[Question] Specialized Interfaces/Consoles - Quality of Life Improvements

Post by Martechi » Wed, 1. Apr 20, 18:01

Wouldn't it be great if you could buy specialized consoles for your ships and stations that offer you optimized interfaces for Trade, Warfare, Exploration or Piracy?

X games are notorious for having sometimes a bit obtuse interfaces - that's no surprise. They have to accommodate every playstyle from the single combat pilot to a multi-sector trade empire, after all.
These different playstyles sometimes feel like games from entirely different genres, which is why I wish you could buy consoles that offer interfaces inspired by these different types of games.

As an example: If I'm a Teladi Trade-Magnate, I want to look at sectors through the lens of a tycoon game, managing trading lanes and mining operations, assigning ships and reviewing profits easily. As a split war-world, I want something entirely different, an interface for fleet management and strategies, combat statistics and damage reports. As a pirate, I might want to have an entirely different thing once more, just a local map detailing black market traders and policing routes - you get the idea: Different kinds of interfaces for different types of players.

I've been looking for mods in this vein for a little bit without success. So, I want to ask directly if anybody knows of a project aiming for something similar to this idea. And, if nothing like it exists, I wonder what it would take to bring such a project underway.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”