[Request] - (Change) Build Module Priority

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vihalvor

[Request] - (Change) Build Module Priority

Post by vihalvor » Mon, 11. May 20, 13:27

So - im working on a rather large station build, and im taking time to set up the production in nice lines, and in nice formations.
Accommodation , adminsitrative hub and defense modules al in order,
Shipyards and such, all good ...

and at the end, i place the docks and the piers -- all good ...

Then i realize the AI Builder builds this in chronological order , while the GAME AI, would love to have my manager on site immediately ....

But the builders captain is FIRST a beurocrat, THEN a builder ... so the sequence ( all 1200 modules) are build in the order they were set down, no discussion about it.

This seems a bit unneccesary ....

**Request**
IF theres anyone out there that know if and how to mod, would it be possible that any of you modding wizards could make a tiny mod that if nothing else, would allow the player to change build modules to top priority for the Builder?

example : IF the connection stucture for the docks has been built , THEN allow dock to be changed to top proiority ?

-vidar-

(note - i know theres a possibility to manually change the build priority by disconnecting and reconnecting whole sections ... but on a mega/Supermarket - its just not feasible....)

JAFO287
x4

Re: [Request] - (Change) Build Module Priority

Post by JAFO287 » Wed, 9. Sep 20, 14:37

I believe, though not 100% certain, that you can adjust the order in the plan XML. If you export your plan to your construction plans folder you should be able to modify by copy/paste and move the dock to the desired position. What I generally do is place my admin module, then place a dock out of the way. This lists the dock as the second module to build without respect to connections. I haven't tried the copy/paste of the plan XML but if you review the XML it shows which items are being built and seems to have a chronological order to them. It might be worth a try, just back up your original plan first.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”