[REQUEST] Equipment exchange between ships at wharf

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

uberex
x4

[REQUEST] Equipment exchange between ships at wharf

Post by uberex » Wed, 13. May 20, 05:15

Hello!

Looking for a way or a mod to be able to exchange ship-mounted equipment between ships at a wharf. A possible scenario on how this would work:
* On the map two or more ships are selected and given a command to "Upgrade / Repair At"
* An equipment such as weapon, engine, or shield generator is replaced with available wharf's stock part
* New loadout is confirmed by clicking "Add to shopping list"
* The replaced non-stock equipment parts become available to be installed on other compatible ships, that are part of the "Upgrade" batch
* A different ship is selected from the top dropdown list
* Second ship's equipment can now be replaced with compatible equipment removed from the first ship

This would bring the concept of loot back into the game and give the player real freedom of choosing allegiances. If I want to be a rebel freedom fighter for the Free Families, I don’t want to make friends with oppressive Zyarth Patriarchy to have access to their tech… I can instead track my prey and hunt it down to have a shot at tech that would otherwise be unavailable to me. Reminds me of excitement when a boarded pirate Carrack still had some Incendiary Bomb Launchers left intact!

z1ppeh
x4

Re: [REQUEST] Equipment exchange between ships at wharf

Post by z1ppeh » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 00:30

Not possible afaik. However Recycle ships IS possible to grab the BP for that coveted ship / weapon you are after to then build yourself.
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/72

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”