[REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

Re: [REALSPACE MODS] "STARS" - "XRSGE" - "REM" - various

Post by Realspace » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 22:05

Folker wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 24, 21:56
I've reuploaded the sound_library file ONLY. It is in the patch tab of the mod in the Nexus ;-)

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Thu, 18. Apr 24, 22:15

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 24, 22:05
I've reuploaded the sound_library file ONLY. It is in the patch tab of the mod in the Nexus ;-)
Ok, thanks, what was the problem ?

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 01:22

I had renamed everything to xrsge_folker, also entries of xrsge that are called to be added upon and had to not be renamed.
There is also another error that prevents bigbattle4 and 5 soundtracks to be added, but the error is in xrsge's soundlibrary not your mod. Fixed, will be in next update..

Btw the music is perfect for the mod, loving it! At least I too have a bit of surprise when crossing the sectors :)

People how do you like the new zone's border I added, Rebirth style? It takes sometimes to add one by one. Some have also special names.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 01:38

Absolutely love everything in latest version! A good old mix of highways, superhighways and new music brings immersion to the whole other level. The spaceflight through superhighways in Eighteen Billion and President's end and...well in lots of sectors now feels and looks amazing! Hope you'll not change new superhighways...they are too cool :)
About zone's border, I've seen something like this in President's end, but these marks disappeared after I left the sector :gruebel:

Small issue, don't know if it's issue at all, but Grand Exchange I (solar sector) doesn't look like a part of the system. The star is another color and no nebulae can be seen (don't know, maybe it's intended because of the proximity to the sun, but anyway). Also some zones/sectors use Rebirth names (Fevrid Corona, Torrid Veil etc.) - doesn't look like lore friendly because these names have been used in De Vries and other Rebirth systems, but I felt somewhat nostalgic when saw these names :)
Last edited by ziplock815 on Fri, 19. Apr 24, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 01:54

Zones show only if a player's ship is there or a satellite. They mark the real regions of space that are populated, in sectors as big as these it makes sense. Drop a satellite at each, that is also the space where most of the stations will be built.
Superhighways will remain. Now that they are inside the single sector, they have only positives. Imagine that with these shws the sector can be populated even more. No difficulty to add a moon somewhere and a superhighway going there. Being all inside a single sector allows any addition without issues. And is save-compatible.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 02:10

So if I'm right you can now expand almost any sector you want...the game's going to be HUGE :D I definitely like it
Hope you'll expand Aldrin and some more sectors to whole systems :mrgreen:

Btw Anomaly generator mod seems to cause lags too :rant:

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 11:11

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 01:22
I had renamed everything to xrsge_folker, also entries of xrsge that are called to be added upon and had to not be renamed.
There is also another error that prevents bigbattle4 and 5 soundtracks to be added, but the error is in xrsge's soundlibrary not your mod. Fixed, will be in next update..
Ok.
Realspace wrote:
Btw the music is perfect for the mod, loving it! At least I too have a bit of surprise when crossing the sectors :)
Thanks for the feed back, a pleasure to read.
Realspace wrote:
People how do you like the new zone's border I added, Rebirth style? It takes sometimes to add one by one. Some have also special names.
Yes I think that is easier to find your way around the large sectors.

PS : Your mod is really excellent, and I think a lot of people think it is. Maybe we can make a future XTC for TC or XTM for X3R. And with you good work, I think we are on the way

PS2 : I make a rebalance mod for me, with VRO, XR Weapons and Weapon pack, I send there a message, and if I have the autorisation of there creator, or
not the interdiction for absent modders like Snackynak or MacBain81. I partage it to you. Itredesigns X3-XR-style weapons and ships. And the weapon effects have been completely
redesigned (except for M and S), while combat looks like XR combat with X3 ship logic (battleships, destroyers, etc.). Where an Asgard won't struggle against 5 P's.

But I do that, long time ago, so the coding is well done but it's very badly organized because I did it with the means at hand. Likewise, a paranid weapon as a name will actually be an argon weapon in the game. You have to find your way around the t file if you want to find your way around.

You are interested ?

PS3: I will continue my stations, and I decide to make it by type of station and not by faction, because doing the same design all the time is boring, so doing the same production but with different designs is much better. I will send a message at MacBain81 for know if we can use Economy Overhaul

PS4 : I reupload the music mod and replace the sound libreary by the new that you do.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 14:16

I have a bug report :

When I leave an highway with UI like map or orther thing the game crash

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 15:09

When updating the mod remember to increase the version number both in the content.xml and in Nexus upload page otherwise users get confused about what is the latest ;-)

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 15:23

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 15:09
When updating the mod remember to increase the version number both in the content.xml and in Nexus upload page otherwise users get confused about what is the latest ;-)
I don't increase the version number, but I classed other on old files, Is good as well ?

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 19:02

I detected a problem in Economy Overhaul mod, certains module have invisible wall, but bullet passes through.
I'll try to understand why and solve it with blender. I think is mesh bug and in my opinion I should to resolve them by redesigning it with blender

Or I have a second solution, know how to export model from XR and reuse it, more long to do, but open new opportunity. By exemple Devries model for Segaris

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 19:08

Folker wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 14:16
I have a bug report :

When I leave an highway with UI like map or orther thing the game crash
Don't know if it's a bug, because I play with 7.0 beta 2 so anything is possible, but had the same issue.... Well, almost. I thought my ship just exploded, because the game played wery sad music :D and after that there was just black screen.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 19:18

ziplock815 wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 19:08
Don't know if it's a bug, because I play with 7.0 beta 2 so anything is possible, but had the same issue.... Well, almost. I thought my ship just exploded, because the game played wery sad music :D and after that there was just black screen.
Yes I understand that your say is true that in other version of the game, all is possible. But I play on 6.X with the last version of the XRSGE mod

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Fri, 19. Apr 24, 20:29

Folker wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 24, 19:02
I detected a problem in Economy Overhaul mod, certains module have invisible wall, but bullet passes through.
I'll try to understand why and solve it with blender. I think is mesh bug and in my opinion I should to resolve them by redesigning it with blender

Or I have a second solution, know how to export model from XR and reuse it, more long to do, but open new opportunity. By exemple Devries model for Segaris
I think that I do the second solution, take more time, but have more possibilities. I need to figure out how to transfer the assets from XR to X4.
I don't do station who use Economy Overhaul for nothing, because I plan to use the same name for the same module.
The advantage is that there will be additional assets I can use. And if I know how to transplant station modules, I'll also know how to do it for ships. For the moment, I'm not planning anything for ships, but I don't know what the future holds.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 09:12

I need to play the game to replicate the issue, will do. I must say my game is super steady (despite the faulty ram) and I neve have such crashes. As always check that the issue happens with xrsge+stars only no othe mods.
Folker that is the best way if you know I to do it. You just need the shaders that were adapted, models should be compatible as they are. I gave up on blender bc could never make it work for me so I edited planets and nebulae in dae plain text after exporting. There is a plugin for importing assets from x4 that works, it does not work for exporting into x4 so you have to use the old XRebirth tool, I use it to export from dae to xmf again.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 13:33

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 24, 09:12
I need to play the game to replicate the issue, will do. I must say my game is super steady (despite the faulty ram) and I neve have such crashes. As always check that the issue happens with xrsge+stars only no othe mods.
Ok, thanks to remind me, I will disable my mods and see if is OK.

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 24, 09:12
Folker that is the best way if you know I to do it. You just need the shaders that were adapted, models should be compatible as they are. I gave up on blender bc could never make it work for me so I edited planets and nebulae in dae plain text after exporting. There is a plugin for importing assets from x4 that works, it does not work for exporting into x4 so you have to use the old XRebirth tool, I use it to export from dae to xmf again.
Thanks for the tips, is time-saving, you can can you give me the name of this XRebirth tool ? I am very interested. I suppose is in egosoft scripts and modding tools of XRebirth

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 10:39

There is a thread in X4 modding forum, about it, maybe buried one or two pages older, but is there. Ego also released a new tool, it is sticky on top of the forum, you can try to use that, it requires a newer version of blender. It is ment expecially for ships.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=453487
When I am at pc will send you the links or can even reupload the rebirth tool.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 21. Apr 24, 21:37

I know It's a bit off topic, but maybe anybody knows how to make music to be sector specific in Farnham's Legacy?

Having a small issue with Folker's music mod - don't hear any music most of the time. Maybe wrong installation? :gruebel:

P.S. Using the first version for now, the one that had been posted here. Seems to work well.
Last edited by ziplock815 on Tue, 23. Apr 24, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 21:20

Hey, I find a men who maked a XR module report in X4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=288OI6Z ... J3&index=3

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=441375

https://subtolld.com/#main

I contacted him, for know how to make, and in the best situation, share folder.
If one people know how to make a port of XR station in X4 is him.
I hope he'll respond favorably.

If he doesn't get back to me, I'll continue to learn how to port station module and try to do what he does.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 22:19

Yeah, this guy has made a cool port of stations and station interiors and also X-Rebirth sectors to X4. Wish he'd continue his work, but seems like he's abandoned it.
Hope you'll find a way to port these stations eventually :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”