[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Polofix

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). update v1.1.0: Waypoint Fields for deployments (videos on Nexus Mods)

Post by Polofix » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 08:36

Hello,
I have found the following.
1. game freezes. Original mission was Economic Minefield. When I activate the original mission in the mission screen the game freezes completely. Switching between waypoint mission and original mission-> freeze.

2. original mission cannot be completed. I should place mines at the gate. But if I do that, the mines are not counted. I should place 10 mines, but not a single one is counted, so I cannot complete the mission.

3. I had hoped for two things from the mod.

a) The creation of a satellite network. By this I mean that I can automatically place satellites in a sector at a distance from their scanning range. Advanced satellites have a range of 75 km. Why are the satellites placed in a cube or sphere at a distance of a few kilometers ? It does not make sense to me yet, what this should be useful for.
b) Creating a minefield to protect a sector. When I found out that mines OOS are not usable at all and have no effect, I asked myself the question, why should I create a minefield ? So I only need mines to complete mine missions.

Creating a resource probe field could be useful, but again, I don't quite understand why the field is so dense. In order to find rich resource fields, the distance of the resource probes should also be considered according to their range. Otherwise also a resource probe field has no use.

Is it not possible to install a slider to adjust the distance of the deployments? This is the only way to use the different properties of the deployments. What are the benefits of advanced satellites with a range of 75 km at a distance of a few km?
The density of the field must be adjustable according to their deployments, otherwise it makes no sense.

But the most important thing is to make sure that the game does not freeze and that the original missions are not broken by the mod. I have uninstalled the mod.Freeze and broken missions are a no go for me.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). update v1.1.0: Waypoint Fields for deployments (videos on Nexus Mods)

Post by kuertee » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 11:47

Polofix wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 08:36
Hello,
I have found the following.
1. game freezes. Original mission was Economic Minefield. When I activate the original mission in the mission screen the game freezes completely. Switching between waypoint mission and original mission-> freeze.
Yup, it's the bug that Mycu found and reported a few posts above. I've fixed it but have not yet released the next version.
2. original mission cannot be completed. I should place mines at the gate. But if I do that, the mines are not counted. I should place 10 mines, but not a single one is counted, so I cannot complete the mission.
Related to the bug above.
3. I had hoped for two things from the mod.

a) The creation of a satellite network. By this I mean that I can automatically place satellites in a sector at a distance from their scanning range. Advanced satellites have a range of 75 km. Why are the satellites placed in a cube or sphere at a distance of a few kilometers ? It does not make sense to me yet, what this should be useful for.
The separation between satellites and advanced satellites are 1.75x their radar range radius - allowing for a small overlap. There is a visual illusion that they may look the same because their layout is the same. On the same satellite coverage mission, when you switch between normal and advanced satellite, don't you find that you only need 1 advanced satellite compared to 8 or 9 with normal satellites?

Anyway, I further decreased the separation to 1.5x because I found that 1.75x was still too wide to complete large satellite coverage missions with normal satellites. Again, this will be in the next release.
b) Creating a minefield to protect a sector. When I found out that mines OOS are not usable at all and have no effect, I asked myself the question, why should I create a minefield ? So I only need mines to complete mine missions.
Yes, the mod was mainly so that running missions are smoother.
Creating a resource probe field could be useful, but again, I don't quite understand why the field is so dense. In order to find rich resource fields, the distance of the resource probes should also be considered according to their range. Otherwise also a resource probe field has no use.
Resource probes, and other deployable, actually have a range of 3km. But I set the resource probe spread to be 2x the horizontal plane and 1x the vertical plane. I can't remember if I implemented this layout in the currently released version or in my new version.
Is it not possible to install a slider to adjust the distance of the deployments? This is the only way to use the different properties of the deployments. What are the benefits of advanced satellites with a range of 75 km at a distance of a few km? The density of the field must be adjustable according to their deployments, otherwise it makes no sense.
The density is controlled via the deployable radar range. But, yes, a slider would be useful in this case. I just too many things on my plate at that moment. I release what I can.

But the most important thing is to make sure that the game does not freeze and that the original missions are not broken by the mod. I have uninstalled the mod.Freeze and broken missions are a no go for me.
Yeah, sorry about that. I did find that bug as soon as mycu reported it. BUt have not released a version yet. I did get busy with work since the beginning of Nov. Before that I was quite free to mod as much as I can. Sorry about that.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 19:24

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 11:47
Yeah, sorry about that. I did find that bug as soon as mycu reported it. BUt have not released a version yet. I did get busy with work since the beginning of Nov. Before that I was quite free to mod as much as I can. Sorry about that.
Hello,
no problem. I think it's good that you modders do the work and program mods and then make them public to the community. Thank you very much for that. It is the responsibility of the community to test these mods, if you are interested, and to report bugs so you can fix them. This is our responsibility.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 00:58

Polofix wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 19:24
kuertee wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 11:47
Hello,
no problem. I think it's good that you modders do the work and program mods and then make them public to the community. Thank you very much for that. It is the responsibility of the community to test these mods, if you are interested, and to report bugs so you can fix them. This is our responsibility.
Well, not on first test. Certainly, reporting of bugs, yes. No self-respecting programmer (full developer of the game or modder) likes to release bug-ridden programs. But it happens.

EDIT: Personally, I actually appreciate detailed as much comments, critiques, reporting, suggestions, etc. And that carries across my professional life - face-to-face or otherwise. So, thank you for your post. END EDIT.

New version out later today. Along with updates to my other mods.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 14:05

First Thanks for this mods - make the X4 Universe truly more immersive :)
Then i have 2 problems (actual) ....
The Crime has consequences mod is fine - except with 4.x the claiming fee ... as NPCs get other NPCs to bailout .. i see no crime to claim an ship that noweare belongs (it would different if the original owner "can" have it back - but this is actual impossible) ... the crime is the bailing or boarding ...
So here i would like an better approach - or an option to disable this complete
The High-security rooms are locked mod is a good idea - but very often persons that like to transported "in" this rooms ... to actual it make at the same amount problems as nice additional gameplay ... (and so i have it disabled)

Regards

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:03

R-TEAM wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 14:05
First Thanks for this mods - make the X4 Universe truly more immersive :)
Thank you, R-Team. Unfortunately, I've not downloaded the beta 4.x versions. I have too many mods to check compatibility with that version. I'll support 4.x closer to its release.

But I think your concerns are also relevant to pre-4.x versions.
The Crime has consequences mod is fine - except with 4.x the claiming fee ... as NPCs get other NPCs to bailout .. i see no crime to claim an ship that noweare belongs (it would different if the original owner "can" have it back - but this is actual impossible) ... the crime is the bailing or boarding ...
So here i would like an better approach - or an option to disable this complete
Yes, agreed. It shouldn't be a crime if you claim a ship that wasn't a victim of any of your crimes.
I thought my mod already checked for that. Doesn't it?
You can check if a ship is a victim but it's not easy to do. You'll need to scroll through your crimes and find the exact ship entry in the victim's column.
Anyway, here's the code, from line 683, in the currently released version.
It means that if the claimed ship is found in the list of your victims, claiming it will be recorded as a crime.
Otherwise, its not recorded as a crime. Maybe one of your NPC ships attacked that ship?
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$j" exact="kCHC.$crimesByShips.{$ship}.$victimShipsStations.indexof.{$victimShipStation}" />
							<do_if value="$j">
								<set_value name="$victimFaction" exact="kCHC.$crimesByShips.{$ship}.$victimFactions.{$j}" />
								<break />
							</do_if>
The High-security rooms are locked mod is a good idea - but very often persons that like to transported "in" this rooms ... to actual it make at the same amount problems as nice additional gameplay ... (and so i have it disabled)
Oh ... really? Mission targets for transports are sometimes found in these rooms?
I've not seen that at all. It must be in 4.x.
It is additional gameplay, as you say. But it's not the mod's intent.
I'll add code in the next version to spawn mission targets elsewhere.

Thanks, again, for your bug reports.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:39

To clarify - the problems i wrote was all in 3.30 - have just startet today with 4.0B2....

And yes - the ships i have claimed was attacked by my NPCs .. so here it is right ;)
Have not thinked an check is here inbuilt :)

Have on all 4 transport missions in 3.30 i get, the mission target was in the one or the other locked room ... imho at one mission, the target move ~10min later to the admin room - so it was no problem more, but it is not an viable option to wait if the target move eventually out of the locked room's

Regards

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:05

R-TEAM wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:39
To clarify - the problems i wrote was all in 3.30 - have just startet today with 4.0B2....

And yes - the ships i have claimed was attacked by my NPCs .. so here it is right ;)
Have not thinked an check is here inbuilt :)

Have on all 4 transport missions in 3.30 i get, the mission target was in the one or the other locked room ... imho at one mission, the target move ~10min later to the admin room - so it was no problem more, but it is not an viable option to wait if the target move eventually out of the locked room's

Regards
Actually that could make for a very interesting "kidnap" mission - you have to wait for the target to leave a secure area, then talk to him to "capture" him before he gets to another secure area.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:42

As a fix for mission actors being inaccessible in locked away in rooms, the High Security Rooms Are Locked mod will teleport actors with their mission flag set out of those rooms into the bar (if already set) or in a random room.
kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:05
Actually that could make for a very interesting "kidnap" mission - you have to wait for the target to leave a secure area, then talk to him to "capture" him before he gets to another secure area.
There are prisoner rescue missions in the base code. But I've not seen those missions offered in my game.
(Although, my game has not progressed too far from its state since Mar 2020 - when I started modding it.
And my game is at its 25th hour since Nov 2019. I've not restarted through the updates with no problems. :D )

Because I skipped XR, I don't know how those missions play-out.
Have you seen those missions offered in the game?

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 17:08

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:42
As a fix for mission actors being inaccessible in locked away in rooms, the High Security Rooms Are Locked mod will teleport actors with their mission flag set out of those rooms into the bar (if already set) or in a random room.
kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:05
There are prisoner rescue missions in the base code. But I've not seen those missions offered in my game.
(Although, my game has not progressed too far from its state since Mar 2020 - when I started modding it.
And my game is at its 25th hour since Nov 2019. I've not restarted through the updates with no problems. :D )

Because I skipped XR, I don't know how those missions play-out.
Have you seen those missions offered in the game?
Actually I didn't realize those types of missions existed in the code. I was thinking more that you could use the "glitch" of NPCs spawning into locked rooms (with your mod) to create a new type of mission using the existing "transport passenger" mission type.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 07:45

kmunoz wrote:
Mon, 23. Nov 20, 17:57
I'm asking here since this seems like it would be up your alley kuertee:

Unless it's already possible and I've never found the option... It's very annoying when I'm in the middle of a mission but I see one I want to grab for later, and then when I grab it, my current mission switches to that one so I have to go back and switch it out again. It would be really lovely if there were a way to change this behavior, even if by "brute force," so that when you select a new mission while another one is active, the original active mission stays active.
UI: Accept mission for later button mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/590

I'm too busy to update this forum thread properly at the moment.
I'll do it in the next few days. I have updates to my other mods to release - including the missions for Loot Mining, Station Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter - Increasing Range, and Waypoint Fields for Deployments will be listed under the Guidance tab, keeping your main missions list clean. And still other updates awaiting release: e.g. Crime has Consequences: released impounded ships will fly to your stations before changing their ownership if they're coming being released by an enemy faction, preventing the enemy from attacking it immediately after release. Etc.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 14:35

update v1.2.0: Waypoint Fields for deployments (videos on Nexus Mods)

Hello,

unfortunately I have found a heavy bug.
For example, when I select advanced satellites with a range of 150/75km
and then switch to e.g. resource probes, the FPS drops below 1 and it takes a few minutes for the FPS to return to normal.
As it looks like it is because the ranges for the different devices are always different. No suitable range is found and thousands of objects are tried to be created. It must be ensured that the appropriate range field appears in the window for each device when you select it and becomes active. Basically only one default setting is missing. When the device is switched over, the default configuration must be loaded.

The second is, please add a square and a circle as a shape. Placing satellites in a cube or sphere makes no sense if almost everything is on the ecliptic and a little bit below and above. Advanced satellites already have a sphere radius of 75km. You do not need 2 or more satellites above or below the ecliptic.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 16:08

Polofix wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 14:35
and then switch to e.g. resource probes, the FPS drops below 1 and it takes a few minutes for the FPS to return to normal.
As it looks like it is because the ranges for the different devices are always different. No suitable range is found and thousands of objects are tried to be created. It must be ensured that the appropriate range field appears in the window for each device when you select it and becomes active. Basically only one default setting is missing. When the device is switched over, the default configuration must be loaded.
Already in my update: When you change the deployment item, it'll reset the size and density to the smallest value available - preventing what you've reported. :D

What actually happens in the currently released version is that it takes the LAST size and density. But because they may not have available buttons, none of the buttons are set.

Another feature in the next update is that the preview "beacons" will never go beyond the sector's knowable space. E.g. in the currently released version, you can actually extend the sector by previewing a large Waypoint Field near the edge of the sector. Nothing will be revealed of course, because nav beacons do not ping targets. Only the sector's size will enlarge - something I never wanted the mod to do - but never found a solution, until recently. It will be in the next update. EDIT: likely in the next couple of days.
The second is, please add a square and a circle as a shape. Placing satellites in a cube or sphere makes no sense if almost everything is on the ecliptic and a little bit below and above. Advanced satellites already have a sphere radius of 75km. You do not need 2 or more satellites above or below the ecliptic.
Good point! But remember that most (I'm actually almost certain all) except for satellites have only a radar range of 3k.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 15:20

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 16:08
Polofix wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 14:35
Already in my update: When you change the deployment item, it'll reset the size and density to the smallest value available - preventing what you've reported. :D

What actually happens in the currently released version is that it takes the LAST size and density. But because they may not have available buttons, none of the buttons are set.

Another feature in the next update is that the preview "beacons" will never go beyond the sector's knowable space. E.g. in the currently released version, you can actually extend the sector by previewing a large Waypoint Field near the edge of the sector. Nothing will be revealed of course, because nav beacons do not ping targets. Only the sector's size will enlarge - something I never wanted the mod to do - but never found a solution, until recently. It will be in the next update. EDIT: likely in the next couple of days.
Good point! But remember that most (I'm actually almost certain all) except for satellites have only a radar range of 3k.
Okay, very good. As I see the mod is getting better and better.

It would be very possible to build a sector covering satellite network with your mod, but you would have to add areas (and maybe circles).
Even if all other deployments only have a range of 3km, 2D forms would have advantages here as well.
If I am looking for the highest grade of a resource, I might want to start by roughly scanning a large area (and placing a few probes) rather than placing a large number of probes in a small area.

I would do that afterwards, when I have found approximately one resource with a high concentration. For this it would be enough to cover an area with probes. And a cube or sphere would need much more deployments. But I do not always have hundreds of deployments available.
I can't transport that much and the deployments have to be financed.

In my opinion it has advantages to have 2D-forms. I would also like to have more than 4x range to cover larger areas. Maybe additional 8X 16X 32X range.
Of course these are then special applications. Satellites don't need a density of tens of satellites on an area of 10x10km.
Vice versa it makes no sense to place a few laser towers on an area of 50x50km.
You just have to think carefully about which cases of application come into consideration.
Or you can make it so flexible that most applications can be configured with the appropriate setup.
Then you will have a lot of settings which do not make sense, but the flexibility is the best.

An other thing.
Collecting the deployments with the wingmen works very well. But they will stop collecting immediately if I leave the sector and teleport to another ship.
Unfortunately, they don't continue collecting once I'm back on the ship.
That is a bit impractical. If I imagine that the wingmen are supposed to pick up 50 or more deployments and I have to wait for them and can't do anything else,
if I have to go somewhere else I can pick up all deployments manually afterwards. I had such a case. And that is hard work.
I don't know if this is possible in programming, but it would be very helpful if the wingmen would finish their work in any case, no matter if I teleport away.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 17:08

Have IMHO found an bug with the Actual 4.0 Beta .....
If i use your mods ....
And go in the map - select an station and get to "show me trade offers" (dont know the exactly naming as i play in german ...)
Then i get a list of the things he sell or buy (with prices and amount)
This only works a limit time or/and a limit "doing this" .... (have not found out it is time or how often i doing this limited - or both ..)
Then i get "nothing" more - no info window pop up - -- to fix i musst save/reload - then it working again ... limit time/uses

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 18:31

Sorry if I missed the posts about this somewhere... are these awesome mods compatible with the Star Wars Interworlds Mod? How about with 4.0 (it sounds like yes at least for that)?

PS: I see you skipped XR. Have you considered trying it now? At 4.3 it is pretty solid, I'd say. :)
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 15:16

New mods
UI: Accept mission for later button https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/590
Missions accepted from the Map or Briefing menus will only activate if the player has no active mission. I.e. Active missions will not be overridden by newly accepted missions. Newly accepted missions will be added to your missions list as normal. Note that auto-acquired missions will comply with their coded setting to auto-activate or not.

Ship scanner https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/591
The Ship Scanner is a targetting AI that continually targets unscanned ships after the completion of a ship scan until all ships in your vicinity are scanned.

Bar patrons (part of NPC reactions) v1.4.0, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/497
Between 1 and 4 hireable NPC of each type of profession (engineers, marines, pilots, and managers) of up to elite skills will be generated at bars.

Updates
Alternatives to death v1.2.2, 7 Nov 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/551
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix: DPS calculation bug from the update that allows the player to avert destruction (v1.2.0). This is the bug that causes your ship to be invulnerable when it has no health left. Because the ship has no health left, the system doesn't actually register new damage - effectively reducing its received DPS every second. Luckily that, in the base game, even if the damage is not detected while your ship is protected from destruction, hits are. In this version, DPS only decreases while your ship is not getting hit - effectively maintain the previous DPS regardless of new incoming damage.
Crime has consequences v1.1.0, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/566
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix: Compatibility with Alternatives to Death (ATD): CHC was removing the player's ships protection from destruction set in ATD - leaving the ship destructible, which then prevents ATD from saving the player from the Game Over screen.
-Bug-fix: Previously, when an enemy releases your ship from their impound lot their station immediately attacks your ship. In this version, your ship will fly to the nearest neutral station before changing ownership to you.
-Bug-fix: Removed the delay between the ships getting confiscated and the ship flying to the nearest impound lot.
Loot mining (QOL) v1.2.1, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/511
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: The mod's mission is now listed in the Guidance Missions tab, keeping your Plot Missions free of the helper missions created by my various mods. I recommend the use of my Ui Extensions mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552). Without this mod, you wont be able to switch between the missions listed in the Guidance tab.
-Tweak: Better mission and objective descriptions to follow my other helper mods of Ship scanner, Signal leak hunter - increasing range, Station scanner and Waypoint fields for deployments.
-Bug fix: Does not activate attached mission unless the mod's mission is active.
Signal leak hunter - increasing range (QOL) v4.3.2, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/498
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: User-configurable rate of increasing range.
-New feature: The mod's mission is now listed in the Guidance Missions tab, keeping your Plot Missions free of the helper missions created by my various mods. I recommend the use of my Ui Extensions mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552). Without this mod, you wont be able to switch between the missions listed in the Guidance tab.
-Tweak: Removed the cumbersome code of switching the mission activated after completing a leak scan back to this mod's mission. Instead, use of my mod, UI: Accept mission for later button (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/590) so that the newly accepted mission does not interrupt your signal leak hunting task.
-Tweak: Better mission and objective descriptions to follow my other helper mods of Loot mining, Ship scanner, Station scanner and Waypoint fields for deployments.
Station scanner (QOL) v1.2.5, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/496
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: The Guidance Mission is listed in the Guidance Missions tab. It will attach itself to a relevant and active scan mission. When the original, attached mission completes, the Guidance Mission also completes.
-Tweak: Better mission and objective descriptions to follow my other helper mods of Loot mining, Ship scanner, Signal leak hunter - increasing range, and Waypoint fields for deployments.
UI Extensions and HUD (QOL) v1.2.0, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/552
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: Allow mods to create guidance missions (i.e. missiontype.guidance) that will be listed in the Guidance Missions tab. This also enables the Set Active and Set Inactive buttons in missions listed in the Guidance Missions tab. Examples of these are my mods: Loot mining, Ship scanner, Signal leak hunter - increasing range, Station scanner, and Waypoint fields for deployments.
Waypoint fields for deployments (QOL) v1.2.1, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/585
Spoiler
Show
-New feature: Wall, rectangular plane, and disc layouts.
-Tweak: Better cube and sphere layouts.
-Tweak: Manually-created Waypoint Fields will acquire the settings of the previous manually-created Waypoint Field.
-Tweak: Better mission and objective descriptions to follow my other helper mods of Loot mining, Ship scanner, Signal leak hunter - increasing range, and Station scanner.
-Tweak: Previously, the preview beacons may render outside the sector's known space - increasing the sector's known space. In this version, the preview beacons will render only if they are within the sector's known space.
-Bug-fix: Spacewalking stopped your wingmen from deployments. This occured because internally in the game, spacesuits are considered as ships. The mission (the Waypoint Field controller for your guidance and wingmen orders) is still limited to one ship, however. Changing ships will interrupt the previous ship's wingmen orders. But the new ship's wingmen will continue with the task. I recommend not changing ships. Doing anything else (dock, disembark, guard, fly to another sector, etc.) will not interrupt the Waypoint Field mission.
Wear and tear v1.1.2, 8 Dec 2020: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/523
Spoiler
Show
-Bug-fix: The mod was setting heavily-damaged ships to have a hull of 25%.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 16:10

Polofix wrote:
Thu, 3. Dec 20, 15:20
...Even if all other deployments only have a range of 3km, 2D forms would have advantages here as well....
Hey Polofix, I added Rectangular plane and Disc layouts in the new version.
...Maybe additional 8X 16X 32X range. ...
But I didn't add any new density options. The control panel got busy enough with the new additions. And converting them to other controls, like sliders, poses other complications.
...Collecting the deployments with the wingmen works very well. But they will stop collecting immediately if I leave the sector and teleport to another ship....
And this was actually a bug. My intention was that you can leave your ship - but can't transfer ships. And I think I fixed it in the new version.

R-TEAM wrote:
Sat, 5. Dec 20, 17:08
Have IMHO found an bug with the Actual 4.0 Beta .....If i use your mods ....And go in the map - select an station and get to "show me trade offers" (dont know the exactly naming as i play in german ...
Yea, R-Team, I'm not really sure when to fully support 4.0 beta. I have too many mods that use heavily modded v3.x Lua files. Incompatibilities would come from those (my UI Extensions and/or SirNuke's Mod Support APIs).

tomchk wrote:
Tue, 8. Dec 20, 18:31
Sorry if I missed the posts about this somewhere... are these awesome mods compatible with the Star Wars Interworlds Mod? How about with 4.0 (it sounds like yes at least for that)?...
Unfortunately, Tomchk, I have too many mods to check against others. If the Star Wars Interworlds Mod doesn't have too many DIFFs (modifications of the base game files), my mods would likely be compatible. My mods have a small amount of "DIFFs" - and usually they only add hooks back to my mod, rather than actual changes to the base games. Many changes to the base files are the biggest factor to incompatibilities, followed by heavily changed Lua files.
...PS: I see you skipped XR. Have you considered trying it now? At 4.3 it is pretty solid, I'd say. :)
Maybe in the future. I have little time at the moment - with all these free games from Epic and GOG, and new games like Cyberpunk 2077, and old classics, The Witcher 3 (which I've owned since release, but have not moved beyond the 2nd area). :D

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). New mods, Dec 2020: Ship Scanner (QOL), Accept Mission for later button (QOL)

Post by kuertee » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 17:08

Mycu wrote:
Sun, 8. Nov 20, 23:38
Dang! I forgot about these.

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 11. Nov 20, 22:50
...It turned out that Alternatives to Death mod is a culprit and lowers my frame rate.
Made a series of tests and got:
  • 122-126 FPS when AoD is disabled
  • 94-98 FPS when AoD is enabled
I've not forgotten about this one. I've not looked at it yet because I was busy with my new mods and updates. I wanted my QOL mods to offer a seamless experience to the player.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 9. Dec 20, 19:21

kuertee wrote:
Wed, 9. Dec 20, 15:16
New mods
(...)

Updates
(...)

Really great work with all those bugfixes and tweaks.
Appreciate that you constantly improve existing mods along with rolling new ones.

Thanks for the obviously enormous amount of work put into it.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”