[mods] kuertee's (RPG, QOL, UI): 18 Feb 2024: Kuda: many bug-fixes; UIX: New callbacks for new mods; ATD: Ironman mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). new: Waypoint fields for deployments, new: Crime has consequences

Post by kuertee » Sun, 15. Nov 20, 18:16

New mod
Waypoint fields for deployments
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/585
Creates waypoints that you and your wingmen can follow to deploy equipment and weapons.

Mission activation
When a mission to deploy equipment (satellites, resource probes, navigation beacons) or weapons (laser towers, mine) is activated from the base game's gm_achievecoverage or gm_deployinplace missions, a new (secondary) mission is created.

This secondary mission will guide you and your wingmen who have the necessary equipment/weapons to each point in the field. Your wingmen will deploy the necessary equipment/weapon at each point. The density of the waypoints and the size of the field are automatically set according to the equipment's (or the weapon's) functional range and according to the requirements of the mission.

When the primary mission is ccompleted, because the required coverage is filled, for example, this secondary mission will also end. Your wingmen will retrieve any deployments that were not taken over by the primary mission.

You are free to deactivate this secondary mission. But it will re-activate when the primary mission is activated.

Manual creation
You can create waypoint fields manually:
1. Create a Guidance Mission on the map (with the right-mouse click) on either an object, for example, a station or in empty space.
2. Go to the Guidance Mission menu, and click on Create Waypoint Field.
3. Configure the field in the Waypoint Field mission menu. Choose the equipment/weapon to deploy, and the shape of the field (cube or sphere).
4. A preview of the field can be created.
5. You can also order your wingmen to stop or continue with their deployments.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). new: Waypoint fields for deployments, new: Crime has consequences

Post by kuertee » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 06:53

Waypoint fields for deployments
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/585

Videos:
Achieve coverage mission: https://youtu.be/9xmunLKRgOM
Find resources mission: https://youtu.be/1dzAFZIJgE0

Update:
v1.1.0, 22 Nov 2020:
-New feature: Create a Waypoint Field directly with a right-mouse click on the map.
-New feature: The Waypoint Field panel now lists its attached mission. "Show original mission" and "Show Waypoint Field mission" toggles between the two mission panels.
-New feature: The Waypoint Field mission (e.g. mission target, progress, etc.) is now attached to your last controlled ship. Previously, it would only work if you were in direct control of the ship. In this version, you're allowed to exit the ship to do other things.
-Tweak: Wingmen defaults to deploying Fried-Foe mines when performing mining missions. Manually order them to deploy other mines. Their AI is not very good at avoiding mines they deploy.
-Tweak: Better distribution of retrieved deployments. Previously, the first wingman would retrieve as much as they can, while the others would retrieve what remaining few.
-Tweak: Missions created from the base game's rml_achievecoverage.xml, rml_deployinplace.xml and rml_find_resources.xml files now create Waypoint Field missions. These underlying files are the base missions for the gm_* files previously used.
-Tweak: Increased horizontal interval of resource probe waypoints.
-Bug-fix: Completion of a waypoint previously failed for deployments that do not set their ownership immediately after deployment - causing wingmen to deploy multiple times on the one waypoint. E.g. laser towers.
-Bug-fix: For manually created Waypoint Fields that are attached to missions, wingmen deployment would stop after the first if the sector they are deploying is different from the sector of the mission.
-Bug-fix: Re-assignment of waypoint ignored by the player.
-Bug-fix: Previously fails when the target coverage from the missions was too small for the waypoint interval set in my mod. In this version, the area determines the intervals.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). update v1.1.0: Waypoint Fields for deployments (videos on Nexus Mods)

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 18:05

Having an odd issue with Extensions Options, specifically Reset Mouse but it seems to be affecting everything, not sure how to track down the cause. It seems like the Extensions Options aren't holding settings, and sometimes not letting me change settings at all. So if I switch the reset mouse option from center to top-left, it doesn't actually "take." And then eventually it does, usually after I quit and restart.

The only Extension Options mods I'm using are yours (teleport, NPC reactions, reset mouse, signal leak hunter), Better Target Monitor and Named Pipes API.

I can't seem to change any of the settings on the top level menu, and the settings I change inside the kuertee options don't stay set after I exit the menu.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

kmunoz
x4

Re: [mods] kuertee's (QOL, UI, gameplay). update v1.1.0: Waypoint Fields for deployments (videos on Nexus Mods)

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 18:05

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 22. Nov 20, 18:05
Having an odd issue with Extensions Options, specifically Reset Mouse but it seems to be affecting everything, not sure how to track down the cause. It seems like the Extensions Options aren't holding settings, and sometimes not letting me change settings at all. So if I switch the reset mouse option from center to top-left, it doesn't actually "take." And then eventually it does, usually after I quit and restart.

The Extension Options mods I'm using are yours (teleport, NPC reactions, reset mouse, signal leak hunter), Better Target Monitor and Named Pipes API.

I can't seem to change any of the settings on the top level menu, and the settings I change inside the kuertee options don't stay set after I exit the menu.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 20:18

Quick info after short testing of Waypoint fields for deployments.
Game hangs when I deploy advanced satelite through quick action menu. Tried two times, same result.
It doesn't hang when placing satelite with mission inactive.

Also noticed no difference in waypoint placement when swithing between std/adv satelites.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 01:08

kmunoz wrote:
kmunoz wrote:

The Extension Options mods I'm using are yours (teleport, NPC reactions, reset mouse, signal leak hunter), Better Target Monitor and Named Pipes API.

Is it on a new game? Save the game, then reload it.
I find that the Extensions Options breaks on newly created games, but its fixed on loaded games.
Haven't reported it to SirNukes yet. I always assume that other devs have their own bug-reports from users, and didn't another dev adding to their task list.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 01:13

Mycu wrote:
Sun, 22. Nov 20, 20:18
Quick info after short testing of Waypoint fields for deployments.
Game hangs when I deploy advanced satelite through quick action menu. Tried two times, same result.
It doesn't hang when placing satelite with mission inactive.

Also noticed no difference in waypoint placement when swithing between std/adv satelites.
Perfect timing. I was working on better Math for my sphere waypoints last night.
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

<!-- start: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24273990/calculating-evenly-spaced-points-on-the-perimeter-of-a-circle -->
						<!-- totalPoints = 8;
							for (var i = 1; i <= totalPoints  ; i++) {
							    drawPoint(100, i, totalPoints);
							}
							function drawPoint(r, currentPoint, totalPoints) {  
							    var theta = ((Math.PI*2) / totalPoints);
							    var angle = (theta * currentPoint);
							    electron.pivot.x = (r * Math.cos(angle));
							    electron.pivot.y = (r * Math.sin(angle));
							    return electron;
							} -->
						<!-- end: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24273990/calculating-evenly-spaced-points-on-the-perimeter-of-a-circle -->
						<!-- length of a circle: s = 2 π r (θ/360°) -->
						<!-- https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/642176/finding-the-radius-of-a-circle-that-intersects-a-sphere -->
						<!-- sqrt (radius * radius - y * y) -->
But before I went to bed, when I was testing this (and decided to try Advanced Satellites), my game crashed.
So, there must be something there. I decided to leave looking at it today. I'll try to get a new version out with the fix along with the better math tonight after work.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 02:56

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 23. Nov 20, 01:08
Is it on a new game? Save the game, then reload it.
I find that the Extensions Options breaks on newly created games, but its fixed on loaded games.
Haven't reported it to SirNukes yet. I always assume that other devs have their own bug-reports from users, and didn't another dev adding to their task list.
That's probably what it is, I tend to restart a lot (I'm indecisive) so to me it feels more common.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 17:57

I'm asking here since this seems like it would be up your alley kuertee:

Unless it's already possible and I've never found the option... It's very annoying when I'm in the middle of a mission but I see one I want to grab for later, and then when I grab it, my current mission switches to that one so I have to go back and switch it out again. It would be really lovely if there were a way to change this behavior, even if by "brute force," so that when you select a new mission while another one is active, the original active mission stays active.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 00:39

kmunoz wrote:
Mon, 23. Nov 20, 17:57
I'm asking here since this seems like it would be up your alley kuertee:

Unless it's already possible and I've never found the option... It's very annoying when I'm in the middle of a mission but I see one I want to grab for later, and then when I grab it, my current mission switches to that one so I have to go back and switch it out again. It would be really lovely if there were a way to change this behavior, even if by "brute force," so that when you select a new mission while another one is active, the original active mission stays active.
Yup, that annoys me as well - to no end. And from my work on Waypoint Fields For Deployments (WFFD), I now know how to make this. :D

I'll work on this between others, though. I found the bug in WFFD that Mycu reported in regards to the game hanging on using Advanced Satellites.
So, I'm working on that. Also, I want to attach my Loot Mining guides to collectible asteroids to the find resources mission so that the Loot Mining guides close on that mission's completion - similar to WFFD.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 08:36

Hello,
I have found the following.
1. game freezes. Original mission was Economic Minefield. When I activate the original mission in the mission screen the game freezes completely. Switching between waypoint mission and original mission-> freeze.

2. original mission cannot be completed. I should place mines at the gate. But if I do that, the mines are not counted. I should place 10 mines, but not a single one is counted, so I cannot complete the mission.

3. I had hoped for two things from the mod.

a) The creation of a satellite network. By this I mean that I can automatically place satellites in a sector at a distance from their scanning range. Advanced satellites have a range of 75 km. Why are the satellites placed in a cube or sphere at a distance of a few kilometers ? It does not make sense to me yet, what this should be useful for.
b) Creating a minefield to protect a sector. When I found out that mines OOS are not usable at all and have no effect, I asked myself the question, why should I create a minefield ? So I only need mines to complete mine missions.

Creating a resource probe field could be useful, but again, I don't quite understand why the field is so dense. In order to find rich resource fields, the distance of the resource probes should also be considered according to their range. Otherwise also a resource probe field has no use.

Is it not possible to install a slider to adjust the distance of the deployments? This is the only way to use the different properties of the deployments. What are the benefits of advanced satellites with a range of 75 km at a distance of a few km?
The density of the field must be adjustable according to their deployments, otherwise it makes no sense.

But the most important thing is to make sure that the game does not freeze and that the original missions are not broken by the mod. I have uninstalled the mod.Freeze and broken missions are a no go for me.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 11:47

Polofix wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 08:36
Hello,
I have found the following.
1. game freezes. Original mission was Economic Minefield. When I activate the original mission in the mission screen the game freezes completely. Switching between waypoint mission and original mission-> freeze.
Yup, it's the bug that Mycu found and reported a few posts above. I've fixed it but have not yet released the next version.
2. original mission cannot be completed. I should place mines at the gate. But if I do that, the mines are not counted. I should place 10 mines, but not a single one is counted, so I cannot complete the mission.
Related to the bug above.
3. I had hoped for two things from the mod.

a) The creation of a satellite network. By this I mean that I can automatically place satellites in a sector at a distance from their scanning range. Advanced satellites have a range of 75 km. Why are the satellites placed in a cube or sphere at a distance of a few kilometers ? It does not make sense to me yet, what this should be useful for.
The separation between satellites and advanced satellites are 1.75x their radar range radius - allowing for a small overlap. There is a visual illusion that they may look the same because their layout is the same. On the same satellite coverage mission, when you switch between normal and advanced satellite, don't you find that you only need 1 advanced satellite compared to 8 or 9 with normal satellites?

Anyway, I further decreased the separation to 1.5x because I found that 1.75x was still too wide to complete large satellite coverage missions with normal satellites. Again, this will be in the next release.
b) Creating a minefield to protect a sector. When I found out that mines OOS are not usable at all and have no effect, I asked myself the question, why should I create a minefield ? So I only need mines to complete mine missions.
Yes, the mod was mainly so that running missions are smoother.
Creating a resource probe field could be useful, but again, I don't quite understand why the field is so dense. In order to find rich resource fields, the distance of the resource probes should also be considered according to their range. Otherwise also a resource probe field has no use.
Resource probes, and other deployable, actually have a range of 3km. But I set the resource probe spread to be 2x the horizontal plane and 1x the vertical plane. I can't remember if I implemented this layout in the currently released version or in my new version.
Is it not possible to install a slider to adjust the distance of the deployments? This is the only way to use the different properties of the deployments. What are the benefits of advanced satellites with a range of 75 km at a distance of a few km? The density of the field must be adjustable according to their deployments, otherwise it makes no sense.
The density is controlled via the deployable radar range. But, yes, a slider would be useful in this case. I just too many things on my plate at that moment. I release what I can.

But the most important thing is to make sure that the game does not freeze and that the original missions are not broken by the mod. I have uninstalled the mod.Freeze and broken missions are a no go for me.
Yeah, sorry about that. I did find that bug as soon as mycu reported it. BUt have not released a version yet. I did get busy with work since the beginning of Nov. Before that I was quite free to mod as much as I can. Sorry about that.

Polofix

Post by Polofix » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 19:24

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 11:47
Yeah, sorry about that. I did find that bug as soon as mycu reported it. BUt have not released a version yet. I did get busy with work since the beginning of Nov. Before that I was quite free to mod as much as I can. Sorry about that.
Hello,
no problem. I think it's good that you modders do the work and program mods and then make them public to the community. Thank you very much for that. It is the responsibility of the community to test these mods, if you are interested, and to report bugs so you can fix them. This is our responsibility.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 00:58

Polofix wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 19:24
kuertee wrote:
Sun, 29. Nov 20, 11:47
Hello,
no problem. I think it's good that you modders do the work and program mods and then make them public to the community. Thank you very much for that. It is the responsibility of the community to test these mods, if you are interested, and to report bugs so you can fix them. This is our responsibility.
Well, not on first test. Certainly, reporting of bugs, yes. No self-respecting programmer (full developer of the game or modder) likes to release bug-ridden programs. But it happens.

EDIT: Personally, I actually appreciate detailed as much comments, critiques, reporting, suggestions, etc. And that carries across my professional life - face-to-face or otherwise. So, thank you for your post. END EDIT.

New version out later today. Along with updates to my other mods.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 14:05

First Thanks for this mods - make the X4 Universe truly more immersive :)
Then i have 2 problems (actual) ....
The Crime has consequences mod is fine - except with 4.x the claiming fee ... as NPCs get other NPCs to bailout .. i see no crime to claim an ship that noweare belongs (it would different if the original owner "can" have it back - but this is actual impossible) ... the crime is the bailing or boarding ...
So here i would like an better approach - or an option to disable this complete
The High-security rooms are locked mod is a good idea - but very often persons that like to transported "in" this rooms ... to actual it make at the same amount problems as nice additional gameplay ... (and so i have it disabled)

Regards

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:03

R-TEAM wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 14:05
First Thanks for this mods - make the X4 Universe truly more immersive :)
Thank you, R-Team. Unfortunately, I've not downloaded the beta 4.x versions. I have too many mods to check compatibility with that version. I'll support 4.x closer to its release.

But I think your concerns are also relevant to pre-4.x versions.
The Crime has consequences mod is fine - except with 4.x the claiming fee ... as NPCs get other NPCs to bailout .. i see no crime to claim an ship that noweare belongs (it would different if the original owner "can" have it back - but this is actual impossible) ... the crime is the bailing or boarding ...
So here i would like an better approach - or an option to disable this complete
Yes, agreed. It shouldn't be a crime if you claim a ship that wasn't a victim of any of your crimes.
I thought my mod already checked for that. Doesn't it?
You can check if a ship is a victim but it's not easy to do. You'll need to scroll through your crimes and find the exact ship entry in the victim's column.
Anyway, here's the code, from line 683, in the currently released version.
It means that if the claimed ship is found in the list of your victims, claiming it will be recorded as a crime.
Otherwise, its not recorded as a crime. Maybe one of your NPC ships attacked that ship?
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$j" exact="kCHC.$crimesByShips.{$ship}.$victimShipsStations.indexof.{$victimShipStation}" />
							<do_if value="$j">
								<set_value name="$victimFaction" exact="kCHC.$crimesByShips.{$ship}.$victimFactions.{$j}" />
								<break />
							</do_if>
The High-security rooms are locked mod is a good idea - but very often persons that like to transported "in" this rooms ... to actual it make at the same amount problems as nice additional gameplay ... (and so i have it disabled)
Oh ... really? Mission targets for transports are sometimes found in these rooms?
I've not seen that at all. It must be in 4.x.
It is additional gameplay, as you say. But it's not the mod's intent.
I'll add code in the next version to spawn mission targets elsewhere.

Thanks, again, for your bug reports.

R-TEAM
x4

Post by R-TEAM » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:39

To clarify - the problems i wrote was all in 3.30 - have just startet today with 4.0B2....

And yes - the ships i have claimed was attacked by my NPCs .. so here it is right ;)
Have not thinked an check is here inbuilt :)

Have on all 4 transport missions in 3.30 i get, the mission target was in the one or the other locked room ... imho at one mission, the target move ~10min later to the admin room - so it was no problem more, but it is not an viable option to wait if the target move eventually out of the locked room's

Regards

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:05

R-TEAM wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 16:39
To clarify - the problems i wrote was all in 3.30 - have just startet today with 4.0B2....

And yes - the ships i have claimed was attacked by my NPCs .. so here it is right ;)
Have not thinked an check is here inbuilt :)

Have on all 4 transport missions in 3.30 i get, the mission target was in the one or the other locked room ... imho at one mission, the target move ~10min later to the admin room - so it was no problem more, but it is not an viable option to wait if the target move eventually out of the locked room's

Regards
Actually that could make for a very interesting "kidnap" mission - you have to wait for the target to leave a secure area, then talk to him to "capture" him before he gets to another secure area.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:42

As a fix for mission actors being inaccessible in locked away in rooms, the High Security Rooms Are Locked mod will teleport actors with their mission flag set out of those rooms into the bar (if already set) or in a random room.
kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:05
Actually that could make for a very interesting "kidnap" mission - you have to wait for the target to leave a secure area, then talk to him to "capture" him before he gets to another secure area.
There are prisoner rescue missions in the base code. But I've not seen those missions offered in my game.
(Although, my game has not progressed too far from its state since Mar 2020 - when I started modding it.
And my game is at its 25th hour since Nov 2019. I've not restarted through the updates with no problems. :D )

Because I skipped XR, I don't know how those missions play-out.
Have you seen those missions offered in the game?

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 17:08

kuertee wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:42
As a fix for mission actors being inaccessible in locked away in rooms, the High Security Rooms Are Locked mod will teleport actors with their mission flag set out of those rooms into the bar (if already set) or in a random room.
kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 04:05
There are prisoner rescue missions in the base code. But I've not seen those missions offered in my game.
(Although, my game has not progressed too far from its state since Mar 2020 - when I started modding it.
And my game is at its 25th hour since Nov 2019. I've not restarted through the updates with no problems. :D )

Because I skipped XR, I don't know how those missions play-out.
Have you seen those missions offered in the game?
Actually I didn't realize those types of missions existed in the code. I was thinking more that you could use the "glitch" of NPCs spawning into locked rooms (with your mod) to create a new type of mission using the existing "transport passenger" mission type.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”