[request] menu config variables as properties for ui moddability

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

[request] menu config variables as properties for ui moddability

Post by kuertee » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 05:48

I'm not sure if this is possible, but can Egosoft convert the menu config variables into properties so that we can easily add buttons to the menus?

E.g.:
the "config" variable that lists left-hand side buttons is a "local" variable. i.e.: local config.
if the config is a "property" (i.e. menu.config), modders can easily add their own buttons to the list.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [request] menu config variables as properties for ui moddability

Post by kuertee » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 17:44

It's weird that this was moved from the Technical Support forum.

The conversion of local vars into properties is best done as an official change of the luas.

Can a moderator confirm that this is a fundamental change and so is a proper technical support request?
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”