Why is my modification of the mod not reflected in the game?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 02:14

It seems that the mod will not be updated?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Why is my modification of the mod not reflected in the game?

Post by euclid » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 02:52

It would help if you provide details on what modification you did to which mod but I suspect that data of the original mod have been stored in your saved game.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 03:08

euclid wrote:
Thu, 18. Jun 20, 02:52
It would help if you provide details on what modification you did to which mod but I suspect that data of the original mod have been stored in your saved game.

Cheers Euclid
It looks like some kind of caching mechanism.
One of my modifications prevented the game from starting. But after I cancel the modification, the game still cannot start with the mod. (the mod works well, before modification.......)
the mod only generated missions through npc and will not be saved.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 13:33

I'm still not sure which mod and what it does but you can try to generate a "clean" saved game and then install the original mod.

To do that start X4 and uncheck the mod in the main screen, then exit X4 so the change takes effect, restart X4 and then load your latest saved game, save the game (that's you "clean" save). Now install the original mod, activate it in the X4 main screen, exit, restart and then load your saved game.

If there are still problems then enable the debug log and check for errors. For that you need to add a command line parameter which should look like this

Code: Select all

"E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\X4 Foundations\X4.exe" -logfile debuglog.txt
The debuglog.txt file will be generated in you document folder (where your saved games are).

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 02:22

euclid wrote:
Thu, 18. Jun 20, 13:33
I'm still not sure which mod and what it does but you can try to generate a "clean" saved game and then install the original mod.

To do that start X4 and uncheck the mod in the main screen, then exit X4 so the change takes effect, restart X4 and then load your latest saved game, save the game (that's you "clean" save). Now install the original mod, activate it in the X4 main screen, exit, restart and then load your saved game.

If there are still problems then enable the debug log and check for errors. For that you need to add a command line parameter which should look like this

Code: Select all

"E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\X4 Foundations\X4.exe" -logfile debuglog.txt
The debuglog.txt file will be generated in you document folder (where your saved games are).

Cheers Euclid
"clean" save is Ok, thank you very much.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sat, 20. Jun 20, 07:32

Is your mod active in the Extensions list? If not, check that the Content.XML is valid.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”