[Question] Any way to mod the PHQ with larger start dock?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spooidz
x4

[Question] Any way to mod the PHQ with larger start dock?

Post by spooidz » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 06:09

Title:

Been playing around with getting a custom start and can't seem to find how/where the PHQ gets its starting dock.

Tried searching though CAT 8 for the module_arg_dock entries in MD and Gamestarts but not seeing what I (basic mod knowledge) can see as what builds it when awarded.

Is it buried in hard code for the PHQ or maybe the scene file(s)?

SirNukes
x4

Re: [Question] Any way to mod the PHQ with larger start dock?

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 06:20

You are probably looking for x4ep1_playerheadquarters_with_dock in constructionplans.xml.

I recommend you run an extractor for xml/xsd stuff and generally never touch cats directly. Then you can use grepWin to find things quickly. (The X4 Customizer has a default fast cat unpacker that just grabs text stuff, and skips unchanged files for cleaner updating after patches.)

spooidz
x4

Re: [Question] Any way to mod the PHQ with larger start dock?

Post by spooidz » Mon, 29. Jun 20, 06:26

Thanks for the location.

Yeah I'm only working from extracted copy of the CATs already and only making changes to Extensions I already have loaded if they can give me what I want.

I'll take a look at that file and then see about building my own mod to make the change, gotta relearn some code since my X3TC days but it looks doable and the tools are pretty far along now for a non-coder like me.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”