[MOD/WIP] Dumb Mule

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ObsidianOne

Re: [MOD/WIP] Dumb Mule

Post by ObsidianOne » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 16:23

I will be waiting , thanks.

edit ; nvm i did not saw your last message , gonna test it now.

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 16:36

Did not work ; https://ibb.co/LYF5D3y , Is there any limit for travel ?

Edit : Nvm if there was limit , it could not transport field coils in the first place.

thijso

Post by thijso » Tue, 7. Jul 20, 17:25

It seems it's not picking up any trades now? Is that correct? Are you sure you have graphene available at the source station (the factory in Path to Profit)?

If you can, restart your game with the options "-debug all -scriptlogfiles". It should write a log file to your local game directory (where it also saves your save files) in the directory logs\dumbmule. Check the file for the ship (QUJ-538) once it starts a run (maybe need to resetup the Dumb Mule). If possible, post it here?

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Wed, 8. Jul 20, 11:22

Ofc i have https://ibb.co/L1pSf5x

And here is the log ; https://pastebin.com/mb6S0TJH

thijso_

Post by thijso_ » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 14:44

Sorry for the late reply. This is an alternate account, as I'm unable to login with my main one at the moment.

The problem is that your use case is a little different than mine, so the setup of the trade fails in the first step. When you setup a DumbMule, it scans all the production wares at the source station, and creates buy offers on the destination station. However, in your case, graphene is not a product, but an intermediate resource. So it doesn't create the buy offers. I'm not able to fix the issue right now, but there is a workaround, which is to create the buy offer for graphene at the destination by hand. If you do this, and resetup the mule, it should work.

My responses will probably be slow for a while, as I don't have a lot of opportunities to check the forum at the moment, just FYI...

thijso

Post by thijso » Fri, 4. Sep 20, 16:55

Changed the name to SimpleMule, also on github: https://github.com/thijs/SimpleMule

I just pushed a new version to github. And will push another small tweak soon.

You can now select wares from src -> dst, and seperately from dst -> src (return wares). This gives more control over situations where you want to transfer non-product resources. In that case, you need to setup more manually, but it should work as you expect.

labj
x4

Post by labj » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 17:29

I have tried the mod and i like it except for one thing, it does not pay any attention to the max sell level of the source, or at least in my game it does not. It will drain the stores of the source no matter how much i have "reserved" , beyond this one issue i like it very much

thijso

Post by thijso » Mon, 7. Dec 20, 10:28

Yeah, labj, I understand, but that is exactly the purpose of this MOD. It's meant to transfer all your products to a warehouse. It intentionally gets as much as it can to transfer.

The only exception is for return trades of wares that the target station actually needs itself, in the case the target isn't actually a Warehouse (with only storage). For that it calculates the hourly consumption of that ware and then leaves x hours of it in the target station. That's what the "Keep resource at target" option is for. Although that isn't relevant to your point...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”