Is OOS Friendly Fire ever possible?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Is OOS Friendly Fire ever possible?

Post by Scoob » Fri, 7. Aug 20, 01:55

Hey all,

Is Friendly Fire while OOS ever possible? The reason I ask is because I lost rep with FRF when they attacked one of my ships OOS. Here's the scenario:

A destroyer of mine is Patrolling an area in a HAT sector - Hatikvah's Choice - defending from Xenon incursions.

An FRF ship appears to have taken some hits from the Xenon and released several Laser Towers, before escaping.

The Laser Towers fire at my destroyer, it defends its self, making four "Unauthorised" kills, dropping my FRF rep from -4 to -9.

This was the only combat taking place regarding my ships, I'm fairly early-game.

The sector I'm actually in... well, nothing much was going on there. It's a neutral sector (Heretic's End) and I've had no engagements with FRF, accidental or otherwise. As it's a neutral sector, I couldn't have annoyed FRF by shooting ZYA as I have been.

What could have happened? The ONLY action taking place with FRF assets involved were those with my Destroyer. But something made those OOS FRF Laser Towers attack my Destroyer.

Scoob.

aurumgallente
x4

Re: Is OOS Friendly Fire ever possible?

Post by aurumgallente » Sat, 29. Aug 20, 20:28

Well, it is possible at least when NPC/your ship destroys a station where your/NPC ship is docked. It doesn't matter if it was OOS combat or it had happened in active sector. I assume in this case there is no reputation loss for an aggressor or any other consistences because the game can't guess who killed a ship. For active sector the aggressor also could be another station, for example, ANT station that was built in close proximity to paranid station and your ship is docked to one of them.

I suspect in your case there could be some bug with laser tower behavior. Also I don't know why you asking such question in "Scripts and Modding" section.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”