[QUESTION + MOD IDEA] External camera View

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Brahemino
x4

[QUESTION + MOD IDEA] External camera View

Post by Brahemino » Fri, 4. Sep 20, 08:47

Hello everyone, I have a question for all experts ... is there an easy way to change the distance of the external camera behind a specific spaceship? One of the ships I normally use the Taranis has its camera miles away from it ... so I'd just like to get a little closer as I like to play with capital ships using the outside view. I don't know if this is simply possible by working on the xml of the file associated with the spaceship or if it is something that is intrinsically defined in its mesh.

Following this request it also occurred to me to dare and give an input to the whole prodigal community of modders (or directly to the EgoSoft developer team): it would be nice to have an external camera that works a little in the way that was in Rebel Galaxy. In this game, the external camera by default is placed behind the spaceship to then move to the target currently locked rotating the camera but still keeping the focus on the player. Of course I imagine that working on a script that emulates this behavior is not easy, but well ... I only report the idea without any concrete expectations :wink: !

Greetings to everyone again.
Let's keep the community alive, come on guys! :rant:
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

spasov33
x4

Re: [QUESTION + MOD IDEA] External camera View

Post by spasov33 » Tue, 29. Sep 20, 11:22

I am also looking for some kind of solution. External camera is directly behind the ship, so often I cannot see my target. It would be more useful if the ship was closer to the down side of the screen, so that you can see what is in front of you. I don't find the setting for that or a even mode. And also some indicators for heat for weapons, shield and hp would be nice, when using external camera.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sun, 4. Oct 20, 19:31

Already in game... F2 to see your external, hit F2 a second time and now you can use the number pad to change location and zoom. Same goes for target camera, aka F3. All this is in wiki and tutorials.

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 17:28

Rastuasi wrote:
Sun, 4. Oct 20, 19:31
Already in game... F2 to see your external, hit F2 a second time and now you can use the number pad to change location and zoom. Same goes for target camera, aka F3. All this is in wiki and tutorials.
No, you didn't understand what I was asking ...
I'm not talking about keybindings at all ... for that just go to the settings / configure controls menu.

My question was about being able to change the (fixed) distance by pressing F2 once, which places the camera behind the ship.

Also well ... I was wondering if ... this answer is getting too long.

In any case, thanks for the reply.
I bury any further wishes in this regard.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 22:05

That's what I am saying, you can adjust the position of the camera by hitting F2 a second time, so that you can then place it where you want.

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 08:34

Rastuasi wrote:
Mon, 5. Oct 20, 22:05
That's what I am saying, you can adjust the position of the camera by hitting F2 a second time, so that you can then place it where you want.
You don't get it i think.
The camera you are indicating is known to me and it is not a camera that follows the ship but is simply one that can arbitrarily move around it.
It is the same camera obtained by pressing F3 a second time on a target.

I don't think I write too badly when I say instead that I wanted to change the distance of the camera following the ship, the first one obtained by pressing F2 only once.

The possibility of "maneuvering" the view like you are talking about is very clear to me and it has been clear to me since X2: the Threat.

I hope I have answered you comprehensively. Thank you in any case, but don't insist yet suggesting me a path that is admittedly not right from two posts before.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”