Argon Habitat with Argons!?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

idragon
x4

Argon Habitat with Argons!?

Post by idragon » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 16:14

So i heard and remember that once, when you built an Argon Habitat you had Argon workforce. Now its mixed with everybody even your enemies, cause why not ... :evil:

Anybody have any ideas (besides making everybody argon...) , i looked around but no clear answer, and developers ignore this issue completely or make it worse (see the newer "dynamic troll" models...) It seems previous versions had this, where was these lines of code, npc_instantions?

I managed to make NPC Stations have their home race workforce, but habitats nop.

Thanks

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Argon Habitat with Argons!?

Post by euclid » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 17:35

Are you reporting a bug in the vanilla game or are you running any mods that could cause that?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 18:24

euclid wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 17:35
Are you reporting a bug in the vanilla game or are you running any mods that could cause that?

Cheers Euclid
Hmm, gona do some tests on vanilla then, never played vanilla without mods, its unplayable :))) Thanks for the idea, i will report back if i find the cause and if it works normaly.

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Sat, 3. Oct 20, 20:54

euclid wrote:
Sat, 3. Oct 20, 17:35

Cheers Euclid
So after i tested on vanila with cheat tools, when docking to the habitat, the dock is inhabited mostly by other races, and a few argons... So i guess its a new feature... i wonder when this was changed, because its horrible. Stations with habitat, i was using them as recruitment for my ships, since a lot of employees were there from the race of the habitat and also to check it out for interesting characters, now its a nightmare. Oh well on step forward, 30 steps back as usual.

IF I WANT SPLIT OR TELADI CHARS OR GOD KNOWS WHAT, I MAKE A TELADI CHARACTER/STATION, GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD DEVS! (mostly like a DEV... that keep breaking and making the whole walking in stations worse with ever patch). Not even talking about char models that i had to mod out of it, to make them look not trolls from outer space. I cant wait to see Terran Statiosn filled with all the races when you dock, cause diversity and politics in game, or maybe just lazyiness due to faction.player and how the faction is filtered...

aurumgallente
x4

Post by aurumgallente » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 07:43

I noticed it too. There are humans at Paranid shipyards, there are split guys at Argon wharfs. I mean walking NPCs at stations. I don't remember it in 3.20 and it's confusing because what split/paranid/teladi people would eat and where they live if station has argon habitation modules and food for humans only.
In 3.20 at player shipyards hired crew members had random race, I think idragon means it. It's very weird because my wharf had argon houses only and it's unclear where those aliens came from.
It's better to report about it as a vanilla bug.

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 10:48

aurumgallente wrote:
Mon, 5. Oct 20, 07:43
I noticed it too. There are humans at Paranid shipyards, there are split guys at Argon wharfs. I mean walking NPCs at stations. I don't remember it in 3.20 and it's confusing because what split/paranid/teladi people would eat and where they live if station has argon habitation modules and food for humans only.
In 3.20 at player shipyards hired crew members had random race, I think idragon means it. It's very weird because my wharf had argon houses only and it's unclear where those aliens came from.
It's better to report about it as a vanilla bug.
Yeah that's a given, i was talking about player own station with a certain Habitat, for example Argon Habitat should have Argons and so on. Its a bug, or a new feature... cause it seems to ignore a lot of the code in npc_instantiation.xml regarding race of the habitats or npc stations. I only fixed by using large part of the code from defense stations, since its not really based on workforce from habitat, but only works for npc stations, due to the code not filtering or recognizing the race of the player, and ignoring the race of the habitat.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Mon, 5. Oct 20, 22:07

It does not just go based on habitat, habitat determines the food you require on station, not the race. Race is determined by every other module along with some "visitors". So if you use a silicon chip plant bought from argon, connections bought from paranid, defense modules from split, and then teladi habitats, then your station will require teladi food but have all the other races spawning. Also, there is the concept of visitors, so that is another bit of RNG on the races appearing on a station.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 01:50

I don't find it strange at all that the stations are multi-species. After all, you're there - and a whole lot of other ships from other factions are there. And the kind of xenophobia we see among the factions tends to be intra-species.

Bear in mind that the various populations do not mostly live on the stations. The stations are more like airports, less like cities. I would find it more immersion-breaking if there *weren't* "aliens" living and working on a given faction's station.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Tue, 6. Oct 20, 14:36

kmunoz wrote:
Tue, 6. Oct 20, 01:50
I don't find it strange at all that the stations are multi-species. After all, you're there - and a whole lot of other ships from other factions are there. And the kind of xenophobia we see among the factions tends to be intra-species.

Bear in mind that the various populations do not mostly live on the stations. The stations are more like airports, less like cities. I would find it more immersion-breaking if there *weren't* "aliens" living and working on a given faction's station.
Normally it would be 90% of faction, 10% other races, which usually are visitors. In theory that was their intention as well, but it doesn't work in reality.

And how dont you find it weird, when you are at war with HOP or Para, or Teladi, and half of the Argon Shipyard is filled with Paranids and Teladi, ey? What logic is that? Ah nvr...

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 13. Oct 20, 18:04

idragon wrote:
Tue, 6. Oct 20, 14:36
And how dont you find it weird, when you are at war with HOP or Para, or Teladi, and half of the Argon Shipyard is filled with Paranids and Teladi, ey? What logic is that? Ah nvr...
Because there have been Iraqis and Afghans living in the United States for decades? Internment and expulsion aren't the only options.

Commerce continues.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 15:28

Habitat should determine what race spawns on a station. Or allow the player to ban certain races from there stations at the very least, I hate the argons and dont want them on my ships and stations.

sentenced-1989
x4

Post by sentenced-1989 » Wed, 11. Nov 20, 02:25

Yea, I was doing roleplaying playthrough, every single npc in my fleet was Argon... Then I make my wharf which can't make ships due to not having workforce... Built and Argon L habitat. Got the food, got the drugs, got some workforce... Build a ship, crew it fully and BAM!!! There are 3 out of 10 Paranids on my ship... When you get to the point where you mass produce ships, you can't just fire them all. Sometimes I build an Argon destroyer and get Paranid captain.... No chance I'm going to trust that guy with that firepower...

Vanilla 3.3

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”