[MOD] Argon Reborn - (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Race Habitat or Custom)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

idragon
x4

[MOD] Argon Reborn - (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Race Habitat or Custom)

Post by idragon » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 16:39

Argon Reborn improves the Station/Crew NPCs models, population of the Stations, spawns only Station Races NPCs for each faction, Argon Habitat now only spawns Argon Characters or your chosen race by using the argonreborn_config.xml.

Available on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/564 (i have only GOG version for now, so no Steam yet)

Last update notes (1.10): -----------------

- Chardensity is not used anymore, setup the mod first id_argonreborn/MD/argonreborn_config.xml

Added two densities one for NPC stations and one for Player Habitat. Default 0.50.
For those that want many NPCs use 1.0 up to 1.50 (high end PCs), 1.0 or 1.10 should be enough for most.

- Added many new types of NPCs, some with multiple props suggested by Gramston.
- Added an optional file, that makes the player shipyards, spawn argon crew when building a new ship, will spawn the same for other factions, so disabled it, if you dont play with Argon, as it will spawn only argon crews for ship, but the Captain should be from the race of the shipyard in theory.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is my take on walking in station system, NPC models, Races and Argon Habitat. What this mod do?

1) All NPC models are changed! No more ugly trolls, they are even custom ones that have never been used in any mod, since i wrote the characters from zero with the old assets available from X4.

2) All stations are populated with their own race (beside visiting pilots) and spawn more crew. So on a Argon station you will find only Argon people, same with Teladi and Paranids, not tested on Split since i don't have the DLC (do tell if it works well), it should work.

3) Player owned Argon HABITAT now spawns Argons (based on chardensity in config.xml and Population of the habitat). If you dont want Argon Race habitat, change the race in the id_argonreborn/MD/argonreborn_config.xml (open with a notepad, text editor and read the instructions)

Code: Select all

<set_value name="$phabitatrace" exact="race.argon" />
Replace race.argon with your desired race, i.e race.split, race.paranid, race.teladi and then replace with same faction below.

<set_value name="$phabitatfaction" exact="faction.argon" />
Replace faction.argon with the same race you added in $phabitatrace line, so if you want teladi, you replace race.argon with race.teladi and faction.argon with faction.teladi

* Note: this.$SelectedRace, faction=this.$Owner, and others are ignored by game when it comesto the player for some reason. Maybe because the player is a faction itself, god knows.

4) On Docks you will find now more types of people: Pilots,Managers, Service and Marines. Starting from rookies to 3 Stars Crew, but they cost between 5k to 1mil.

5) When buying a new ship you can also recruit managers and captains, instead of only service crew and marines.

6) If you want more NPC to spawn on your station or NPCstation, modify the values in id_argonreborn/MD/argonreborn_config.xml :

<set_value name="$NPCdensityStations" exact="0.50" />

<set_value name="$NPCdensityPHabitat" exact="0.50" />

0.50 default - lower for more FPS.
1.00 - 1.10 for many npcs.

Play with the values to have your desired FPS, but keep in mind that on some docks (the open 3M3S docks, the FPS can be low on 1.0 - due to them being open and rendering lots of stuff)

7) The player shipyards, spawn argon crew when building a new ship, will spawn the same for other factions, so disabled it, if you
dont play with Argon, as it will spawn only argon crews for ship, but the Captain should be from the race of the shipyard in theory so it might work. It needs the optional file in the download section.

8) Bombs!

I left in something i use. Player Bomb Launcher bombs now does 15000 dmg, so around 35-40 should destroy an Administration Center, but not sure how it works these days, if you have to bomb the whole station or only one module.

Installation

User Vortex or Simply extract the "id_argonreborn" folder from the ZIP into your "extensions" folder your X4\extensions game folder.

Special thanks to FlynTie for some insights i forgot since i played the first version of the game. Gramston for discovering interesting assets in the game, TenebrisMessorem for starting this way back, and making me understand how the NPC templates work. Also, that special Dev that keeps messing up the NPC since the release of the game.
[/color]
Last edited by idragon on Tue, 1. Dec 20, 16:49, edited 20 times in total.

Mycu
x4

Re: [MOD] --- Argon Reborn --- (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Habitat)

Post by Mycu » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:44

Had a quick look at this mod in game (instead of working but shhh.....).
Overall I really like what I see - nice looking Argons on Argon station, Paranids on Paranid ones.
Until now I didn't know that I needed it :)

What I don't like much is possibility to build a ship with 10 captains :) and multiple managers - because looking for a good captain or manager IMO should be a thing and not something that I can get out of the box.
I'll play with it a little more later.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on a mod release.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

idragon
x4

Re: [MOD] --- Argon Reborn --- (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Habitat)

Post by idragon » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:47

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:44
Had a quick look at this mod in game (instead of working but shhh.....).
Overall I really like what I see - nice looking Argons on Argon station, Paranids on Paranid ones.
Until now I didn't know that I needed it :)

What I don't like much is possibility to build a ship with 10 captains :) and multiple managers - because looking for a good captain or manager IMO should be a thing and not something that I can get out of the box.
I'll play with it a little more later.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on a mod release.
Yeah, the possibility to hire Captains and Managers, is just for those that don't want to visit the stations for certain NPCs Models, will see how i will tweak it further. Thanks for trying it.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 18:11

idragon wrote:
Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:47
(...)will see how i will tweak it further(...)
Great, maybe it's possible with just an XML config value?
And what determinates how is station populated? In other words - can a player influence this on his stations?
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 18:17

Mycu wrote:
Wed, 14. Oct 20, 18:11
idragon wrote:
Wed, 14. Oct 20, 17:47
(...)will see how i will tweak it further(...)
Great, maybe it's possible with just an XML config value?
And what determinates how is station populated? In other words - can a player influence this on his stations?
For roles, i ll think about it, in the future updates. I am not even sure i am gona leave it on this feature, will see. I will add more content/tweaks/features +/-, as a play (test). I make most of the mods for my own use and thats how i test them, then i release them to the public, if they are cool:P, or useful.

For Population:

On player a station which has a Habitat (no habitat - no crew on docks), the player crew population is largely influenced by how many workforce you have (the habitat) and from chardensity which you can configure in the config.xml (is in the Documents/Egosoft/X4/config.xml)

<chardensity>0.50</chardensity>
- i play with 0.50.

0.10 for low end PCs
0.50 up to 0.70 for Average PCs
0.99 for High End PCs.

For NPC stations, there is a fixed amount + char density (but i need to tweak it more here).

Mycu
x4

Re: [MOD] Argon Reborn - (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Habitat)

Post by Mycu » Wed, 14. Oct 20, 18:35

Thanks for explanation :)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

idragon
x4

Re: [MOD] Argon Reborn - (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Race Habitat or Custom) - Updated

Post by idragon » Fri, 16. Oct 20, 23:12

Updated to 1.06 --------------

In some instance the system didnt recognized the race of the Habitat, again... so i added another line in the argonreborn_config.xml (faction.argon) which needs to modified, to your desired faction.

If you play with Argons, you dont have to do anything, its on by default.

<set_value name="$phabitatrace" exact="race.argon" />
Replace race.argon with your desired race, i.e race.split, race.paranid, race.teladi and then replace with same faction below.

<set_value name="$phabitatfaction" exact="faction.argon" />
Replace faction.argon with the same race you added in $phabitatrace line, so if you want teladi, you replace race.argon with race.teladi and faction.argon with faction.teladi

NightmareNight91
x4

Re: [MOD] Argon Reborn - (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Race Habitat or Custom) - Updated

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 2. Nov 20, 15:24

Love the mod first of all, one note I have is that I noticed every single split ship and station is now piloted by the green female split and none of the new models made by egosoft show up, is this intended? The entire split race is now a bunch of clones lol.

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Sat, 7. Nov 20, 21:58

NightmareNight91 wrote:
Mon, 2. Nov 20, 15:24
Love the mod first of all, one note I have is that I noticed every single split ship and station is now piloted by the green female split and none of the new models made by egosoft show up, is this intended? The entire split race is now a bunch of clones lol.
Not intended, didn't test the DLC. I will update the files, and skip the split templates in the character groups. Ill probably make an Split Reborn at some point, just need to buy the DLC first, and see what assets are available (if they are enough to do something interesting)

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Sat, 14. Nov 20, 23:09

If you turn this mod off, do the crew you hire default back to the standard NPC models? I hired several dozen crew with this mod and after a while I turned it off and I can't find any of the new crew. Most of females have gone back to the standard model (I think ... either marine dress or the flight suits girls). Have I done something wrong or do you have to keep the mod running to see the new scenery? Thanks for the mod, its nice.

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Tue, 17. Nov 20, 23:42

Drumma wrote:
Sat, 14. Nov 20, 23:09
If you turn this mod off, do the crew you hire default back to the standard NPC models? I hired several dozen crew with this mod and after a while I turned it off and I can't find any of the new crew. Most of females have gone back to the standard model (I think ... either marine dress or the flight suits girls). Have I done something wrong or do you have to keep the mod running to see the new scenery? Thanks for the mod, its nice.
You have to keep the mod activated of course to see the models at all times.

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Wed, 18. Nov 20, 01:00

Thank you. The mod is a lot of fun and I plan on using it again. GL HF Commanders

Sephiros
xr

Post by Sephiros » Sun, 22. Nov 20, 22:45

Hello, I posted a bug report on Nexus. Please take a look.

Drumma

Post by Drumma » Thu, 26. Nov 20, 21:21

I looked through most of the code for this mod wondering if there were lines that could be commented out or removed (after a copy of the file is made), so the game goes back to having integrated NPCs in stations. I looked through the config file and the est_01.* files and couldn't find an obvious place to change this (I'm a very lightweight programmer). I also read all comments here and on NExus.
I would like to see all the races in stations since ships from all four of them can come and go as they wish.

This mod is really nice but I turned it off for now because of the segregated NPCs in stations. The new different Argon people are an awesome addition to the game. thumbs up

idragon
x4

Post by idragon » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 16:48

Sephiros wrote:
Sun, 22. Nov 20, 22:45
Hello, I posted a bug report on Nexus. Please take a look.
Thanks for the report, i saw it late, i am not sure if it can be fixed, but ill take a look at the split files.

FireFly21
x4

Re: [MOD] Argon Reborn - (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Race Habitat or Custom)

Post by FireFly21 » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 00:42

I've had the same issues with this mod where all Split NPCs looked the same, and with the split starts the split plot ships would spawn without pilots. I'm pretty sure I fixed it. I didn't test it extensively, I just started a new game with a split start and everything seems to be working ok. Both Argon Reborn and Shipyards Crew are active.

I just copied the code from the split dlc files to the mod files:

In characters.xml I added this:

<add sel="/characters">
    <!--<character id="TEMP_manager_split_random" group="split.manager">
      <category tags="[npc, crew, officer, trader, commander, fighterpilot, manager, marine, masstraffic, watchdog, pilot, traderpilot]" faction="[split, freesplit, faction.player]" race="split"/>
      <owner list="[split, freesplit]"/>
    </character>-->

<character id="trader_split_random" group="split.trader">
      <category tags="[crew, pilot, aipilot, traderpilot, masstraffic]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court, faction.player]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="piloting" min="5" max="12"/>
        <skill type="morale" max="12"/>

<skill type="engineering" min="5" max="6"/>
        <skill type="management" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="boarding" exact="0"/>
      </skills>
      <owner list="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]"/>
    </character>
    <character id="fighter_split_random" group="split.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court, faction.player]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="piloting" min="4" max="15"/>

<skill type="engineering" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="boarding" min="5" max="6"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="manager_split_random" group="split.manager">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, manager]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court, faction.player]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="management" min="5" max="9"/>

<skill type="piloting" max="3"/>
        <skill type="engineering" min="2" max="6"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="factionrepresentative_split" group="split.factionrepresentative.male">
      <category tags="[factionrepresentative]" faction="split" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="management" min="10" max="15"/>
        <skill type="morale" max="15"/>

<skill type="boarding" min="6" max="15"/>
        <skill type="engineering" min="5" max="15"/>
        <skill type="piloting" min="11" max="15"/>
      </skills>
      <!--TODO @Owen page-->
      <page exact="10405"/>
      <owner exact="split"/>
    </character>
    <character id="factionrepresentative_freesplit" group="split.factionrepresentative.female">
      <category tags="[factionrepresentative]" faction="freesplit" race="split"/>
      <skills>

</skills>
      <!--TODO @Owen page-->
      <page exact="10403"/>
      <owner exact="freesplit"/>
    </character>
    <character id="factionrepresentative_court" group="split.factionrepresentative.female">
      <category tags="[factionrepresentative]" faction="court" race="split"/>
      <skills>
      </skills>
      <!--TODO @Owen page-->
      <page exact="10403"/>
      <owner exact="court"/>
    </character>

<!-- additional character definitions with correct factions set since we can't use xml patching to insert data into an attribute, only replace which is not good enough when multiple extensions may be involved -->
    <!-- regular -->
    <character id="service_split_random_dlc_split" group="split.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="engineering" min="5" max="6"/>
        <skill type="morale" max="5"/>

<skill type="boarding" min="2" max="3"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="marine_split_random_dlc_split" group="split.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="boarding" min="7" max="8"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="3" max="8"/>

</skills>
    </character>
    <character id="fighter_split_regular_random" group="split.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court, faction.player]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="piloting" min="5" max="7"/>
        <skill type="morale" exact="7"/>

<skill type="boarding" min="1" max="3"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="manager_split_regular_random" group="split.manager">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, manager, regular, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court, faction.player]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="management" min="5" max="6"/>
        <skill type="morale" max="5"/>

<skill type="boarding" min="2" max="3"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <!-- passenger -->
    <character id="passenger_split_random_dlc_split" group="split.passenger">
      <category tags="[crew, passenger]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="management" max="6"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="prisoner_split_random_dlc_split" group="split.prisoner">
      <category tags="[crew, prisoner]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="management" max="6"/>
      </skills>
    </character>

<!-- Rookies -->
    <character id="service_split_random_rookie_dlc_split" group="split.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="engineering" exact="1"/>
        <skill type="morale" max="3"/>

<skill type="piloting" exact="0"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="marine_split_random_rookie_dlc_split" group="split.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="boarding" min="2" max="4"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="3" max="6"/>

<skill type="piloting" exact="0"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="fighter_split_random_rookie" group="split.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court, faction.player]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="piloting" min="1" max="5"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="4" max="5"/>

</skills>
    </character>

<!-- Veteran -->
    <character id="service_split_random_veteran_dlc_split" group="split.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, veteran]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="engineering" min="6" max="12"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="6" max="12"/>
        <skill type="piloting" min="3" max="9"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="marine_split_random_veteran_dlc_split" group="split.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, veteran]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="boarding" min="6" max="12"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="6" max="12"/>
      </skills>
    </character>

<!-- Elite -->
    <character id="service_split_random_elite_dlc_split" group="split.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, elite]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="engineering" min="12"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="12"/>
        <skill type="piloting" min="6" max="12"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="marine_split_random_elite_dlc_split" group="split.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, elite]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="boarding" min="12"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="12"/>
      </skills>
    </character>
    <character id="platform_trader_split_random_dlc_split" group="split.trader">
      <category tags="[trader, licencetrader]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="management" min="9" max="12"/>

<skill type="engineering" max="1"/>
      </skills>
      <stock ref="'default_trader'" />
    </character>
    <character id="ship_trader_split_random_dlc_split" group="split.shiptrader">
      <category tags="[trader, shiptrader]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split" />
      <skills>
        <skill type="management" min="9" max="12"/>

<skill type="engineering" max="1"/>
      </skills>
      <stock ref="'default_trader'" />
    </character>
    <character id="shadyguy_split_random_dlc_split" group="split.shadyguy">
      <category tags="[shadyguy]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split" />
      <skills>
        <skill type="piloting" min="5" max="12"/>

<skill type="management" min="1" max="6"/>
      </skills>
      <owner list="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" />
      <stock ref="'default_shadyguy'" />
    </character>
    <!-- Casually clothed platform NPCs -->
    <character id="split_casual_dlc_split" group="split.civilian">
      <category tags="[casual]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/>
      <skills>
        <skill type="morale" max="1"/>

<skill type="boarding" min="1" max="2"/>
      </skills>
    </character>  
 </add>

<!--
  #############
  Patching of Split character definitions to reference the mixed gender groups as the base game references the female groups
  #############-->
  <!-- regular -->
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='service_split_random']/@group">split.service</replace>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='marine_split_random']/@group">split.marine</replace>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='passenger_split_random']/@group">split.passenger</replace>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='prisoner_split_random']/@group">split.prisoner</replace>
  <!-- Rookies -->
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='service_split_random_rookie']/@group">split.service</replace>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='marine_split_random_rookie']/@group">split.marine</replace>
  <!-- Veteran -->
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='service_split_random_veteran']/@group">split.service</replace>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='marine_split_random_veteran']/@group">split.marine</replace>
  <!-- Elite -->
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='service_split_random_elite']/@group">split.service</replace>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='marine_split_random_elite']/@group">split.marine</replace>
  <!-- Traders -->
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='ship_trader_split_random']/@group">split.shiptrader</replace>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@id='shadyguy_split_random']/@group">split.shadyguy</replace>

And in charactergroups.xml I replaced

<character name="split.generic.male">
    <!--<select macro="character_split_male_generic_01_macro" />-->
    <!--TODO @Owen better handle the basegame male split case-->
    <select macro="character_split_female_generic_01_macro" />
  </character>
with

<character name="split.generic.male">
    <select macro="character_split_male_generic_01_macro" />
    <!--TODO @Owen better handle the basegame male split case-->
   <!--  <select macro="character_split_female_generic_01_macro" /> -->
  </character>
and added this:

<add sel="/characters">
    <!--<character name="split.trader">
      <select macro="character_split_male_generic_02_macro" />
    </character>
    <character name="split.pilot">
    </character>
    <character name="split.manager">
    </character>-->
    <character name="split.factionrepresentative">
      <select character="split.factionrepresentative.male" />
      <select character="split.factionrepresentative.female" />
    </character>
    <character name="split.factionrepresentative.male">
      <select character="split.manager.male"/>
    </character>
    <character name="split.factionrepresentative.female">
      <select character="split.manager.female"/>
    </character>
  </add>
  <remove sel="/characters/character[@name='split.generic.male']/select[@macro='character_split_female_generic_01_macro']"/>
  <add sel="/characters/character[@name='split.generic.male']">
	  <select macro="character_split_male_generic_03_macro" />
    <select macro="character_split_male_generic_04_macro" />
    <select macro="character_split_male_generic_05_macro" />
    <select macro="character_split_male_generic_06_macro" />
    <select macro="character_split_male_generic_07_macro" />
  </add>
  <replace sel="/characters/character[@name='split.generic.female']/select/@macro">character_split_female_generic_02_macro</replace>
  <add sel="/characters/character[@name='split.generic.female']">
    <select macro="character_split_female_generic_03_macro" />
    <select macro="character_split_female_generic_04_macro" />
    <select macro="character_split_female_generic_05_macro" />
  </add>

idragon
x4

Re: [MOD] Argon Reborn - (Improved NPCs, Station Race NPCs, Argon Race Habitat or Custom)

Post by idragon » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 19:29

Update for COH, not fully tested, will fix in time.

Beta version for COH, please post bugs.

- I haven't test the habitats

- i didn't test buying crew, when buying ships

Don't use the Shipyards files for now, they will mess up your game. Will update those, after more testing.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”