usable mods that do not setoff modified tag?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Malakie
x4

usable mods that do not setoff modified tag?

Post by Malakie » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 03:20

Anyone know what kind of mods, if any, can be used that do not set off the modified tag?

I have a few mods that are actually very helpful, especially for visually as I have combat injuries to my sight and a few mods actually help with that playing.. (cursor mod, colors mod and a few others)

But I would like to use ventures, which I can't because the game is 'modified'. If anyone knows how to get around that or what kind of mods can be used that won't cause that, it would be appreciated.

DEVS: Isn't there a way we can use ventures for a modded game where any ship we would send on a venture, the game automatically changes to 'default' or standard game setting files and upgrades? I.E. if I choose a ship to send on a venture, it has to be original parts (plus any original upgrades it may have) etc? This would allow us that do use mods the ability to us ventures still. I understand WHY you can't just send anything modded being it would be impossible for everyone to all have the identical mods installed. But what about either allowing us to setup a default game ship or having the game automatically block/remove any changes to standard default ship in the game before it sends it?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

idragon
x4

Re: usable mods that do not setoff modified tag?

Post by idragon » Thu, 15. Oct 20, 12:28

Malakie wrote:
Thu, 15. Oct 20, 03:20
Anyone know what kind of mods, if any, can be used that do not set off the modified tag?

I have a few mods that are actually very helpful, especially for visually as I have combat injuries to my sight and a few mods actually help with that playing.. (cursor mod, colors mod and a few others)

But I would like to use ventures, which I can't because the game is 'modified'. If anyone knows how to get around that or what kind of mods can be used that won't cause that, it would be appreciated.

DEVS: Isn't there a way we can use ventures for a modded game where any ship we would send on a venture, the game automatically changes to 'default' or standard game setting files and upgrades? I.E. if I choose a ship to send on a venture, it has to be original parts (plus any original upgrades it may have) etc? This would allow us that do use mods the ability to us ventures still. I understand WHY you can't just send anything modded being it would be impossible for everyone to all have the identical mods installed. But what about either allowing us to setup a default game ship or having the game automatically block/remove any changes to standard default ship in the game before it sends it?

My recommendation is to Use the mod Ventures which is 10 time better, than whatever the devs tried.

"Offline Ventures are here. Allows you to deploy various fleets to adventures where they have to fight through certain events and challenges. If your fleets return, you may be rewarded with treasures consisting of ships, paintjobs, experience, inventory items, modparts for you or entire mods for your ships. "

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/244

X4 is not a game to play unmodded, and i dont think it will ever be unfortunately.

Malakie
x4

Re: usable mods that do not setoff modified tag?

Post by Malakie » Fri, 16. Oct 20, 01:52

idragon wrote:
Thu, 15. Oct 20, 12:28
Malakie wrote:
Thu, 15. Oct 20, 03:20

My recommendation is to Use the mod Ventures which is 10 time better, than whatever the devs tried.

"Offline Ventures are here. Allows you to deploy various fleets to adventures where they have to fight through certain events and challenges. If your fleets return, you may be rewarded with treasures consisting of ships, paintjobs, experience, inventory items, modparts for you or entire mods for your ships. "

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/244

X4 is not a game to play unmodded, and i dont think it will ever be unfortunately.
Well kinda hard to help the DEVS make it better if we don't use it..

I will try that for myself, but still would like to also play the original version just with a couple helpful visual mods I use for the reasons I mentioned.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”