Heavily modded game, Trade runs failing for specific wares

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Aranov
x4

Heavily modded game, Trade runs failing for specific wares

Post by Aranov » Thu, 22. Oct 20, 01:43

So I've been back to playing X4 lately, with a heavily modded setup, and I've run into an issue that leaves me stumped.

In short, L ships are not able to buy weapon components, while M ships are having trouble with field coils.
Setup the trade run, they dock, and then nothing happens, then they undock.

Went through my mods looking for something that touches the wares, or the trade scripts, removed them and spawned in new ships with new crew, and still nothing.

Two example errors from the debug log:
Spoiler
Show
[=ERROR=] 113929.22 Error in AI script order.trade.perform on entity 0x1202b8: TradeID 273770: trade 398 Weapon Components between Buffalo and FRF Ship Technology Factory II failed with reasoncode 32 (0x20 - 0000000000000000000000000100000b)!
* Action: <execute_trade>, line 367
[=ERROR=] 114093.80 Error in AI script order.trade.perform on entity 0x5fb72: TradeID 422704: trade 114 Field Coils between Mercury Vanguard TT02 and ARG Field Coil Factory I failed with reasoncode 32 (0x20 - 0000000000000000000000000100000b)!
* Action: <execute_trade>, line 367
M ship is using TaterTrader, While the L ship is a manual setup, but the error looks the same.

Anyone else experience something like this?
Don't want to ask in Tech Support, as I am using a large number of mods, but as I said, I looked through them all, and nothing should be touching the relevant files.
Starting to get annoyed with this, lack of weapon components is holding up my destroyer production.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Heavily modded game, Trade runs failing for specific wares

Post by euclid » Thu, 22. Oct 20, 07:05

If memory serves right then 10000b is not enough space ... check the storage of your ships.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Aranov
x4

Re: Heavily modded game, Trade runs failing for specific wares

Post by Aranov » Thu, 22. Oct 20, 15:11

Fairly certain it's not that, It doesn't matter what ship I use, Weapon Components and Field coils can't be bought.

New ships, old ships, doesn't matter. Tried firing and rehiring new captains, tried new spawned in ships, seems like issues with the ware itself.
Tired starting a new game, and everything worked fine. Tired looking in the old save's xml, no sign of where the ware itself is defined, or of any "ghost" wares on my ships.

Edit:
The mystery deepens, tried to buy the wares personally while in control of a ship, failed. Tried to buy Turrets, Water and Weapons, THEN it worked.

2nd Edit:
Well just as I settled with that as acceptable, a new problem.
Getting a "[IDBase::AssignNewID] Failed to assign an ID to the object." error. Did research, someone else had a problem with their ship(s) have 1000s of orders causing it.
Only for me, it wasn't a ship, it was a station, with 1000+ buy orders. And it wasn't mine, but the Zyarth Wharf in Wretched Skies.
Deleted it using a cheat mod, testing now but the map has like no lag now. Good sign.

Likely had something to do with me attacking it earlier, in an attempt to steal the wharf blueprints, which I modded to be steal-able.
Seems after that it, based on what I saw in the save, it sent buy orders out to the nearby Ship Tech fab that never went filled, so it kept spamming?
Not sure HOW a station buys things on it's own from another station, but whatever...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”