[MOD] Gamestart - Argon Asp

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

[MOD] Gamestart - Argon Asp

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 16. Nov 20, 08:13

Alternate game start...Split DLC required!

This is an an alternate Start in Argon Prime. You are an inquisitive Teladi with a very fast Split Asp Interceptor, reasonable weapons, and full suite of Argon blueprints. All Argon sectors are exposed, as well as any gate-connected sectors.

OK, so why another game start?

Well I've never much cared for the "Super Highways" that were introduced with the X4 series. It's a personal preference...there is no "right or wrong. That said, I was really happy to come across the "nosuperhighways" mod: (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/80)

Unfortunately, once I removed the Super Highways I encountered two new issues:
  • I really needed a much faster ship to start out with...but I wanted one with "teeth".
  • I also found the one thing I missed by not having Super Highways was that I could no longer expose some key sectors by simply hopping onto the highway ring early in the game...so I needed to expose a few sectors up front.
So...

You are Skippa Da'lizard IX, a clever, inquisitive Teladi...with occasional anger-management issues. You own a very fast and well-equipped Split Asp Interceptor. You also managed to "acquire" a full suite of Argon & supporting blueprints.

You start out in Argon Prime with 125,00 credits. You are on very good terms with the Argon, and all of the Argon sectors are exposed, as are any gate-connected Non-Argon sectors. Satellites have also been placed at known gates. Finally, you will find that you are well-liked by many of the other races.

The boring details:

Your starter ship is a well-equipped Asp Interceptor, with:
  • Engine: Split Combat Mk4
  • Thruster: Allround Mk3
  • Shield: Paranid Mk3
  • Weapons: 1 PRG, 2 EBC
You start with a wealth of Argon blueprints, so you can build stations and defense modules early in the game:
  • All Argon Modules
  • All general (GEN) Modules
  • All Argon Engine, Shield, Turrets and Weapons
  • All general (GEN) Thrusters and Weapons
  • All Missiles

While you are generally well-liked at the beginning, that can of course that can change quickly:
  • ARG +9
  • ANT +4
  • TEL +4
  • HOP +4
  • PAR +4
There are two version available:
  • Argon_Asp_NSH comes bundled with the nosuperhighways mod
  • Argon_Asp leaves the Super Highways intact.
Credits:
Recommended mods:
  • VRO! Shuul has put together an awesome mod called Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO), which I highly recommend. It is stable, well balanced, and comes with good ducumentation and support. The mod also increases ship speeds significantly, and works well without Super Highways. It is definitely worth a look, if you haven't already checked it out. (https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/305)
  • Another recommended mod is the Faction Enhancer. (viewtopic.php?f=181&t=413122)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”