[Request] Xenon Revival

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

delilah wild

[Request] Xenon Revival

Post by delilah wild » Mon, 23. Nov 20, 20:24

Hi All,

Over the last several months I've been following the advice of people here and on Reddit on how to revive the Xenon in my game. I'm trying to play a single game from the beginning to the end of X4, and thus don't want to start a new game. I've also become more aware of how dependent the X4 economy is on ship building, how that is dependent on ship destruction, and what an important role the Xenon play in this regard. Unfortunately, the Xenon do not build back in my X universe.

I've tried using Foundations of War and Conflict, X Universe +, and the Cheat mods. None is capable of reviving the Xenon on their own or in combination.

So my request is that we need a mod focused on reviving the Xenon. I'm not a modder and do not know how this is best done, but I trust I am not the only one who would appreciate such an addition to the X4 universe.

For any of you considering this, thank you ahead of time.

BigGreenThugs
x4

Re: [Request] Xenon Revival

Post by BigGreenThugs » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 01:13

I have no answers but I do have an observation. The key to eradicating the xenon is destroying all of the mining ships. Maybe they are the key to bringing them back?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 13:46

most probably they dont have either mining ships or wharf to build them. what you need is a mod that will create a wharf for them full of resources, this should at least start up them.
Those other mods dont do this

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 24. Nov 20, 15:33

Doesn't Faction War / Economy Enhancer have a module that helps out Factions that are on the ropes? I.e. it'd give the Xenon (or another faction in a similar situation) resources to stage a come back.

From the Forum topic:

Catchup Module:

Implements "catchup logic"/"rubber banding"
Factions that are losing their war(s) gain a bonus to all production
For most factions it works like workforce (stacks additively); for the Xenon they get a ship building discount
Each Xenon sector group is counted separately
If you have enough scan data the map's production module information will display the bonus
Current maximum bonus is +40%
Factions that are badly losing for a long time can also receive a support convoy from their home planet to give a temporary supply surge for ship building (can be intercepted)

Scoob.

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 00:36

I made a mod for personal use that halves the cost of the xenon ships, it brings em back pretty quick.

The other thing you could do is just add a entry to your jobs file to give them free miners that spawn at gates, this will kick start their economy

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 12:41

BigGreenThugs wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 01:13
I have no answers but I do have an observation. The key to eradicating the xenon is destroying all of the mining ships. Maybe they are the key to bringing them back?
Good observation! I think you are right and I've been trying to protect the very few miners that appear using FOWC. Doesn't end well as they insist on wandering off into enemy territory to collect resources!

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 12:42

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 15:33
Doesn't Faction War / Economy Enhancer have a module that helps out Factions that are on the ropes? I.e. it'd give the Xenon (or another faction in a similar situation) resources to stage a come back.

From the Forum topic:

Catchup Module:

Implements "catchup logic"/"rubber banding"
Factions that are losing their war(s) gain a bonus to all production
For most factions it works like workforce (stacks additively); for the Xenon they get a ship building discount
Each Xenon sector group is counted separately
If you have enough scan data the map's production module information will display the bonus
Current maximum bonus is +40%
Factions that are badly losing for a long time can also receive a support convoy from their home planet to give a temporary supply surge for ship building (can be intercepted)

Scoob.
Thanks for this suggestion! I'm giving this a try now. I'll let you know how it goes.

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 12:44

Hornet108 wrote:
Wed, 25. Nov 20, 00:36
I made a mod for personal use that halves the cost of the xenon ships, it brings em back pretty quick.

The other thing you could do is just add a entry to your jobs file to give them free miners that spawn at gates, this will kick start their economy
Thanks for this suggestion. Might you clarify what you mean by "add a entry to your jobs file to give them free miners that spawn at gates" and how this might be done?

delilah wild

Post by delilah wild » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 12:45

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 13:46
most probably they dont have either mining ships or wharf to build them. what you need is a mod that will create a wharf for them full of resources, this should at least start up them.
Those other mods dont do this
Thanks for confirming this about the other mods. Given your experience modding, you would certainly know! :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”