Question regarding mod to reverse the Huge Production Nerf that is coming

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BigGreenThugs
x4

Question regarding mod to reverse the Huge Production Nerf that is coming

Post by BigGreenThugs » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 04:52

I noticed some oddities in the production at some stations while playing 4.0 Beta. This led me to compare the wares.xml of 3.3 vs 4.0 B7. What I found was that every single production module has had it's output reduced but it's cost remains the same. That is going to make products at the end of the production chain cost WAY more in raw materials than before.

So what I want to know is, is there an easy way to make the wares.xml patch by comparing the files or should I just manually write the wares.xml.

Oh and here is a real cost example from 3.3 to 4.0 just so you can better understand why I'm a little freaked about this.

example: Weapon components.
If we want to produce 400/hour (one module) in 3.3 it costs 40 hull parts and 60 plasma conductors. Now we need 48 hull parts and 72 plasma conductors per hour (technically, now, one Weapon Component module produces 340/ hour. To make 400 like before, you need the preceding increased amounts.) Because every level of production now multiplies the raw materials cost, for 400 weapon parts you go from 82 Ore 348 Methane 487 Helium to 123 Ore(+50%) 541(+55%) Methane 771(+58%) Helium.

Edit to add % in costs for example

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Re: Question regarding mod to reverse the Huge Production Nerf that is coming

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 11:26

Something, that will help you to easily spot the differences is WinMerge (or another file diff tool)

Bit of course you still have to add every xpath entry manually.
The best solution would be a small programm, that parses both files and writes the diff
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”