[Help] Game start broken since 4.0 beta

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LucianDragos
x4

[Help] Game start broken since 4.0 beta

Post by LucianDragos » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 02:23

I have been away for some time and it looks that the 4.0 beta broke my modded game start..
I have been using a tweaked version of the Humble Merchant start. 1st using a Diff and Add commands to just add the start to the game rather then the original's complete replacement of the Gamestarts.xml, The 2nd was adding a custom PC macro using a template I got from someplace years ago which was working before the 4.0 updates. but now I can't use the start ether loading an old save or even starting a new game

I can say the start it self seems ok because if I change the player macro to a default one like discover then new games work so I think the issue is in my Player. I have tried resetting the parts to the same used by discover and it still fails. Since I have little idea of what I am doing can someone take a look and see if I messed something up or if there was a major change to assets in 4.0 that is jamming me up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11nVvDJ ... sp=sharing

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [Help] Game start broken since 4.0 beta

Post by euclid » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 14:26

Did you check the Wiki Breaking Changes linked in this sticky?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Sun, 21. Feb 21, 23:11

euclid wrote:
Sun, 21. Feb 21, 14:26
Did you check the Wiki Breaking Changes linked in this sticky?

Cheers Euclid
I have but all that is listed there is mostly scripting maters, nothing about changing / removing assets or changing how any player/NPC macros work

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 25. Feb 21, 17:48

There were few changes to gamestarts, like addition this into gamestarts:

Code: Select all

<encyclopedia>
          <entry type="warebasket" ref="research_gamestart_common"/>
        </encyclopedia>
But i suggest just to take the gamestart form 4.0 beta and rework it into your custom one once again, this way you will not miss enything.

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 15:28

Ok well fixed the crashing... I guess in how things changed the game doesn't like the component ref in the character macros file pointing to the Discover like the template had it so changing it to the same default "character_player_argon_female_01" that the base game macros use every thing is working again on the game start front.

But a new issues has come up that I will be making a new post about shortly, But in short the main story research menu comes up completely blank (see link), Stalling progress and stopping the use of ship mods or teleporting. I have checked & re-checked and I have no mods with any effect on Research, Player HQ , Main Story or game UI installed. I've even tested with most of the mods I do have stripped out and still having the same problem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KHPjuJ ... sp=sharing

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”