HQ research menu broken

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LucianDragos
x4

HQ research menu broken

Post by LucianDragos » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 16:02

Ok I am having an real issue with the player HQ research menu coming up completely black\blank (see link), Stalling progress and stopping the use of ship mods or teleporting. I have checked & re-checked and I have no mods with any effect on Research, Player HQ , Main Story or game UI installed. I've even tested with most of the mods I do have stripped out and still having the same problem

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KHPjuJ ... sp=sharing

P.S. I also validated game files though Steam as well

kmunoz
x4

Re: HQ research menu broken

Post by kmunoz » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 16:38

LucianDragos wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 16:02
Ok I am having an real issue with the player HQ research menu coming up completely black\blank (see link), Stalling progress and stopping the use of ship mods or teleporting. I have checked & re-checked and I have no mods with any effect on Research, Player HQ , Main Story or game UI installed. I've even tested with most of the mods I do have stripped out and still having the same problem

Are you running any Game Start mods? Dragon Starts causes this I think.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Fri, 26. Feb 21, 16:43

kmunoz wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 16:38
LucianDragos wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 16:02

Are you running any Game Start mods? Dragon Starts causes this I think.
Yes I run the Humble Merchant start by SilverXarrow, But I have for a few play thoughs now and this is the 1st time I have had this issue

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 01:55

LucianDragos wrote:
Fri, 26. Feb 21, 16:43

Yes I run the Humble Merchant start by SilverXarrow, But I have for a few play thoughs now and this is the 1st time I have had this issue
If you are on beta 4.0 they changed few things in gamestarts for research and so modded-in starts will not work properly unless updated.

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 04:21

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 01:55
LucianDragos wrote:

If you are on beta 4.0 they changed few things in gamestarts for research and so modded-in starts will not work properly unless updated.
As you posted in my last thread and I have since added the line you gave me and didn't see any others, though I could be blind =P...
The real question is can I fix it on an already started game or do I need to restart again? It would be really annoying to have to restart again but not world ending as I really only have a about 10 hours in on this one

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 21:41

LucianDragos wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 04:21
Shuulo wrote:
LucianDragos wrote:

As you posted in my last thread and I have since added the line you gave me and didn't see any others, though I could be blind =P...
The real question is can I fix it on an already started game or do I need to restart again? It would be really annoying to have to restart again but not world ending as I really only have a about 10 hours in on this one
i guess you can try to make a script that adds this thing to ongoing game, but i have no idea if it will work and didnt test it.

LucianDragos
x4

Post by LucianDragos » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 23:18

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 21:41
LucianDragos wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 04:21
Shuulo wrote:

i guess you can try to make a script that adds this thing to ongoing game, but i have no idea if it will work and didnt test it.
A script would likely work since I just fixed mine manually.
I started a new game with the warebasket line added and immediately saved.. Then found the lines missing and pasted them into my ongoing save.

So for anyone that might find or need this later..
The code line needed in a gamestart.xml for the mod to work

Code: Select all

<encyclopedia>
          <entry type="warebasket" ref="research_gamestart_common"/>
        </encyclopedia>

And the lines to fix a already running save (paste below the encyclopedia "wares" section, search for like wheat or something to help find it)

Code: Select all

<entries type="researchables">
<entry id="research_module_defence" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_module_dock" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_module_habitation" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_module_production" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_module_storage" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_mod_engine_mk1" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_mod_engine_mk2" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_mod_engine_mk3" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_mod_engine_pre" read="0"/>
<entry id="research_mod_shield_mk1" read="0"/>