[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Clifiand
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Clifiand » Mon, 15. Jan 24, 16:01

Hello DeadAirRT,

I really enjoy playing your factions mods. It's a great work!

Since I had a look into the folders during installing the mods, I saw a folder named "coercer" which is the an Amarr destroyer if I'm right.
But I'm not able to find a way to buy it in game. Will this happen in future releases? And is also a S-Class ship coming for the factions?

As a suggestion (please don't missunderstand me, I only want to give you some feedback :) ) :
- It would be great to have a Default gamestart (without using the creative game start)
- Also being a own faction depending race would be nice, but it's only a RPG thing...
- Having some direct connections to the other factions / or even substitute the original factions by yours (e.g. Argon -> Amarr)

Again great work, love it.
BR
Clifiand

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 00:02

Clifiand wrote:
Mon, 15. Jan 24, 16:01
Hello DeadAirRT,

I really enjoy playing your factions mods. It's a great work!

Since I had a look into the folders during installing the mods, I saw a folder named "coercer" which is the an Amarr destroyer if I'm right.
But I'm not able to find a way to buy it in game. Will this happen in future releases? And is also a S-Class ship coming for the factions?

As a suggestion (please don't missunderstand me, I only want to give you some feedback :) ) :
- It would be great to have a Default gamestart (without using the creative game start)
- Also being a own faction depending race would be nice, but it's only a RPG thing...
- Having some direct connections to the other factions / or even substitute the original factions by yours (e.g. Argon -> Amarr)

Again great work, love it.
BR
Clifiand
I accidentally left the coercer stuff in there but it's not finished. I never got a good set up for small/medium ships set up since it requires building the cockpit into the model and before this project, i had never once touched 3d modeling software. It may happen eventually but can't give a definitive answer.

I previously made some very basic starts but ended up removing them. It added very little but required quite a few diffs to vanilla files (and extra maintenance) so i went back to just custom start stuff.

Since characters can't be imported into the game it's unlikely that I'll make custom races for the factions.

If you mean gate connections, i have to be very careful with gate connections due to npc not having blacklists. I have to be mindful of shortest paths between two locations because it can completely destroy a factions economy when they constantly send their trade ships through enemy space. I do plan on allowing extra optional gates in a future version.

Thanks for the feedback.

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Wed, 17. Jan 24, 09:16

Is it possible to make s and m ship as large i mean opossite way you will make corecer or algos as m ship but u will use l cocpit invisible for external view i lnow its bot solution just wondering if its possible

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 28. Jan 24, 18:44

Hi,

Dead Tater: Works great most of the time, but I'm having a problem with them at the moment. For some reason, several of my Dead Taters seem to be fixated on supplying an allied faction's Auxiliary Resupply Ships. However, every attempt to trade with such a vessel fails. Trades failing when the target is a Resupply Ship of another faction isn't new. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen such a trade work. However, in my current game-state, these ships evidently have the most compelling offers in the local area covered by several Dead Taters. The result is, time and time again, my ships are trying to sell to them, and failing.

Is there any way to direct a Dead Tater to not even attempt such trades? They never work, so they really do just waste time.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 28. Jan 24, 20:25

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 28. Jan 24, 18:44
Hi,

Dead Tater: Works great most of the time, but I'm having a problem with them at the moment. For some reason, several of my Dead Taters seem to be fixated on supplying an allied faction's Auxiliary Resupply Ships. However, every attempt to trade with such a vessel fails. Trades failing when the target is a Resupply Ship of another faction isn't new. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen such a trade work. However, in my current game-state, these ships evidently have the most compelling offers in the local area covered by several Dead Taters. The result is, time and time again, my ships are trying to sell to them, and failing.

Is there any way to direct a Dead Tater to not even attempt such trades? They never work, so they really do just waste time.
The newest version has an option to ignore ship buyers on github. I'll get around to uploading it to steam after enough testing of the newest features.

Edit - to clarify, the code portion has it but not the releases section (6.02)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. Jan 24, 15:36

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 28. Jan 24, 20:25
The newest version has an option to ignore ship buyers on github. I'll get around to uploading it to steam after enough testing of the newest features.

Edit - to clarify, the code portion has it but not the releases section (6.02)
Thanks, I'll grab that version and update. Cheers.

Fatsack
x4

Post by Fatsack » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 01:43

Having an issue with DeadAir Fill God and Jobs, where they are set to 'off' in the Extension list in-game. I installed them from the github zip into Nexus mod manager. When i click the ellipses ... options it says their No for subscribed and Yes for updates. They have a steam workshop number associated with them, which is weird because I dont think they're hosted on the workshop. How do I know if they're working or not?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 02:05

Fatsack wrote:
Sun, 11. Feb 24, 01:43
Having an issue with DeadAir Fill God and Jobs, where they are set to 'off' in the Extension list in-game. I installed them from the github zip into Nexus mod manager. When i click the ellipses ... options it says their No for subscribed and Yes for updates. They have a steam workshop number associated with them, which is weird because I dont think they're hosted on the workshop. How do I know if they're working or not?
I've never once put god or jobs on workshop and i don't know anything about Nexus mod manager.

Edit: to clarify, i have no clue what happened and it's probably due to whatever you did to install it

Fatsack
x4

Post by Fatsack » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 21:08

I've deleted the context.xml and the steam 'extension' folder and it's still there.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 22:16

Fatsack wrote:
Sun, 11. Feb 24, 21:08
I've deleted the context.xml and the steam 'extension' folder and it's still there.
It's probably your mod manager

Fatsack
x4

Post by Fatsack » Sun, 11. Feb 24, 22:48

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 11. Feb 24, 22:16
Fatsack wrote:
Sun, 11. Feb 24, 21:08
It's probably your mod manager
So I was able to fix it. For anyone else having this issue in the future. Somehow the context.xml of the DeadAir god and other mods from github got the id= attribute assigned to a workshop number (ws_####### etc). NO clue how this happened.

To fix it, i closed x4, deleted the entries in user/documents/egosoft/#####/content.xml. Deleted all the folders for extensions, except for DLC in c:/steam/steamapps/common/x4foundations/extensions folder. Used 'Purge' option in Vortex mod manager to break links between Vortex and the extensions folder. Then deleted the DeadAir mods from Vortex mod manager. Then re-download fresh zips from DeadAirRT Github page. Drag drop mod .zips into vortex modmanager. Use 'Deploy' option in vortex mod manager (make sure to elevate to admin permissions if needed, check vortex notification bell). Unsubscribe all DeadAir mods on Steam Workshop. Then restart X4.

Killzad
x4

Post by Killzad » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 01:17

Hello is it possible to have the Eve Factions/ships without the VRO balancing of the game?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 02:06

Killzad wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 01:17
Hello is it possible to have the Eve Factions/ships without the VRO balancing of the game?
You are welcome to try and balance them for vanilla but I'm not interested in trying to maintain two separate versions due to the amount of work, sorry.

Killzad
x4

Post by Killzad » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 14:27

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 02:06
Killzad wrote:
You are welcome to try and balance them for vanilla but I'm not interested in trying to maintain two separate versions due to the amount of work, sorry.
Thanks for the answer, i have one problem tho when i start the game and spawn in Amar space the background is black no starts like there is no light and it's hard to see. am i missing something? Also fly to Caldari space and there is too pitch black, but the rest of the universe is ok.

What can i do to fix this?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 15:50

Killzad wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 14:27
DeadAirRT wrote:
Killzad wrote:
Thanks for the answer, i have one problem tho when i start the game and spawn in Amar space the background is black no starts like there is no light and it's hard to see. am i missing something? Also fly to Caldari space and there is too pitch black, but the rest of the universe is ok.

Check your folder names

Killzad
x4

Post by Killzad » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 16:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 15:50
Killzad wrote:
DeadAirRT wrote:

Check your folder names
This is what i see
Spoiler
Show
And this is my folder names
Spoiler
Show

user1679

Post by user1679 » Thu, 22. Feb 24, 22:01

Killzad wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 16:05
DeadAirRT wrote:
Killzad wrote:

Check your folder names
This is what i see
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
It looks like you're using an older version of the factions. Like DeadAir suggested, your folder names are wrong. The latest release uses names like: "deadairfactioncaldari". Notice the removal of the "egp_" and instead of daldari it's caldari... Your best option is to click on the github link in the first post and download the latest release, completely remove the old ones and extract the new ones into your extensions folder. Internally the faction IDs are the same so things should "work".

Killzad
x4

Post by Killzad » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 15:07

user1679 wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 22:01
Killzad wrote:
Thu, 22. Feb 24, 16:05
DeadAirRT wrote:

Check your folder names
This is what i see
Spoiler
Show
Spoiler
Show
It looks like you're using an older version of the factions. Like DeadAir suggested, your folder names are wrong. The latest release uses names like: "deadairfactioncaldari". Notice the removal of the "egp_" and instead of daldari it's caldari... Your best option is to click on the github link in the first post and download the latest release, completely remove the old ones and extract the new ones into your extensions folder. Internally the faction IDs are the same so things should "work".
Thank you for the clarification! The thing is i read also the second post which had the picture and the names below and i did what was shown there.

Thank you DeadAirRT and everyone involved love the mod.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 23. Feb 24, 15:33

Killzad wrote:
Fri, 23. Feb 24, 15:07
*snip*
Np, I'll eventually get around to updating a lot of the readme's and guide posts.

diion

Post by diion » Fri, 8. Mar 24, 06:46

Ill just say this, after not being able to get the eve factions to work for over a hour
just remove the "-main" from the folder after you put it in the extension folder

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”