[MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Perkel
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods pt2

Post by Perkel » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:02

Glad you continue your project. I feared after you few posts a while ago that you will quit modding X4.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:12

Perkel wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 00:02
Glad you continue your project. I feared after you few posts a while ago that you will quit modding X4.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I was gone for a good couple of months. These new projects are less changes overall to vanilla so it should require much less patching

Dan Rowan
x4

Post by Dan Rowan » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:07

Cant wait to start a new game once your done updating all your mods! Great work and thanks for the awesome mods!

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:11

Dan Rowan wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:07
Cant wait to start a new game once your done updating all your mods! Great work and thanks for the awesome mods!
All of mine are good to go, I haven't found any issues so far. I will be honest, I have no clue how the balancing for terran will be.

Dan Rowan
x4

Post by Dan Rowan » Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:18

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:11
Dan Rowan wrote:
Thu, 18. Mar 21, 01:07
All of mine are good to go, I haven't found any issues so far. I will be honest, I have no clue how the balancing for terran will be.
Well in that case I am going to start it up! I will return if I run into any issues and let you know.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:18

Is there any incompatibilities with Faction Enhancer?
DeadAir Jobs vs. FE:War Module, DeadAir Ware vs. FE:Economy Balance ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 15:19

ScandyNav wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 13:18
Is there any incompatibilities with Faction Enhancer?
DeadAir Jobs vs. FE:War Module, DeadAir Ware vs. FE:Economy Balance ?
They should work together without issues.

Inpachi
xr

Post by Inpachi » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 17:17

Hello, sorry if it is a dumb question but how do you install the "DeadAir God" mod ? I don't see anything in the release section of github

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 18:43

Inpachi wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 17:17
Hello, sorry if it is a dumb question but how do you install the "DeadAir God" mod ? I don't see anything in the release section of github
Sorry, I'll get on that. There is the option of downloading it via code button but should only take me a minute to post a release rq

edit - done

Dan Rowan
x4

Post by Dan Rowan » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 23:27

Just wanted to pop back in and say the game is running great, only problem I have seen is the Terran dock problem but that is a vanilla problem I hope gets fixed soon!

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 00:32

Dan Rowan wrote:
Fri, 19. Mar 21, 23:27
Just wanted to pop back in and say the game is running great, only problem I have seen is the Terran dock problem but that is a vanilla problem I hope gets fixed soon!
Glad to hear it, I actually haven't made it to terran space yet lol

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:08

Hi DeadAir,

Quick query regarding Tater Trader... I have the latest version v1.14 - yet it does not have the new Factions included in the Faction list. I can work around things by creating an Included Sector List of course, which I've done, but this isn't quite ideal.

Additionally, I'm using FOCW Corporations Revised, which adds numerous additional Factions. These Factions each have an affiliation to a given Major Faction, but I suspect this is just a Lore thing, and these new Corporation Faction don't count as the Major Faction when it comes to Black / Whitelists. Not really a problem from what I can tell, but if I *did* want to refine things further, I'd be a bit stuck.

Edit: Scratch that, I added a list of Included Sectors, but it's not exclusive. I.e. it doesn't include *just* those sectors...my Tater Traders are roaming where I don't want them to.

Thought: can a Mod dynamically detect what Factions are present in a given game? I.e. can they be made to automatically detect additional Factions added by mods? Note: I notice you have additional mods that add a faction each, I'd like like to play with this, but not sure how it'll work with FOCW Corporations...

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:13

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:08
Hi DeadAir,

Quick query regarding Tater Trader... I have the latest version v1.14 - yet it does not have the new Factions included in the Faction list. I can work around things by creating an Included Sector List of course, which I've done, but this isn't quite ideal.

Additionally, I'm using FOCW Corporations Revised, which adds numerous additional Factions. These Factions each have an affiliation to a given Major Faction, but I suspect this is just a Lore thing, and these new Corporation Faction don't count as the Major Faction when it comes to Black / Whitelists. Not really a problem from what I can tell, but if I *did* want to refine things further, I'd be a bit stuck.

Thought: can a Mod dynamically detect what Factions are present in a given game? I.e. can they be made to automatically detect additional Factions added by mods? Note: I notice you have additional mods that add a faction each, I'd like like to play with this, but not sure how it'll work with FOCW Corporations...

Scoob.
The traders follow trade restrictions so all of those buttons are unnecessary. I was trying to get a faction drop down list but the parameters are hard coded to not accept it.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:16

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:13
The traders follow trade restrictions so all of those buttons are unnecessary. I was trying to get a faction drop down list but the parameters are hard coded to not accept it.
Oh ok, I'll have to test that again as the Tater Trader I set up didn't seem to be obeying the standard trade restrictions. I even set up a default one to only trade with me (I default everything to "Me Only" initially) yet it still tried to buy things it shouldn't. Can't think why the restriction didn't work once the ship was running the TT command...but will try it again this evening.

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 15:57

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 13:16
DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 01:13
Oh ok, I'll have to test that again as the Tater Trader I set up didn't seem to be obeying the standard trade restrictions. I even set up a default one to only trade with me (I default everything to "Me Only" initially) yet it still tried to buy things it shouldn't. Can't think why the restriction didn't work once the ship was running the TT command...but will try it again this evening.

Scoob.
Ok, let me know if it ends up having issues for you. It has been working fine for me with multiple factions in the trade restrictions but I haven't actually tried player only via restrictions.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 17:04

The faction sectors are misplaced on my map, partly overlapping with existing sectors:

Discovering Rhy's Defiance will place it directly in the same spot as CL-85V. Other factions sectors are also looking to be wrongly placed, like not in the tight circle like in your pictures, but with spaces in between.

This is with all your mods, VRO, Mules Supply & Warehouses Extended and of course Split & CoH DLCs.
What might be the reason for this?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 17:27

Phiolin wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 17:04
This is with all your mods, VRO, Mules Supply & Warehouses Extended and of course Split & CoH DLCs.
What might be the reason for this?
I recently updated the positions to be spread out and more "vanilla" like. I still need to update the pictures in the post.

None of the sectors should overlap though. I'll double check cl-85v and rhy's defiance.

Phiolin
x4

Post by Phiolin » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 19:00

Ok, I see. All good then, except Rhy‘s Defiance.
Can that be fixed in an ongoing save, or would I have to start over eventually?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 19:22

Phiolin wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 19:00
Ok, I see. All good then, except Rhy‘s Defiance.
Can that be fixed in an ongoing save, or would I have to start over eventually?
It can be fixed in an ongoing

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 22. Mar 21, 21:17

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 22. Mar 21, 15:57
Ok, let me know if it ends up having issues for you. It has been working fine for me with multiple factions in the trade restrictions but I haven't actually tried player only via restrictions.
Hi,

It did finally work. Weirdly I had to set up the Blacklist several times before it took. The first two times - with a Blacklist allowing ONLY Terran and Segaris to trade - simply did not work, the ship still went to buy from ANT. I have had weirdness with Tater Traders before, where it'd take several attempt before they'd do anything, but I used to always use TT's own trade restrictions, not Blacklists.

Still, it's working now, but odd that it'd be so temperamental using the vanilla blacklist system.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”