[MOD] Choose the race of your crew V2.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Choose the race of your crew V2.1

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 21:27

SilverNixon wrote:
Tue, 6. Apr 21, 21:13
I have ensured I installed correctly and all seem to be working as intended except service crews. I still need to hire marines and switch to service crew. Thank you. Do let me know if service crew is working on your own tests. However, I look forward to an official patch so i can tick that off the list of what would make me play with no mods. I await news of ventures before going back to my un-moded save.

I also modified your file and added pioneers faction recruitable crews for a mixture of pilots and marines with the blue clothing and other pioneer outfits. I like the variety. can be seen immersively as rankings. I do wonder how they implement the habitation. Will it allow all terrans both POI and TER or will it be fixed to white clothed TER.

Anyway, thats 2 days worth of modding for me, now to enjoy my 2 week easter break from teaching and playing X4 manging stations and crews and exploring for hidden vistas.
You must have done something wrong or there is a conflict, it is working 100% perfectly.

chh2tx
x4

Post by chh2tx » Thu, 8. Apr 21, 07:28

Awesome to find the update. I took a few days away from the game and hadn't seen the more recent fixes. I somewhat thought it was being abandoned.

This has made my day. I really appreciate everyone's efforts. It's working perfectly here.

kaneeden
x4

Post by kaneeden » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:15

Thank you so much for this mod.
It works perfectly.
In the first post with the link you mentioned "follow the instructions" so I wonder where to find those.
There seems to be no readme file or anything similar in the dropbox files.
Furthermore, I would like to ask why it is named "choose" the race of the crew or how to do that.
I tried it with the pioneer Terran start and it works well, all crew created with the ships at my wharves are now Terran but was that chosen by my game start selection or by the type of habitats connected to the wharf or not chosen at all and I have to do a different thing to get for example Argons along with the Terrans or Argons alone?
Thanks again for this great mod

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:44

kaneeden wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:15
It works perfectly.
In the first post with the link you mentioned "follow the instructions" so I wonder where to find those.
Furthermore, I would like to ask why it is named "choose" the race of the crew or how to do that.
I tried it with the pioneer Terran start and it works well, all crew created with the ships at my wharves are now Terran but was that chosen by my game start selection or by the type of habitats connected to the wharf or not chosen at all and I have to do a different thing to get for example Argons along with the Terrans or Argons alone?
You need to go into the script itself to read the instructions, it is easy to do. Open the characters.xml file in the libraries folder with a program like notepad++ or something and read the instructions in there.

kaneeden
x4

Post by kaneeden » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 03:42

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 02:44
kaneeden wrote:
It works perfectly.
You need to go into the script itself to read the instructions, it is easy to do. Open the characters.xml file in the libraries folder with a program like notepad++ or something and read the instructions in there.
Thank you for the quick reply.
By adding the Argon to the Terrans will the weight of both be 50% or a completely random distribution?
Is it possible to somehow connect the variety/weighting to habitats?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 04:03

kaneeden wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 03:42
BlackRain wrote:
kaneeden wrote:
It works perfectly.
By adding the Argon to the Terrans will the weight of both be 50% or a completely random distribution?
Connecting to habitats is too complex right now but Egosoft will be doing that soon. They will be adding code so that whatever habitats you build on your stations, that is the crew that may be available.

As for who gets picked, if you add faction.player to the argon crew people and faction.player to the Terran crew people, you will be able to get both of these races. It won't be exactly 50%, but it should be close enough.

kaneeden
x4

Post by kaneeden » Tue, 13. Apr 21, 04:18

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 04:03
kaneeden wrote:
Tue, 13. Apr 21, 03:42
BlackRain wrote:

Connecting to habitats is too complex right now but Egosoft will be doing that soon. They will be adding code so that whatever habitats you build on your stations, that is the crew that may be available.

As for who gets picked, if you add faction.player to the argon crew people and faction.player to the Terran crew people, you will be able to get both of these races. It won't be exactly 50%, but it should be close enough.
Thanks again :)
I am very happy to hear they are going to implement that, it adds a lot to the immersion and to personal roleplaying aspects :D

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:01

Is there anyway to make them Yaki?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:09

sdfg wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:01
There is, I just have to add the yaki characters in there.

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:57

BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:09
sdfg wrote:
I would love you forever <3 And forgive my ignorance, this only affects crew I hire at my own stations, or does it affect any crew I hire anywhere?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 17:06

sdfg wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:57
BlackRain wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 16:09
sdfg wrote:
I would love you forever <3 And forgive my ignorance, this only affects crew I hire at my own stations, or does it affect any crew I hire anywhere?
It only affects crew you hire at your own stations

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 19:28

Wow! Nice work.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 02:15

Choose your crew' race Version 2.2
1) Now supports Yaki and Pioneers.

Also, if you are looking for even more control over the employees you recruit, also check out my employee variety mod

sdfg

Re: [MOD] Choose the race of your crew V2.2

Post by sdfg » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:01

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:16

sdfg wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:01
Heya, is this you? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
No, that is not me. It could just be a coincidence as it isn't like this is difficult to make. Anyway, my version is much more complete than his and more customizable.

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 09:25

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:16
sdfg wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 20:01
Heya, is this you? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
No, that is not me. It could just be a coincidence as it isn't like this is difficult to make. Anyway, my version is much more complete than his and more customizable.
Oh absolutely, I was just checking to see if it was to make updates easier.

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Thu, 3. Jun 21, 14:46

Thanks for this nice mod

For those who found that it's not working, here is what I noticed
Those crewmen you fired before (or disbanded in your shipyard) will be placed in a reserved pool
The next time you recruit new crewmen from your shipyard, those guy in the pool will be hired first

So you can't just enable this mod, fire the guys you don't want and fill your ship in shipyard, they will board your ship again
Instead, sell those guys with a ship or disband them to an NPC shipyard to keep them out of your crewmen pool

I built a small fleet to clear about 100 non-terran marines from my pool until I get one pure terran ship ready

sdfg

Post by sdfg » Sun, 23. Jan 22, 18:23

Hiya, having trouble this time round. No crew in any backlog that I know of (I've not fired anyone this playthrough). Have I derped somewhere?
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
<add sel="//characters">

<character id="service_terran_choose" group="terran.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[terran]" race="terran"/> <!-- If you don't want terran, you would need to remove all the faction.player from the ones up here, all of them -->
      <skills>
        <skill type="engineering" min="1" max="3"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="1" max="3"/>

<skill type="piloting" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="management" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="boarding" min="1" max="3"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="terran"/>
    </character>
    <character id="marine_terran_choose" group="terran.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[terran]" race="terran"/> <!-- If you don't want terran, you would need to remove all the faction.player from the ones up here, all of them -->
      <skills>
        <skill type="boarding" min="1" max="4"/>
        <skill type="morale" min="1" max="4"/>

<skill type="engineering" exact="0"/>
        <skill type="piloting" min="0" max="4"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="terran"/>
    </character>

<character id="fighter_terran_choose" group="terran.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, fighterpilot, commander, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[terran]" race="terran"/> <!-- If you don't want terran, you would need to remove all the faction.player from the ones up here, all of them -->
      <skills>
        <skill type="piloting" min="1" max="3"/>

</skills>
      <owner exact="terran"/>
    </character>

<character id="fighter_pioneers_choose" group="pioneers.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, fighterpilot, commander, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[pioneers]" race="terran"/>
      <skills>

<skill type="boarding" min="1" max="2"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="pioneers"/>
    </character>

<character id="service_pioneers_choose" group="pioneers.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable, rookie]" faction="[pioneers]" race="terran"/> <!-- Add faction.player to faction if you want to recruit them on your stations -->
      <skills>

<skill type="piloting" max="1"/>
        <skill type="boarding" min="2" max="3"/>
      </skills>
    </character>

<character id="marine_pioneers_choose" group="pioneers.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[pioneers]" race="terran"/>
      <skills>

<skill type="piloting" max="3"/>
      </skills>
    </character>

<character id="fighter_yaki_choose" group="yaki.pilot">
      <category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, fighterpilot, commander, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[yaki, faction.player]" race="argon"/> <!-- Add faction.player to faction if you want to recruit them on your stations -->
      <skills>

<skill type="boarding" min="5" max="6"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="yaki"/>
    </character>

<character id="service_yaki_choose" group="yaki.service">
      <category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[yaki, faction.player]" race="argon"/>
      <skills>

<skill type="boarding" min="2" max="3"/>
      </skills>
      <owner exact="yaki"/>
    </character>

<character id="marine_yaki_choose" group="yaki.marine">
      <category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable, regular]" faction="[yaki, faction.player]" race="argon"/>
      <skills>

</skills>
      <owner exact="yaki"/>
    </character>

</add>

<!-- In order to get the race you want, you need to remove faction.player from the races you don't want and you need to add faction.player to the end of the faction code for the ones you want -->

<!-- For example follow this: 

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace> Currently, 

this does not have faction.player, now add faction.player : 

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers, faction.player]" race="argon"/></replace>

Don't touch anything else -->

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_teladi_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/> </replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_teladi_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_paranid_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_paranid_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_split_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[scaleplate, alliance]" race="split"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_split_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[scaleplate, alliance]" race="split"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_argon_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_argon_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_teladi_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_teladi_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='service_paranid_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, service, regular, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='marine_paranid_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_split_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_split_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_split_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[split, freesplit, fallensplit, court]" race="split"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_argon_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_argon_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_argon_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[argon, antigone, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="argon"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_teladi_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, marine, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_teladi_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_teladi_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[teladi, ministry, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance]" race="teladi"/></replace>

<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_paranid_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, holyorderfanatic, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_paranid_regular_random']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, regular, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, holyorderfanatic, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>
<replace sel="//characters/character[@id='fighter_paranid_random_rookie']/category"><category tags="[crew, officer, pilot, aipilot, fighterpilot, commander, masstraffic, watchdog, rookie, recruitable]" faction="[paranid, holyorder, trinity, holyorderfanatic, scaleplate, hatikvah, alliance, buccaneers]" race="paranid"/></replace>

</diff>

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Mon, 24. Jan 22, 08:38

maybe some kind of documentation, e.g. what the mod actually does and how it works, would be nice.
Will this affect only the ppl assigned to a new ship, or alsob to the guys walking arround?
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 01:20

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Mon, 24. Jan 22, 08:38
maybe some kind of documentation, e.g. what the mod actually does and how it works, would be nice.
Will this affect only the ppl assigned to a new ship, or alsob to the guys walking arround?
This mod isn't really necessary anymore. It was intended as a workaround before Egosoft changed how the habitations work. Originally, the race you got as crew when building ships at your own shipyard was like random or something. This was a way to ensure that you would get the race you wanted as your crew. Now, you get the races you build habitations for.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”