Immediate Orders Mod - Anyone know of a updated mod that does the same thing?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Midnitewolf

Immediate Orders Mod - Anyone know of a updated mod that does the same thing?

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 10:03

I found this mod which is exactly what I am looking for but it appears the mod was abandoned about a year ago over on X4 Nexus and can't find anything else like it that has been updated for COH and 4.0.

The mod is called Immediate Orders.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/309

It basically adds several options to the orders menus that are immediately executable with the side benefit of automatically clearing all previous orders which honestly is how it should work in the first place.

Basically, If I click "Fly to" it stops everything and flies where I want it to. If I click, "Attack" the ship stops everything else and attacks. This would be a dream come true because I can't count the times I have being trying to fight a battle, and had everything get screwed up because I forgot I had told my fleet to jump out of the system previously or my worse nemesis, told them to Fly and Wait (because I can't just tell them to fly) and they just passively sit there hung up on the "wait" part of the command not executing the orders I game them.

If anyone know of anything like that, please let me know as it would make the game 100x more enjoyable.

Midnitewolf

Re: Immediate Orders Mod - Anyone know of a updated mod that does the same thing?

Post by Midnitewolf » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 20:44

Yeah that is what I thought. No response.

I also can't ask up in the General section where there is tons more traffic and where this question would get more exposure because they will just move my post back here anyway <sigh>.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Immediate Orders Mod - Anyone know of a updated mod that does the same thing?

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 3. Apr 21, 20:52

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sat, 3. Apr 21, 20:44

I also can't ask up in the General section where there is tons more traffic and where this question would get more exposure because they will just move my post back here anyway <sigh>.
Don't take this the wrong way, but one of the rules of the forum is not to comment on moderator actions. If the moderator felt that your post should be moved, then you just have to accept it. As for a response, well sometimes it takes a long time for a response to happen.

julian_stargazer
x4

Post by julian_stargazer » Mon, 5. Apr 21, 13:52

Midnitewolf wrote:

Hello,

this might no help you but should add some more light into the issue. The reason the mod stopped working, is linked to it's dependency:

G Workaround and Right Click API

Code: Select all

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=411630
Thanks

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 6. Apr 21, 01:07

julian_stargazer wrote:
Mon, 5. Apr 21, 13:52
Midnitewolf wrote:

Hello,

this might no help you but should add some more light into the issue. The reason the mod stopped working, is linked to it's dependency:

Code: Select all

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=411630
Thanks
Yeah I noticed that. I am using a mod called Mod Support API's by SirNukes which I think does exactly the same thing that G Workaround and Right Click API does, at least form what I read in the descriptions and SirNuke's one seems to be kind of a universal fix for all these types of mods though I don't know enough to be sure. Anyway that being the case I figured I would try to run the Immediate Orders mod hoping it would just use SirNuke's mod and work, but of course I got a message saying it was dependent on G Workaround. It honestly might just need to have its dependencies changed from G Workaround to SirNuke's but my modding skills only extend as far as editing txt files in notepad and maybe some table values. I am nearly 49 years old and don't have a clue about how to actually mod a game at this level.

dan1101
x3tc

Post by dan1101 » Wed, 7. Apr 21, 21:11

FWIW I think it's a great idea for a mod, and really should be part of the normal game. "I don't care what your current orders are, DO THIS NOW!"

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Sun, 11. Apr 21, 19:17

dan1101 wrote:
Wed, 7. Apr 21, 21:11
FWIW I think it's a great idea for a mod, and really should be part of the normal game. "I don't care what your current orders are, DO THIS NOW!"
Yep I am still on my quest to find a modder that has the ability to actually make this mod or take over updating the old one. I would really love it if Egosoft would just add it but considering the game is 3 years old and they haven't didn't a UI refresh despite so many people struggling with their UI and even going so far as making mods to circumvent it, I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

julian_stargazer
x4

Post by julian_stargazer » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 14:51

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 19:17
dan1101 wrote:
Yep I am still on my quest to find a modder that has the ability to actually make this mod or take over updating the old one. I would really love it if Egosoft would just add it but considering the game is 3 years old and they haven't didn't a UI refresh despite so many people struggling with their UI and even going so far as making mods to circumvent it, I am not holding my breath for that to happen.
Hey,

have a look at this fresh mod:

[New Mod] Urgent Orders
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=437371

Edit:

Cool news, G Workaround and Right Click API and the Immediate Orders Mods were updated:

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/322/

Immediate Orders Mod

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 22:04

julian_stargazer wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 14:51
Midnitewolf wrote:
Sun, 11. Apr 21, 19:17
dan1101 wrote:
Hey,

have a look at this fresh mod:

[New Mod] Urgent Orders
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=437371

Edit:

Cool news, G Workaround and Right Click API and the Immediate Orders Mods were updated:

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/322/

Immediate Orders Mod
Great news. I found Urgent Orders and have tried to use it but have still had some issues though I am not sure if it is mod related or game limitation, I expect game limitation.

What I specifically had issues with was that I told a ship to move immediately because it had drifted too close to a station and I wanted him out of there before he died but what happened was he would immediately get hit and loop back to my global order to retaliate which would then cancel the immediate order. As I said, I think this is game play related and not sure the work around. I can't just set my global command to "ignore" because I can't babysit every ship I have in the game and I don't think setting it to "use judgement" would do anything but loop the attack command just like "retaliate".

Also the Urgent Orders mod seems to leave in the "Wait" part of all commands which has been a stumbling block. Finally, his commands are a bit confusing as to what they actually do. Still it is better than not having it, just not as functional as I had hoped.

Now that immediate orders is updated I might just try that out.

Question though. I use SirNukes API mod for many other mods, do you know if G's and his will both work at the same time or conflict?

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 22:19

Midnitewolf wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 22:04

Great news. I found Urgent Orders and have tried to use it but have still had some issues though I am not sure if it is mod related or game limitation, I expect game limitation.

What I specifically had issues with was that I told a ship to move immediately because it had drifted too close to a station and I wanted him out of there before he died but what happened was he would immediately get hit and loop back to my global order to retaliate which would then cancel the immediate order. As I said, I think this is game play related and not sure the work around. I can't just set my global command to "ignore" because I can't babysit every ship I have in the game and I don't think setting it to "use judgement" would do anything but loop the attack command just like "retaliate".

Also the Urgent Orders mod seems to leave in the "Wait" part of all commands which has been a stumbling block. Finally, his commands are a bit confusing as to what they actually do. Still it is better than not having it, just not as functional as I had hoped.

Now that immediate orders is updated I might just try that out.

Question though. I use SirNukes API mod for many other mods, do you know if G's and his will both work at the same time or conflict?
The "Urgent" version of the order is exactly what you're looking for in that situation. The standard immediate order will always loop back like that (same as if you'd cleared all commands and just issued a normal move). There was a bug with my implementation in 1.0 where urgent orders were behaving like normal immediate orders instead of ignoring attacks, but I fixed it in v1.1: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=437371&p=5042812#p5042812

I haven't played around with both Sirnukes and G's but given they're touching the same area in the UI, and the UI can't be diff patched like the rest of the game, I would be very surprised if they don't conflict.

Edit: what would you propose instead of wait at the end of the order chain?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”