Limitations of Assets and by this Active Mods ?!?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ScarabParamit

Limitations of Assets and by this Active Mods ?!?

Post by ScarabParamit » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 07:43

Hi. I try to find solution for those errors that happen after icons.xml files are loaded:

[=ERROR=] 0.00 AssetManager::GetHandle() Out of Handles for AssetType=9, AssetCounter=8000
[=ERROR=] 0.00 AssetManager::GetAssetIntern() invalid handle(255:16777215)

They appear after icons.xml because icons are loaded last of AssetType 9 but material_library.xml is also involved (didn't found connections with other files like effects.xml particles or sounds, but lens and such should be tested).

The more mods with icons and material library entries the more of those errors i get. Looks like something important...like game lacks ability to link and assign certain graphics to use during gamplay.

Hope EgoSoft will remove limit of 8000 which seems to be for "whole game" ...or mod creators will have to create some kind of mod repository with names they start to use linked to ingame icons rather than copy them under new names (so every single last empty slot should be reserved for new content) ...OR very soon players will have to choose what mod they will keep and which to remove ...it worries me what happens when new DLC arrive, this limit modders can use can shrink very fast very soon =/

EDIT: By accident i found out, i kept around 500 (YAKES!) logos in MyDocuments/Egosoft folder where debuglogs.txt. are written ...clearing those out fixed my problem ...although i would like to point out yet again i had pinpointed ammounth to the very edge before errour occours, and with few mods combined it gives us less than 800 slots headway for modding purposes and logos. I still would like Egosoft to move limit away if possible.

I ALSO strongly suggest some kind of information for community about this, because i found none, even when i did typed "Out of Handles for AssetType=9" error in google to seek anything similar.

Regards!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”