2 questions : mining and cargo drones + unpacked game files

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Halpog
x4

2 questions : mining and cargo drones + unpacked game files

Post by Halpog » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 19:12

hello
anyone knows in wich cat, and where i can find xml files for mining, and cargo drones ?
or in wich files i can find the ship capacity for drones ?

is it possible to run x4 , with ALL game files unpacked ?
i guess that some cat files will overite other files when i unpack them, is there anyway to split the unpakced game files into folders ?
or will unpacking all files create more trouble and problems at all ?

daBeschi
x4

Re: 2 questions : mining and cargo drones + unpacked game files

Post by daBeschi » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 20:31

Hello,

First: I do not know if you can run X4 unpacked.

Second: \assets\units\size_xs\macros
Sorry! I do not know which cat exactly, I just have completely unpacked X4 to a second location for research purpose. But for just stat changes you should patch them and don't worry about cat's.

Greetings

Edit: I have seen the other post. the scripts are at \aiscripts and they wanted to increase the amount of rock peaces a drone can carry. I found on the first look no such entry in the drones xml. With the scripts the idea was to increase docking speed and the range in which the drones collect.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Fri, 16. Apr 21, 22:35

daBeschi wrote:
Fri, 16. Apr 21, 20:31
Hello,

First: I do not know if you can run X4 unpacked.

Second: \assets\units\size_xs\macros
Sorry! I do not know which cat exactly, I just have completely unpacked X4 to a second location for research purpose. But for just stat changes you should patch them and don't worry about cat's.

Greetings

Edit: I have seen the other post. the scripts are at \aiscripts and they wanted to increase the amount of rock peaces a drone can carry. I found on the first look no such entry in the drones xml. With the scripts the idea was to increase docking speed and the range in which the drones collect.
thnx :))

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:30

It is possible but not recommended to run the game on unpacked files. However, if you wish to do that for testing purpose then you need to add "-prefersinglefiles" to the executible. But be warned; It requires to have the exact folder structure in the game's main root which is tricky as there are some folders already and you risk to change those.

It is strongly recommended to have your own mod folder in the extension folder. In there you do not need packed files.

Moreover, once you unpacked all game files (see sticky) the folder structure is already preserved. I have unpacked them in a separate folder named "unpacked".

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”