[Mod] Urgent Orders

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alkeena
x4

[Mod] Urgent Orders

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 08:02

Urgent Orders:
============
By: Allectus

Translation: FAIL! Chapi (DE), TiomTang (CN)

Github: https://github.com/A11ectus/X4-urgent-orders
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2459574093
Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/683/

Mod effects:
============
Adds additional high priority orders to the right click menu: Attack-Immediate, Fly-Immediate, Fly-Same Plane, Fly-No Recall, and various combinations thereof.

Requirements:
=============
SirNukes' Mod Support API - https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/503
Required for right click menu integration

(Optional) My Wing Hotkeys mod - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2484521478
If present will provide fleet and wing quick select options and hotkeys for the orders below

What the mod does:
==================

This mod adds several orders to the right click menu:

* AI Order: Attack, Immediate -- Attack, with order placed at the front of the order queue

* AI Order: Attack Targets in Range, Immediate -- Attack all targets within a 40km sphere, with order placed at the front of the order queue

* AI Order: Fly and Wait, Immediate -- Fly and Wait, with order placed at the front of the order queue

* AI Order: Fly and Wait, Immediate/Same Plane -- Fly and Wait, with height set by current ship position rather than the ecliptic and order placed at the front of the order queue

* AI Order: Fly and Wait, Same Plane -- Fly and Wait, with height set by current ship position rather than the ecliptic

* AI Order: Fly and Wait, No Recall -- Fly and Wait, the ships will not recall subordinates

* AI Order: Fly and Wait, No Recall/Same Plane -- Fly and Wait, with height set by current ship position rather than the ecliptic and ships will not recall subordinates

* AI Order: Fly and Wait, Urgent -- Fly and Wait, but the order is placed at the front of the order queue, the ships do not respond to enemy attacks, and the ships do not recall subordinates

* AI Order: Fly and Wait, Urgent/Same Plane -- Fly and Wait, with height set by current ship position rather than the ecliptic, the order is placed at the front of the order queue, the ships do not respond to enemy attacks, and the ships do not recall subordinates

* AI Order: Dock and Wait, Urgent -- Dock and Wait, but the order is placed at the front of the order queue, the ships do not respond to enemy attacks, and the ships do not recall subordinates

Some Notes:

* Urgent is as close as I can manage to a force-move. The ship will not attempt to cancel the order to respond to attacks and critically will not engage it's override flee order if it comes under fire. This serves as a reasonable escape mechanism for capital ships but may be suicide for fighters as they will fly in a straight line at constant speed (flee behaviour for small ships gives them access to evasive manoeuvres that this command will skip). Use wisely, commander.

* Urgent orders may still be interrupted by the comm-player-for-instructions behavior, which could result in an automatic flee behavior being assigned while it awaits your response. Either respond to the com and tell them to continue, or allow it to time out (~10 sec) and they will resume the urgent command. I'm still considering how best to handle this (I'm somewhat reluctant to stop that interrupt due to possible unforseen consequences). See the v1.1 release video for a breakdown of how it behaves currently.

See here for a demonstration: https://youtu.be/JyAwMSAZFuc

V1.1 Release Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04zg0NxCEbA

Install:
========
-Unzip to 'X4 Foundations/extensions/al_urgent_orders' / subscribe on Steam

-Make sure the sub-folders and files are in 'X4 Foundations/extensions/al_urgent_orders' and not in 'X4 Foundations/extensions/al_urgent_orders/al_urgent_orders'.

-Installation is savegame safe

Uninstall:
==========
-Delete the mod folder / unsubscribe on Steam.

History:
========
* 1.0, 2021-04-17: Initial release
* 1.1, 2021-04-18: Added DE translation; Added "Dock and Wait, Urgent"; Allowed "Fly..." commands to take other objects as targets; Fixed bug in "...Urgent" commands that would cause them to not properly ignore attacks
* 1.2, 2021-05-11: Added support for Wing Hotkeys Mod; Added Attack Targets in Range, Immediate command; Corrected position offset error when camera was tilted; Added CN translation
* 1.2.1, 2021-05-22: Corrected menu display error in German translation.
Last edited by Alkeena on Sat, 22. May 21, 18:34, edited 5 times in total.

Max Bain
x3ap

Re: [New Mod] Urgent Orders

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 10:16

Why did it took you 3 years to developer it!? No joking :mrgreen: , this is awesome and should be in vanilla. It's one of the weekly suggestions :roll:
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

daBeschi
x4

Post by daBeschi » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 12:21

Hello,

Great work! Must have MOD!

Greetings

Chapi22

Post by Chapi22 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:04

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 14:48

Max Bain wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 10:16
Why did it took you 3 years to developer it!? No joking :mrgreen: , this is awesome and should be in vanilla. It's one of the weekly suggestions :roll:
I've only actually owned X4 for a bit over a month--I was holding out for ages for a VR version (which for XR was a separate purchase). :P

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 14:50

Chapi22 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:04
German Translation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iygcdbosxkfv ... 9.xml?dl=0
Thanks so much! I'll include it in the next release. How would you like to be referenced in the readme?

Also I'm on my phone atm and haven't actually downloaded the file yet--leave it up a bit longer so I can grab it later today please :-)

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 15:39

Chapi22 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 13:04
German Translation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iygcdbosxkfv ... 9.xml?dl=0
Got it, and merged in for the next release.

I don't suppose I could trouble you for a translation of the description text in content.xml as well?

Chapi22

Post by Chapi22 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 17:11

Alkeena wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 14:50

Thanks so much! I'll include it in the next release. How would you like to be referenced in the readme?
FAIL! Chapi is enough.
Spoiler
Show
Mod-Effekte:
============
Fügt dem Rechtsklickmenü zusätzliche Befehle mit hoher Priorität hinzu: Angriff sofort, Hinfliegen sofort, Hinfliegen / gleiche Höhe, Hinfliegen / kein Rückruf und verschiedene Kombinationen davon.

Voraussetzungen:
=============
SirNukes Mod Suppot API

Was die Mod macht:
==================

Diese Mod fügt dem Rechtsklickmenü mehrere Befehle hinzu:

* KI-Befehl: Angriff, sofort -- Angriff, wobei der Befehl an die Spitze der Befehlswarteschlange gesetzt wird

* KI-Befehl: Hinfliegen und Warten, Sofort -- Hinfliegen und warten, wobei der Befehl an die erste Stelle der Befehlswarteschlange gesetzt wird

* KI-Befehl: Hinfliegen und warten, sofort/gleiche Höhe -- Hinfliegen und warten, wobei die Höhe durch die aktuelle Schiffsposition und nicht durch die Ekliptik bestimmt wird und der Auftrag an den Anfang der Auftragsliste gestellt wird

* KI-Befehl: Hinfliegen und warten, gleiche Höhe -- Hinfliegen und warten, wobei die Höhe durch die aktuelle Schiffsposition und nicht durch die Ekliptik bestimmt wird.

* KI-Befehl: Hinfliegen und warten, kein Rückruf -- Hinfliegen und warten, die Schiffe rufen keine Untergebenen zurück

* KI-Befehl: Hinfliegen und warten, kein Rückruf/gleiche Höhe -- Hinfliegen und warten, wobei die Höhe durch die aktuelle Schiffsposition und nicht durch die Ekliptik bestimmt wird und die Schiffe keine Untergebenen zurückrufen

* KI-Befehl: Hinfliegen und warten, dringend -- Hinfliegen und warten, aber der Befehl wird an den Anfang der Befehlswarteschlange gestellt, die Schiffe reagieren nicht auf feindliche Angriffe und die Schiffe rufen keine Untergebenen zurück

* KI-Befehl: Hinfliegen und warten, dringend/gleiche Höhe -- Hinfliegen und warten, wobei die Höhe durch die aktuelle Schiffsposition und nicht durch die Ekliptik bestimmt wird, der Befehl wird an die erste Stelle der Befehlswarteschlange gesetzt, die Schiffe reagieren nicht auf feindliche Angriffe und die Schiffe rufen keine Untergebenen zurück

Einige Anmerkungen:

* Dringend ist so nah an einem Force-Move, wie es mir möglich ist. Das Schiff wird nicht versuchen, den Befehl abzubrechen, um auf Angriffe zu reagieren, und es wird kritischer weise seinen Override-Fliehbefehl nicht aktivieren, wenn es unter Beschuss gerät. Dies dient als vernünftiger Fluchtmechanismus für Großkampfschiffe, kann aber für Raumjäger Selbstmord sein, da sie in einer geraden Linie mit konstanter Geschwindigkeit fliegen werden (das Fluchtverhalten für kleine Schiffe gibt ihnen Zugang zu Ausweichmanövern, die dieser Befehl überspringt). Setze ihn mit Bedacht ein, Kommandant.

Siehe hier eine Demonstration: https://youtu.be/JyAwMSAZFuc

Installieren:
========
-Entpacke nach 'X4 Foundations/extensions/al_urgent_orders' / abonniere auf Steam

-Stelle sicher, dass die Unterordner und Dateien in 'X4 Foundations/extensions/al_urgent_orders' und nicht in 'X4 Foundations/extensions/al_urgent_orders/al_urgent_orders' sind.

-Installation ist savegame-sicher

Deinstallieren:
==========
-Lösche den Mod-Ordner / De-abonniere es auf Steam.
Here the Full Text.

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 01:53

I think I've identified an issue preventing "urgent" from properly ignoring attacks, but I'd like to run a few more tests to be sure. I'll likely release a fix (much) later tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 17:42

Released v1.1: Added DE translation; Added "Dock and Wait, Urgent"; Allowed "Fly..." commands to take other objects as targets; Fixed bug in "...Urgent" commands that would cause them to not properly ignore attacks

Update video here: https://youtu.be/04zg0NxCEbA

Thanks to FAIL! Chapi for the german translation.

Also, a note on the urgent behavior:

* Urgent orders may still be interrupted by the comm-player-for-instructions behavior, which could result in an automatic flee behavior being assigned while it awaits your response. Either respond to the com and tell them to continue, or allow it to time out (~10 sec) and they will resume the urgent command. I'm still considering how best to handle this (I'm somewhat reluctant to stop that interrupt due to possible unforseen consequences). See the v1.1 release video for a breakdown of how it behaves currently.

That said, the ignore attack behavior for "...Urgent" commands was in fact broken in 1.0 and is fixed (but for the above exception) in 1.1

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 12. May 21, 03:08

V1.2 Released:

1.2, 2021-05-11: Added support for Wing Hotkeys Mod; Added Attack Targets in Range, Immediate command; Corrected position offset error when camera was tilted; Added CN translation

Alkeena
x4

Re: [Mod] Urgent Orders

Post by Alkeena » Sat, 22. May 21, 18:35

Released v1.2.1:

* 1.2.1, 2021-05-22: Corrected menu display error in German translation.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”