questions about how to handle some stuff in game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Halpog
x4

questions about how to handle some stuff in game

Post by Halpog » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 10:18

huhu

ok i got some questions arround some stuff in game, and how it can be handled .

1:
is it possible to create some kind of warehouse, where my miners go to , and fill the ore and silicone ressources up, and than i can bring ore, and silicon to my main complex ?
i know i can just setup a mini fabrik with 1 prod.module and stop the production, so that the WH gets filled up, but is it possible without to have a prod module at all ?
or is there a more easyway to get ore and ilicon from one cabrik to a nother one ? ( not talking about refined metalls or silicon wafers as example )

2:
is there a way to speed up mining process ? i mean i have 10 mining drones but and mostly 1 or 3 cargo drones.does the cargo drones affect somehow the mining prozess ? or is the picking up and "farming" stuff all left at the mining drones ?
iam asking because in over 1 hour RL ingame sinza, my miners got 1x full and delivered ore to my complex, this is realy slow.

3:
can i set an autominers at a sector and tell him to sell ore,silicone ONLY to my complex ? or will he just sell random anywhere, when he is full ?

4:
how does this supplyment ship work at all ?
i have a XL ship with rockets, and 1 supply ship set to supply my fleet.will this ship just start flying arround and buying stuff to "create" rockets ? or will it fly arround and just buy rockets for my XL ship and deliver them to it ?
or iamcompletly wrong and nothing of all this will happen ?
and why XL ships,and supply ships can have drone parts, hullparts and so on, as cargo ? what iam missing there ?

5:
at the global setting, there is an option to restock i can set it to low and high and so on, what exactly means this ? is this ONLY for stations ? or does it count for ships too ?

6:
the trade orders, dont know if the german translation is just that ******, but for me its not clear, when i forbid something.
lets say i want to forbid HOP faction to trade with my stations,and buy ships from me.so i have to check the ship selling and trade , or leave it like it is ( empty ) ?

7:
what is needed to get the global order "mark abendonned ships" to work ? nav point drones ? or satelites ? or what is it ?
and what is needed to let my NPC ships take over this ships ?

8:
anyone knoiws at wich point , plots are starting , whan i start a gamewith the custom game start editor ?

9:
any way to let a fleet patroll mroe than just 1 sector ?

10:
any mod or script so far to let NPC´s deploy lastertowers in a specific place and order ? ( like the old ring of fire mod for example) ?

thnx in adv if some of these question can get cleared^^

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: questions about how to handle some stuff in game

Post by euclid » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 12:18

As only the last question is about modding, I move this to the main forum to increase the chance of some feedback ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 12:33

2. Most will tell you to use resource probes but I believe thats a waste of time. some areas have more or and silicon then others so mining got take longer. but since latest updates the mining became a pain in the ... Gas mining works great but especially silicon mining takes ages. I'm using a MOD from Steam workshop to increase astroid density. This improves mining a litle and especially xenon activity to.

3. just add your miners to you station subordinates and the station manager will send them to mine whatever the station needs.

7. to let an ia ship take over an abandond ship you will need a marine on that ia ship. In global settings you should be able to set how your ships should respond when finding abandond ships.

8. it starts when you start the game. On Terran game start you will be immediatly send in your first plot but other game start you may have to search for dataleaks on the station your start. Incase of split game starts you will have to look for data leaks on other stations. When you find a data leak and it respond with "One moment please" then your first plot starts.

slober
x4

Post by slober » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 12:44

1. It is possible. And I think it is a new developers idea how to make logistic better and more interesting. When you are looking for really reach zone with a lot of recourses and make chain of HUBs .

How can you make it.

Setting the same as for trading station but you need solid storage.

You buy ore (and now can sign miners)
You sell ore. (You can sign L miner as a trader or use L miner with repeat order option)

p.s. For example you can mine Silicon in The Void / Methane in Pious Mist VI / Ore in Second Contact II and deliver everything in any sector what you need to

chip56

Post by chip56 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:08

1) You can set any good up as trade ware and put a buy request in.
2) There is a good post in the forum somewhere that descripes how certain things affect mining speed. Search for optimal mining and you should be able to find it.
3) Set up trade blacklists and allow only your own faction.
4) Supply ships BUILD missles out of the ressources. Thats why they have those cargo wares
6) If you want to disallow HOP from buying ships you need to add HOP as "not allowed faction" or you could check the "limit everyone" checkbox if you want to keep the shipyard for only yourself.
10) i think there is a mod Waypoint fields for deployments that might do what you want on Nexus. I havent installed it but it sounds like it could be useful for you

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 17:49

oki , thnx all for the answeres :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”