[MOD] New Horizons / Old Lands. Sector exploration mod. 29 Sep update.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Newinger
x4

Re: [MOD] New Horizons / Old Lands. Sector exploration mod. 29 Sep update.

Post by Newinger » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:10

Valinir wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:08
Anyone knows if that mod works with vro?
Well, it mainly adds sectors and I use it with VRO at the moment.

Did not check the mentioned ship variants, but assume they might just not fit VRO's higher engine speeds?

Dr Reed
x4

Post by Dr Reed » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 21:23

Newinger wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 11:28
Thanks for this mod!

I like the mood of the new sectors a lot.

Maybe a bug: In unknown sector Alpha 3, the inactive jump gate looks like an active one visually.

Also, some more create sector names or small descriptions (just like: "There is no information known yet about this recently discovered sector.") would be nice for flavor.

Edit: "Clouds of Profits" is named as Unknown sector Alpha 6 in the description in encyclopedia :)

Edit 2: "Heart of Tranquility" is called "Home of Tranquility" in the description in encyc.
Thanks for the feedback.

The inactive gates arn't really inacive objects as they do have a target location set and i think this is why the gates can sometimes look active when they shouldn't be. Maybe giving them an inactive flag would stop this but leaving them this way makes it a whole lot easier to add more sectors. I'm currently working on another +10 sectors with 2 more factions.
i'll have another look at that Gate again though incase i missed something.

As for the encyclopedia entries, yeah there are a few oopsies hidden in there. I will probably flesh out the sector descriptions later.

VRO compatability for the new ship variants. I've already had a look but am not sure which tags have to be added to the shields, turrets and engines.

Newinger
x4

Post by Newinger » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 08:09

Dr Reed wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 21:23
[I'm currently working on another +10 sectors with 2 more factions.
Sounds great! I really like the Teladi Union sectors and have started a new game there, currently trying to build a station (solar power plant combined with sunrise flowers production). A bit difficult to get enough hull parts, though, but I can ship these from other regions.

I also like that your mod plays well with Xpanded Sectors Advanced (which adds 38 sectors). Would be cool if you could keep your mod compatible (the screenshots on the Nexus page show that mods sectors positions).

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Wed, 10. Nov 21, 16:45

Hi there,

I noticed a sector with this mod. Where a dock is. No owner.
Surrounded by a number of guns.
Does anyone know anything about it?

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Thu, 11. Nov 21, 18:13

Hi there,

See map. This station. Surrounded by weapon systems.
Isn't Teladie Union owned?
Does anyone know?

https://ibb.co/PZSLqm8

Dr Reed
x4

Post by Dr Reed » Fri, 12. Nov 21, 19:31

Yeah, that's just an abandoned station that is ownerless.I wanted to add a small mission for that sector but it was way beyond my modding skills.

My intention was that it was an Argon military research sector that was rapidly evacuated when the Gate flickered on and off as the jump gate network failed.

I really wish that i could make some sense of the mission scripting system in the game as i wanted to try and tell some storys/lore for the new sectors through missions and npc conversations.

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 12:01

is this mod works with 5.0?

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 14:24

st3k wrote:
Thu, 31. Mar 22, 12:01
is this mod works with 5.0?
It works fine for me

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Thu, 31. Mar 22, 14:25

it should work yes, it adds sectors and a faction to the southern part of the map, it's a kinda very closed region I really don't like that they are not more connections to the universe map... but the sectors do look good

st3k
x4

Post by st3k » Sat, 2. Apr 22, 07:41

thank you for the mod.
question - is it any chances you can add one or two more main entry points?

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 09:13

Question - Using it with the X Universe 5.0 mod (see https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... x+universe) and/or with Xpanded sectors adv. (see https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription).
Can I use them together, or are there problems regarding the positioning of the sectors?

Dr Reed
x4

Post by Dr Reed » Thu, 14. Apr 22, 19:57

Hi,
I don't know that the X Universe 5.0 mod existed but I will look into it and thanks for the heads up.
As for the question, it works ok with Xpanded sectors adv and the sectors that are added in DeadAir's Mods.

Even though I have not updated in a while I'm still working on it and have doubled the amount of sectors and added 4 more full factions.
Hopefully It wont take too much longer for the next update but it's turned out to be a bigger amount of work than I first thought. :D

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 10:46

Thanks for the answer.

By the way - if you are trying to use/test XUniverse with a custom game start (the menue point from X4 main menue). Thats not working - XUniverse leads ONLY during custom game creation to a CTD. So to avoid this, create your custom gamestart, save and restart X4 now with XUniverse. Go to the custom game menue, load your custom game AND DO NOT GOT into the cutom game menues! Start it, and with this its working.

Dr Reed
x4

Post by Dr Reed » Sat, 16. Apr 22, 21:27

I just had a look at the X Universe 5.0 mod and it seems that the first system in my mod clashes with one of the sectors on the Galaxy map.

I'll have a closer look at all the Sector mods that I know of and see what adjustments I can make to try to reach compatibility for the next update.

Taylor2008
x4

Post by Taylor2008 » Mon, 18. Apr 22, 14:47

There is a second version of XUniverse which fixed that problem : X Universe + reconfig tweak1

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 19. Apr 22, 13:27

You should use XUniverse 5.0 (link see my post above, or 'https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... x+universe').

The other X Universe versions are outdated. XUniverse 5.0 (formerly also known as 4.0) is compatible with XPANed Sectors Advanced (from Nexus). So, the older version(s) should not be used bec. of overlapping sectors or missing gates. (Mostly) All these problems are solved with XUniverse 5.0 and the actual XPANed Sectors Advanced (see 'https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/732')

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 1. May 22, 23:31

I had lots of fun exploring the new sectors, thanks for making the mod!
Spoiler
Show
The dark sector was definitely a good surprise, we need more of those dangerous looking sectors on the outskirt of the universe
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”