Mods that conflict with the in-game talk function

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wozzlebatneo Breau

Mods that conflict with the in-game talk function

Post by Wozzlebatneo Breau » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 01:56

I have just started a new game and I have encountered an issue where whrn I select "Talk" the camera jitters around until I say "Goodbye" I guess this is an unintended consequence from a mod , but any ideas which ones could affect this function. Even a generalised idea, such as "Mods that change behaviouR etc, would be helpfull in narrowing it down

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Mods that conflict with the in-game talk function

Post by euclid » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 18:22

The usual method to determine the mod which causes the problem is to disable one mod at a time and then check if the problem still persists.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Wozzlebatneo Breau

Post by Wozzlebatneo Breau » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 03:25

Thank you. That's what I did. Ha Ha

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 03:57

if you're the same user named wozzlebat in nexus who had problems with my mods and who I had an email convo with about the debug log ...
and you're still experiencing the problem ...
i suggest that you don't rename the mod folders.

if you're not the same person, ignore this. :D
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

Wozzlebatneo Breau

Post by Wozzlebatneo Breau » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 01:09

kuertee wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 03:57
if you're the same user named wozzlebat in nexus who had problems with my mods and who I had an email convo with about the debug log ...
and you're still experiencing the problem ...
i suggest that you don't rename the mod folders.

if you're not the same person, ignore this. :D
Yes I am, and I have taken your advice to heart. I only did it once, out of frustration, but, never again, Ha Ha Incidently I moved my game out of Program Files and eveything seems to work OK. I only use a few mods though.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”