Satellite range

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

builder680
x4

Satellite range

Post by builder680 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:41

Can anyone tell me where or how to change the radius of advanced satellites from 75km to something like.... 1000km? I'd probably do something similar with resource probes.

Also looking for a script to automate placement. Just started a new heavily modded game and not interested in hand placing a new satellite network.

Manawydn
x4

Re: Satellite range

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 22:03

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =satellite

Satellite dropper by JP is what I use, highly customizable auto-sat drop script that supports adv satellites. As for range, those mods do exist on the Nexus, but I would advise against it. As someone who also uses -all-the-mods at once, you need as much cpu power as you can have, so cutting corners there is a good idea. I just have them placed around gates and important stations (wharfs, faction reps etc). There are mods out there that will use satellites to grab trade data, and that is much more performance friendly.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/4

I run both of these, they have every feature you have asked for.

builder680
x4

Re: Satellite range

Post by builder680 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 22:07

In my vanilla save, I had advanced satellites covering every sector in the game (vanilla, Split, CoH), including the Xenon sectors, from the center out to hundreds of kilometers. I could see all traffic at any time and the performance impact was not noticeable whatsoever, so I'm more than happy to take a shortcut and just use 1 satellite per sector. Do you know of any mods that extend coverage range to something like 1,000 km, because I can't find any using google or duck duck go, or the search functions on the nexus/steam workshop.

EDIT: nm found some, dunno how i missed them the first time. thanks! In the end though, I wound up just going with the dropper one, and guess I'll just use normal ranges because I don't want to mess up the NPC's advanced satellite ranges too.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”