Changing ship capacity for carriers/destroyers, Internal Storage, Hangar, Dock

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ker5das
x4

Changing ship capacity for carriers/destroyers, Internal Storage, Hangar, Dock

Post by Ker5das » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 07:22

I have been searching for hours on answers on the files and lines that govern the mechanics of ships internal storage. I just want to increase on asgard the m and s interal storage capacity. Please please I ask for your help.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Changing ship capacity for carriers/destroyers, Internal Storage, Hangar, Dock

Post by Nanook » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 18:15

This is best discussed in the Scripting and Modding Forum, so over it goes.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

sprIder
x4

Re: Changing ship capacity for carriers/destroyers, Internal Storage, Hangar, Dock

Post by sprIder » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 20:09

Let me try to explain:
First, a distinction is made between the dock area and the ship's store.
The Asgard has 1 M dock and 3 S dock as well as ship storage for 40 S ships.

Where the docks (or in this case "the dock") are/is located in the ship is determined in the
ship_atf_xl_battleship_01.xml
in X4 Foundations\extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\units\size_xl

Code: Select all

<connection name="con_dockarea_atf_xl_battleship_01" tags="dockarea ">
				<offset>
					<position x="0" y="86.63132" z="-516"/>
				</offset>
			</connection>
What dock is used is described in the associated macro, ship_atf_xl_battleship_01_a_macro.xml,
in extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\units\size_xl\macros
with the "macro ref"

<connection ref="con_dockarea_atf_xl_battleship_01">
        <macro ref="dockarea_atf_xl_battleship_01_macro" connection="Connection01" />
      </connection>
The same applies to the ship storage. From the ship_atf_xl_battleship_01_a_macro.xml:

<connection ref="con_shipstorage_02">
        <macro ref="shipstorage_gen_s_01_macro" connection="object" />
      </connection>
The dockarea_atf_xl_battleship_01_macro is used as the dock, which is located in extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\structures\dock\macros and has 4 connections: 1 M dock and 3 S docks.
These again point to other macros: dockingbay_arg_m_01_macro (for the M ship) and dockingbay_arg_s_01_macro (for the S ships)
If you open them, you can see in each macro that only 1 ship can dock at a time:

<dock external="1" />
So now we have 3 S ships and 1 M ship that can dock.

What is interesting now is that independently of this, only one shipstoreage is listed in the ship_atf_xl_battleship_01_a_macro.xml, namely the shipstorage_gen_s_01_macro. It is located in assets\props\SurfaceElements\macros.
Open it an see, that 40 ships fit in it.

<dock capacity="40" external="0" storage="1" />
      <room walkable="0" />
      <docksize tags="dock_s" />
But there is no storage for M ships.

To adjust this, you could write a mod that first changes the S shipstorage. Egosoft already has one in the files that can store 100 S ships: shipstorage_gen_s_02_macro.xml
So you have to change in ship_atf_xl_battleship_01_a_macro.xml at

<connection ref="con_shipstorage_02">
        <macro ref="shipstorage_gen_s_01_macro" connection="object" />
      </connection>
the "shipstorage_gen_s_01_macro" to "shipstorage_gen_s_02_macro"
Or you change the value of the parameter "dock capacity" in the shipstorage_gen_s_01_macro.xml. But this will change the ship storage of all ships (and maybe stations) in the game, which use this ship storage.
Of course, you could also create your own shipstorage, e.g. shipstorage_gen_s_03_macro.xml. But that would be even more effort.

For the M ship storage you have to go a bit further. First you have to tell the ship that it has an M storage. So you have to define where it is located:
You can add the following lines/connection to the ship_atf_xl_battleship_01.xml:

<connection name="con_shipstorage_03" tags="dockingbay ">
				<offset>
					<position x="2.700806E-02" y="223.2232" z="-81.40008"/>
				</offset>
			</connection>
With this code, you add a third ship storage connection at a defined position.
Don't get confused, the first one is already assigned to the xs shipstorage (connection).

Then you have to define in the macro "ship_atf_xl_battleship_01_a_macro" which ship storage it should be:

<connection ref="con_shipstorage_03">
        <macro ref="shipstorage_gen_m_02_macro" connection="object" />
      </connection>

For this example, we use the shipstorage_gen_m_02_macro, which can hold 30 M-ships. You find the macro in assets\props\SurfaceElements\macros. There you'll find also the shipstorage_gen_m_01_macro which has a capacity of 10 M ships.

Don't forget to set in the content.xml the dependency to the dlc:

<dependency id="ego_dlc_terran" optional="false" name="Cradle of Humanity"></dependency>
I hope that was understandable.
I could also write you the mod, but I won't be able to do it until tomorrow at the earliest.
Last edited by sprIder on Sat, 9. Apr 22, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 2. Dec 21, 20:12

I have not tested it myself but you want to check assets\props\SurfaceElements\macros for shipstorage_gen_s (and m) where the ship dock capacity is defined. Make sure you mod the right one (_01 or _02) ;-)
Hope that helps.

Cheers Euclid

ps: sprIder beat me to it. E.
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”