Significant update to X4 Modding Tools released

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Significant update to X4 Modding Tools released

Post by Gregory » Fri, 8. Sep 23, 11:45

After launching our Blender Modding Tools alongside the 6.00 update and the X4: Kingdom End expansion back in April 2023, we're excited to bring you another important update to our tools for modding X4: Foundations.

Firstly, we've introduced a one-click conversion tool that easily transforms old mod models into the new format Egosoft uses. If you've been using older community tools, this is a game-changer for you. For those interested in adding a layer of dynamism, you can now create custom animations. This will allow more interactive and engaging elements within your modded worlds. We've also simplified some of the more technical aspects of the tools. During model export, the tools will now automatically generate "component" XML files, resulting in a speedier process for asset creation. Last but not least, we've incorporated a feature that allows the creation of waypoints, specifically for drone routes.

We're in the process of compiling more detailed documentation for all these new capabilities. In the meantime, keep an eye on our Wiki for updates and documentation links. Though still under construction, it's shaping up to be a valuable resource: X Wiki.

Go ahead and download the updated modding tools to explore these new features. Whether you're a modding veteran or new to the scene, this update is designed to streamline your creative process. Happy modding!
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

AkagiVoid
x4

Re: Significant update to X4 Modding Tools released

Post by AkagiVoid » Thu, 28. Sep 23, 16:28

Tried using the Blender Modding Tools V0.6.5 in my Blender and it kept throwing errors. >:/
I'm using blender 3.6 btw. >w<

Error Log:
Spoiler
Show
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.6\3.6\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 369, in enable
mod.register()
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.6\3.6\scripts\addons\ego_tools\__init__.py", line 90, in register
register_class(OBJECT_OT_add_egoSubtypeProperty)
ValueError: register_class(...): already registered as a subclass 'OBJECT_OT_add_egoSubtypeProperty'

Breathtaker
x4

Post by Breathtaker » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 20:52

Can you share more examples?

It would be nice to see examples .blend files of weapon and turret?

rsega8213
x4

Post by rsega8213 » Sat, 16. Mar 24, 20:09

Tried using the Blender Modding Tools V0.6.5 in my Blender and it kept throwing errors. >:/
I'm using blender 3.6 btw. >w<

Same to you ...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”