need help with a md file

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

00NightHunter00
x4

need help with a md file

Post by 00NightHunter00 » Thu, 15. Feb 24, 05:59

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mdscript name="Setup_Apoc" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="md.xsd">
<cues>
<cue name="xenpo_defence_cluster_01_sector001Destruction" checktime="10s" onfail="cancel">
<conditions>
<event_object_destroyed godstationentry="'xenpo_defence_cluster_01_sector001'" space="player.galaxy" />
</conditions>
<delay min="if player.debug then 1min else 1min" />
<actions>
<set_job_active activate="true" job="'terran_carrier_defence_xl_test'"/>
</actions>
</cue>
</cues>
</mdscript>

so this is the file im trying to figure out how to get it to work how i want what i want is when a xenon station is destroyed in a certain sector it activates a job what am i doing wrong first time im trying to build md files its prob a easy fix any help is appeciated

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: need help with a md file

Post by euclid » Fri, 16. Feb 24, 18:18

Hmm ... are you sure you want to trigger the job only for that specific Xenon station?

I'd use event_object_destroyed and then several conditions within a check_all, like event_object.owner, event.object.sector etc.. But maybe I've missed your point ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

00NightHunter00
x4

Re: need help with a md file

Post by 00NightHunter00 » Sat, 17. Feb 24, 04:19

euclid wrote:
Fri, 16. Feb 24, 18:18
Hmm ... are you sure you want to trigger the job only for that specific Xenon station?

I'd use event_object_destroyed and then several conditions within a check_all, like event_object.owner, event.object.sector etc.. But maybe I've missed your point ;-)

Cheers Euclid
Thank you for the reply first off second off im not sure i want it to activate certain jobs if the station is destroyed kinda like the idea of taking back the galaxy when one station is destroyed some faction jobs are unlocked and begin being built to help bring back the galaxy im open to any ideas that would work well with this in mind

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”