Some questions about ship modeling

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpaceBeast426

Some questions about ship modeling

Post by SpaceBeast426 » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 01:47

Hi All, I'm hoping to start building a new model for x4 and I had a few questions I hoped the community could help me out with.
  • Can I build an entirely new ship from scratch or do I need to use some of the assets the game has?
  • how do the interiors work, do I design them separately and then attach them to the model using scripts or do I simply carve the interior out during the modelling process?
  • How do the windows work, do I simply texture it with a see through material or is this more complex a process?
I have taken a quick look at some of the tutorials but haven't dived in too deep, if any of these questions can be answered there please let me know.

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: Some questions about ship modeling

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 15:24

SpaceBeast426 wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 01:47
Hi All, I'm hoping to start building a new model for x4 and I had a few questions I hoped the community could help me out with.
  • Can I build an entirely new ship from scratch or do I need to use some of the assets the game has?
  • how do the interiors work, do I design them separately and then attach them to the model using scripts or do I simply carve the interior out during the modelling process?
  • How do the windows work, do I simply texture it with a see through material or is this more complex a process?
I have taken a quick look at some of the tutorials but haven't dived in too deep, if any of these questions can be answered there please let me know.
You can make a ship completely from scratch.
Interiors for S/M are modeled into the ship itself, while L/XL are easier and can be separate models that are placed inside the ship via connections.
I'm not sure how windows work so can't help there.

SpaceBeast426

Re: Some questions about ship modeling

Post by SpaceBeast426 » Mon, 19. Feb 24, 15:50

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 15:24
SpaceBeast426 wrote:
Mon, 19. Feb 24, 01:47
You can make a ship completely from scratch.
Interiors for S/M are modeled into the ship itself, while L/XL are easier and can be separate models that are placed inside the ship via connections.
I'm not sure how windows work so can't help there.
Thanks for getting back to me on this appreciate it.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”